Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my house. Auctioneers fee's ??

Options
  • 26-10-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Ive droped my house price 3 times in the last 18 months and im wondering will i get charged more of my auctioneers for advertising.

The reason i ask this is that when i go into daft.ie and go on the map where my property is there are 4 links to hit all of my house with the 4 different prices so im thinking has my auctioneer had to re-advertise everytime ive droped the price.

Im hoping this isnt the case because ill have to pay for the 4 times its advetised at 250euro on top of the 2% he's already getting.

Can anyone here clear this up for me please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

hiho1967 wrote: »
    Ive droped my house price 3 times in the last 18 months and im wondering will i get charged more of my auctioneers for advertising.

The reason i ask this is that when i go into daft.ie and go on the map where my property is there are 4 links to hit all of my house with the 4 different prices so im thinking has my auctioneer had to re-advertise everytime ive droped the price.

Im hoping this isnt the case because ill have to pay for the 4 times its advetised at 250euro on top of the 2% he's already getting.

Can anyone here clear this up for me please.

Did you sign an agreement with the auctioneer? What did it say? I'm confused as to why there is an auctioneer at all, or do you mean estate agent? Or maybe the scope of auctioneers have changed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

2% is a high commission-I paid 1% when I sold in late 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hiho1967

dearg lady wrote: »
    Did you sign an agreement with the auctioneer? What did it say? I'm confused as to why there is an auctioneer at all, or do you mean estate agent? Or maybe the scope of auctioneers have changed! :)

No agreement was signed. I never knew i had to sign one. Yes i mean estate agent,lol, they get called auctioneers where i am, just a habit i guess.

Lyn256 wrote: »
    2% is a high commission-I paid 1% when I sold in late 2010

When the estate agent came out to the house 18 months ago he mentioned it was 2%. I was told by a few friends who have sold theyre house that they also paid this amount. Where in the country are you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

hiho1967 wrote: »
    No agreement was signed. I never knew i had to sign one. Yes i mean estate agent,lol, they get called auctioneers where i am, just a habit i guess.

so you verbally agreed to the conditions then? I would just assume then that you wouldn't be recharged for each listing, and if they tried to charge you for it, surely they haven't a leg to stand on with no written agreement. I'm only guessing though, this could be common practice in house sales, i've never sold a house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Lucan, Co. Dublin

Got 3 agents in and all were charging 1-1.25%.Eventually picked one to go with and he sold the house in 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 weddingcar.ie

Dublin fees have always been cheaper than small towns . I guess they may sell more houses in Dublin down here we pay 2 to 2 1/2 % in Wexford plus VAT. When your house is on the likes of Daft some other sites just copy and paste no harm in it but it shouldn't cost you anymore.

i dont mind the 2% to be honest just as long as he gets a sale for me thou 1% would be even better,lol. Ill just sit tight and wait untill he can pull a sale for me then discuss fees. Ill tell him that im only paing the advertising fee and try and get him down to 1% and if he says no, then ill have something to bargain with and negotiate with him and prob meet him half way at 1.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just paid 1% + VAT on a recent sale.

All the agents I chatted to when deciding who to go with were the same. 2% seems very high.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just paid 1% + VAT on a recent sale.

All the agents I chatted to when deciding who to go with were the same. 2% seems very high.

How much is the V.A.T

• Advertisement

Is the vat for the asking price you get or just for the 1%. Sorry if this seems a silly question but ive never sold a house before and dont know if we pay vat on the house sale.

I will look like a numpty here, but I'm not 100%!! (even though I have recently done all the dealings).

Its 21% isn't it?? (pls someone else confirm).

So if you sell for €100,000, then the fee would be €1,000 + 21% = €1,210

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

NIMAN wrote: »
    I will look like a numpty here, but I'm not 100%!! (even though I have recently done all the dealings).

Its 21% isn't it?? (pls someone else confirm).

So if you sell for €100,000, then the fee would be €1,000 + 21% = €1,210

I'd be more thinkingthat vat would be 13.5% labour rate, as 23% is for a product/luxury

Sorry my estate agent was in NI (property was in a border area) so I must have paid NI Vat.

No idea what it would be in the RoI.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lenny wrote: »
    I'd be more thinkingthat vat would be 13.5% labour rate, as 23% is for a product/luxury

Higher rate of vat applies to professional fees.

2% is pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

i know this is an old thread,but anyone know the current auctioneer fees for selling a house in dublin.Looked at sherry fitz site ,but no fee price there.

Advertisement