Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vice City coming to iOS and Android

• 26-10-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45851/celebrating-the-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-10th-anniversary-plus.html
    Building on the success of the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto III in 2001, the release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on October 29, 2002 pushed the open world game series deeper into popular culture with a vibrant over-the-top take on Miami, a stunning celebrity voice cast and a loving, satirical look at the cultural excesses of the ‘80s.

To celebrate the 10th anniversary, there will be a series of commemorative assets released, including never-before-seen artwork and a brand new anniversary trailer highlighting some of the most iconic scenes and music from the game. In addition, a limited run of collectable promotional items will be made available for purchase through the Rockstar Warehouse, with select items also available via online giveaways.

In conjunction with the anniversary, we're pleased to announce that we'll be releasing an Anniversary Edition of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for select iOS and Android devices later this fall. This upcoming version will bring the full experience to mobile devices, featuring native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms. Stay tuned for more details in the weeks ahead including a list of compatible iOS and Android devices.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Hope it comes to console too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I downloaded GTA3 on my iphone5 and it wont work! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Anyone hear a release date on this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

What a game.. I wonder if it will have any new features :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Although it says only available for iphone 4 and up, i downloaded gta3 on my 3gs and it worked just fine. Wonder will i have the same luck this time around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im always playing GTA 3 on the SGS3, im more excited about VC on the phone than i am about GTA V!!

Jesus I cannot wait! Nexus 7 with PS3 controller at the ready for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Most have probably seen this, but I just spotted it on R*'s newswire a moment ago. Vice City 10th Anniversary Trailer:

I'm excited for Thursday, can't wait to see what this looks like on me iPhone 5's 4" retina display. I never finished the original VC, so some of it will be quite new, it'll be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

that is just awesome! Would love to be able to play it on PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Anybody buy this yet, wondering if it plays well ?

Rushden wrote: »
    Anybody buy this yet, wondering if it plays well ?
    Yeah, I bought it last night. Played it for 30mins, and was very smooth! I enjoyed it, brought bac some memories :)

Was playing it on an ipad 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Got this for iphone 4s this morning. Plays pretty well.

I notice that when you save a game you have two icloud slots. Does this mean you can pick up on ipad where you left off on iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

The favourite game of my childhood...Gonna go buy it now actually!

Its still not on the play store :(

Thats weird, its not showing up when i search for "Vice City"

Judging by the reviews on that link, i think ill leave it a few hours to download.

Melion wrote: »
    Thats weird, its not showing up when i search for "Vice City"

Judging by the reviews on that link, i think ill leave it a few hours to download.
    Are you sure it's compatible with your device?

Are you sure it's compatible with your device?

I have a Galaxy s3 so it had better be compatible.

I have a Galaxy s3 so it had better be compatible.
    Yeah, it says it's compatible in the market.

I just checked on my S3 and its not coming up. Maybe try sign into play.google.com and buy it using link above?

On ipad it was 1.3 GB, so probably best to use a wifi connection.

• Advertisement

Did you see the reviews? Not worth downloading just yet

Did you see the reviews? Not worth downloading just yet
    Just looked at them. Typical play store problems. Thats one of the reason why I download most games on ipad and not S3.

Just downloaded it, it looks and plays beautifully on the iPhone 5.

I'm amazed that I have the full Vice City game on my phone, I'm off after the 100%, woohoo!

It was taken down, whats going on :( I want to play it today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

According to a mail from Rockstar Propaganda, the Android release has been delayed until the end of next week due to unforseen technical issues.It should be available on iOS now.

Does this mean you can pick up on ipad where you left off on iphone?

Makes sense if it does.
    If santa is good to me this crimbo i will be downloading this straight away.

Lads what the hell happened here? Fair disappointed with the release. Who the hell was testing it prior to release??

pedatron wrote: »
    Lads what the hell happened here? Fair disappointed with the release. Who the hell was testing it prior to release??

Whats it like?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats it like?

Sorry punk I don't have it! Was just wondering how the game released so broken was all! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭recyclops

Out now on Android store, 4.75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's running slower on my Galaxy Nexus than GTA 3 did even with all the gfx settings set to low. Hopefully they will patch some performance tweaks asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

just got propper sit down with it..

Amazing the way younger generations complain about bad grapphics and this time ten years ago most of us thought this was cutting edge..

Im not overly excited bye mobile gaming even tho im playing it on an ipad, but it seems ok moving around takes some getting used to an aiming is a little tough but tbf pretty amazing... :) none the less.

Snowie wrote: »
    just got propper sit down with it..

Amazing the way younger generations complain about bad grapphics and this time ten years ago most of us thought this was cutting edge..

