Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality clip from projector.

• 26-10-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Last roll of the dice. My sister is organising a fund raiser for the hospital she works tomorrow night in a Santry hotel. She intended to show some video clips she recorded and edited on her iphone all which play well on laptop.
    She only tried them on the hotel projector today from laptop via VGA cable and the quality was so poor it was hard to make much out. This i assume because the definition of the clip needs to be much better in order to output on a projector.
    Is there any suggestions on how this could be improved on or it it a no go?. File format is .MOV and a 25 second clip is approximately 2.4MB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Poor quality will be much more noticeable on a big projector screen. I'm not sure what resolution the iPhone records at, I thought it was 720? It may also be that the projector is running through the VGA cable which isn't HD and at a lower resolution than your monitor. Maybe make sure the Projector isn't set at a very low resolution?

Although the quality wouldn't be so bad it's unviewable. I watch low quality on a HD projector all the time and it is very viewable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yeah i think iphones record at 720 but surely not lower than 480 which should be more than enough. I thing its a VGA only hook up and not a HD projector aand thats the reason like you say. HD projector is the key it seems.

Advertisement