Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that make us special and unique?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Sometimes we can be so mean to ourselves and quick to put ourselves down :( But why do that? Take pride in the fact that there has and never will be another you! :)
    So what makes you unique and special?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

How about you get the ball rolling for us yelomelohel? :D

I think we should all try to be nicer to ourselves. I guess people just have trouble saying that stuff out loud though for fear of what others will think of them. A general *oh, well sure doesn't she love herself* kinda vibe you get from a lot of people if you're not constantly putting yourself down :P I could be wrong, but I think this is generally worse in Ireland than other places? Time for change methinks :)

F182C205-0F27-48B5-9C25-649A39C7A08F.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

It's so easy to recognise the good in others, but most difficult to consider your own...
    I sure do relate to the image posted - thank you Woodchuck :)
    Great thread Meloholel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

:( sorry for misspelling your name yelomelohel :o...I'm online late when exhaustion overcomes me thought processes.

I thought Hope had posted some nice comments about herself here?! They were all very true :) Her bravery has inspired me to give this a go too....

I suppose one of the things I like to think makes me special is that I always try to see the good in people. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that they don't set out to intentionally hurt others. I have a lot of empathy for others and do my best to relate to what they're going through and try to help if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If you look really really closely into my left eye, among the green pigment there's the shape of a brownish/red heart :)

Or maybe my right...

Another thing is I can't tell left from right :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

My hairy arse.

^:rolleyes:

There's something that I do and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. But if there is someone I don't like, I still try to help them as best I can if they need it. I'm not sure if that just makes me two faced though...

woodchuck wrote: »
    ^:rolleyes:

There's something that I do and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. But if there is someone I don't like, I still try to help them as best I can if they need it. I'm not sure if that just makes me two faced though...

I think it makes you kind and polite. There are plenty of people I don't like for various reasons, but what good can come out of treating them mean?

I really find it hard to grasp the concept of mean people! I guess they must get some twisted sense of self satisfaction by being blatantly cruel to people, when it serves no good purpose a lot of the time. Be proud of who you are cause you are a lovely person for treating all well despite personal feelings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

I think it makes you kind and polite. There are plenty of people I don't like for various reasons, but what good can come out of treating them mean?

I really find it hard to grasp the concept of mean people! I guess they must get some twisted sense of self satisfaction by being blatantly cruel to people, when it serves no good purpose a lot of the time. Be proud of who you are cause you are a lovely person for treating all well despite personal feelings :)
    +1. You can tell a lot about someone when you see how they treat the people they don't need anything from. A little good will can go a long way.

The way I see it, its easy for a person to be nice to those they like. It takes a strong person to be nice to those they don't like, and rise above any urge for cruelty.

There are people I don't like because of bad things they have done to me. I try to forget it and move on, may not be friends with the person but will not be cruel to them either. What's that going to solve?

And there are people I don't like simply because their personalities do not suit mine. Just because they aren't my type of person doesn't mean they don't deserve my respect and kindness though! As I would like of any person who my personality does not suit! I see this type of mean behavior on Boards a lot! People making snide little digs because they dislike someone's posting style. I can't wrap my head around why they feel the need :P Its so easy here to ignore it, its not like they are in your face!

I just wish everyone could be nice. I couldn't be happy with myself knowing I'd caused anyone a tiny bit of upset :)

• Advertisement

And what about the moaning about him behind his back? :o (I'd like to think I'm a nice person... but I have a bit of a bitchy side too!) It's no secret that there's some bad blood between us though... personality clash and had a falling out a while back. Still 'civil' to each other though and if someone asks for help/advice I can't turn it down...

But generally, yes, ideally I'd like us all to just get along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

woodchuck wrote: »
    And what about the moaning about him behind his back? :o (I'd like to think I'm a nice person... but I have a bit of a bitchy side too!) It's no secret that there's some bad blood between us though... personality clash and had a falling out a while back. Still 'civil' to each other though and if someone asks for help/advice I can't turn it down...

But generally, yes, ideally I'd like us all to just get along :)

I think that's the way to be really. Actively holding on to a grudge hurts you more than the other person. It's like carrying emotional dead weight that uses up precious energy that could be used for stuff that makes you happy.

So don't be hard on yourself. We all need to vent and let of steam sometimes. Think positive. Wish others well. You're moving on with your life, and on to bigger and better things :)

Advertisement