Im not overly excited bye mobile gaming even tho im playing it on an ipad, but it seems ok moving around takes some getting used to an aiming is a little tough but tbf pretty amazing... :) none the less.
    Absolutly! I let my 10y/o nephew play it on my ipad, and the first words out of his mouth were "the graphics are crap". It was then that I realized why I thought an older generation than me thought I was stupid when I thought the likes of Atari games systems etc were crap. :(

My nephew couldn't understand why I liked playing it, brought back memories. I was surprised at how much of the map I knew as soon as I started playing it, I can get to most places without looking at map! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

How are people finding this so far?

I have it on iPad and I'm kind of wishing I got it for my PC instead.

The controls aren't great, I find driving poor at best and I kinda dread gunfights.

But it's still great to play it again, the music, the characters, the locations, the missions, the scripts, easily the best game I've played on my iPad, even with the dodgy controls.

As regards graphics, its years since I've played VC, first thought was "Was tommy that skinny on my PC?"

I'd always considered it a huge leap from GTA3 and I still think it is, but I think I'm more aware now of how much it built on GTA3, the leap graphics wise and performance wise doesn't seem as great now as it did then. Much prefer the music and story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I just wish it had cheats! I don't think I ever played a "straight" game on the PS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Kind of half on-topic, but there is a sale on the App Store (and maybe on the Android Store as well) on three R* releases; GTA III, GTA: Chinatown Wars, and the first Max Payne for 89c each, sadly Vice City is still around €5 and something cent, but its a recent release so that's understandable.

Got Max Payne for the iPad the other evening and I've been enjoying playing through it and, it's been so long since I last played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

steve_r wrote: »
    I have it on iPad and I'm kind of wishing I got it for my PC instead.

I played it on the PC last year and ended up deleting it. No where near as good as on a PS2. I had played GTAIII on it before and thought it was ok, but VC and SA were awful to play on PC so I havent even bothered with anything after that.

I havent played it on iPad yet and I dont think I will. It doesnt seem like the best way to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Reading the OP and just noticed Vice City was released in 2002, Jesus wept I am getting old :( Over 10 years ago, that is unbelievable.

Got an iPad mini a few days ago and bought this at last.

My only reference thus far is was I always this bad at driving on the ps2?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Does it play full screen on the iPhone 5.

I reinstalled GTA3 on iPhone 5 and was very disappointed to
    See the stupid black borders meaning its not full screen.

• Advertisement

Does it play full screen on the iPhone 5.

I reinstalled GTA3 on iPhone 5 and was very disappointed to
    See the stupid black borders meaning its not full screen.

Yes, Vice City plays full screen on the iPhone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got Vice City on my Note 2. I love it, can play perfect maxed out. I find the controls pretty good which is surprising considering most games with these kind of controls are pretty bad.

Got it for my iPhone, it takes a while to get used to the controls but it is very fun. Reckon it might be damn near impossible later on though.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Got it for my iPhone, it takes a while to get used to the controls but it is very fun. Reckon it might be damn near impossible later on though.
    I have it on ipad. The last mission is quite tough. I found most of the other missions fine though.

I have it on ipad. The last mission is quite tough. I found most of the other missions fine though.
    What about the film studio? The dodo and the jumps on the bike in particular.

What about the film studio? The dodo and the jumps on the bike in particular.
    The dodo was fine, got it in one try.

But the bike jumping is a bit harder. Took a few attempts. Kept missing the last jump as I didnt give myself enough of a run up (I think it's the same mission your talking about, been a while since I played it, only bike mission I remember is on the first island, near police station in middle of island?).

Although, I have it on my phone too, and find it quite difficult to play after playing it on ipad, the large screen really does help, a lot!

The dodo was fine, got it in one try.

But the bike jumping is a bit harder. Took a few attempts. Kept missing the last jump as I didnt give myself enough of a run up (I think it's the same mission your talking about, been a while since I played it, only bike mission I remember is on the first island, near police station in middle of island?).

Although, I have it on my phone too, and find it quite difficult to play after playing it on ipad, the large screen really does help, a lot!
    The bike one I'm talking about is going along rooftops on the last island and repositioning a light or something. It's for the film studio too. Remember getting sick of it and using a helicopter before :pac:

The bike one I'm talking about is going along rooftops on the last island and repositioning a light or something. It's for the film studio too. Remember getting sick of it and using a helicopter before :pac:
    Ahh, yeah I remember that now. Yeah, that took one or two tries. My bike blew up a few times while on the mission so I had to run a round to find another one :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Nearly finished Vice City Stories and have found it very enjoyable.

Advertisement