Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Pub Jobs..

Options
  • 26-10-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All, looking to move to Europe for a year to bar tend in an Irish pub, I'm looking at Ma Nolans in Nice France or Charlie P's in Vienna Austria. If anyone has advice on working for either of these companies it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HunniBear

I'd avoid Charlie P's.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Hi. I do know there is just one Irish pub in beautiful Monaco, Mc Carthys, just down the road from Nice and you may like to contact them.

2 Rue du Portier
    MC 98000
    Monte Carlo, Monaco

You can also see details of the pub on Google.

From a location perspective, Monaco and the whole Cote d'Azur is stunning. Monaco is mostly English speaking and the quality of life is second to none. It is probably the safest place I have ever lived in my life and still is. Think about the tax positives here!

I know an Irish girl who went there and until she found the job she wanted, earned a fortune walking the dogs of the super rich!!

There are also lots of work helping out on yachts whose owners are based in Monaco, but who cruise the Med all summer. If you look at the Angloinfo website there is a job section on there.

Austria is also a stunning location (but without long months of sunshine) and German would be useful for integrating with the locals and enhancing the experience.

Whichever location you decide on, could you let us know how it all worked out?

Advertisement