Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice on buying a laptop

• 26-10-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all my dad wants to buy his first laptop...!

He has done a basic computer course and wants to keep practicing while itsfresh in his head.

He plays music so will use it for downloading music and lyrics from the netmainly and other searches on the internet (holidays etc).

I wouldn’t think he will be using it for gaming or business.

Any advice is appreciated, although I use a computer everyday I really don’tknow much about them!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Budget? Do you mind buying online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deemol1

I would like if it was under €500 but the cheaper the better but I dont want something thats memory will fill up after a month etc.

I wouldnt mind buying online as long as there is a good aftersales. I guess I would prefer to buy in a shop as it just seems easier to compare when you have the product infront of you and you are speaking directly to a person, maybe im still living in the dark ages!!!

15.6" Fujistu with a Core i3, 6GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk (7 Hours Battery Life), €411 at LD

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deemol1

Looks very good but I've heard a few bad reports on Laptops Direct, have you bought from them before?

deemol1 wrote: »
    Looks very good

It's a pretty good deal all round. You may also find some Core i5 < €500 but a Core i3 has plenty power for the basics.
    deemol1 wrote: »
    I've heard a few bad reports on Laptops Direct, have you bought from them before?

I haven't, but according the general consensus around here they seem to be OK.

Can only elaborate on personal experience with Dabs and Komplett and both are OK too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

stay away from LD they have no customer service and was stung by them bought a laptop and it broke within 14days they said this was over the time so had to deal with manufacturer over 2 years and a court judgement and still waiting to get my money back cause they wouldnt take it or fix it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Advertisement