Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile -- Data speeds ?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Do Lycamobile offer 2.5g or 3g Data ? It mentions Edge on the website which wud mean just 0.3mb data at best.

Whose network do Lycamobile use for data ? I heard it was Three, but Three have 3g hsdpa data ? confused.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

data speed slow as fcuk, I did a speedtest and I got 0.03 download speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

bmm wrote: »
    Do Lycamobile offer 2.5g or 3g Data ? It mentions Edge on the website which wud mean just 0.3mb data at best.

Whose network do Lycamobile use for data ? I heard it was Three, but Three have 3g hsdpa data ? confused.png

They use the o2 radio network but provide their own data infrastructure. You get a UK ip address and I found it shocking slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

I don't know where you guys are based but in between clonsilla and city centre they are very decent speed, a few times have gotten about 2mbps which was quite surprising as I know tesco were capped by O2 from launch
    My grip with lyca is they don't seem to have a proper price structure yet and everything seems to be on offer, and hence the reluctance to port my number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

the download is definitely capped. I was out today and I got 0.35mps but upload was at 1.18mps.

Advertisement