Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'GTA: Vice City' Coming To iOS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Great stuff.

I got GTA III when it was reduced on the App Store, well worth the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Brilliant news! Probably the best GTA of the series imo.

I have GTA III on the Pad but was a tad disappointed with the controls, my fingers aren't nifty enough to get used to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Brilliant news! Probably the best GTA of the series imo.

I have GTA III on the Pad but was a tad disappointed with the controls, my fingers aren't nifty enough to get used to them!

I personally found GTA on the iPad a delight. Just no problems using it. Completed the whole game almost 100% and loved it. Really can't wait for Vice City. Think it's the best storyline out of the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Now if only Nintendo would follow and give us a few of their hits on iOS! :D

Obviously they've made enough from the GTA: III port to iOS and Android to do the same with Vice City. They release a few others things such as action figures and posters etc. to go along with the ports.

They've also said there'll be some exclusive stuff added to the iOS and Android version so I'm curious to what that could be too. Maybe taking advantage of some of the iOS features for the game? Game Center integration or iCloud support for saved games. I know they didn't do it with GTA 3 but I'd love the iCloud sync to be added. Being able to continue the current game progress on both my iPhone and iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

DubDJ wrote: »
    Obviously they've made enough from the GTA: III port to iOS and Android to do the same with Vice City. They release a few others things such as action figures and posters etc. to go along with the ports.

They've also said there'll be some exclusive stuff added to the iOS and Android version so I'm curious to what that could be too. Maybe taking advantage of some of the iOS features for the game? Game Center integration or iCloud support for saved games. I know they didn't do it with GTA 3 but I'd love the iCloud sync to be added. Being able to continue the current game progress on both my iPhone and iPad.

True. I'd love that with most games. It actually works with street fighter x tekken. Completed trials and a continue mode works across iPhone and iPad.

ROCKSTAR announced today that the game would be released on December 6th for iOS and Android.

Today we're pleased to announce that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition will launch for iOS via the App Store and Android through Google Play on December 6th, with both versions priced at $4.99.

This 10th Anniversary Edition brings the full experience of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to mobile devices, with native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms including updated character models and lighting effects, new and more precise firing and targeting options, a fully customizable control layout and native support for Retina display devices.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for more updates in the weeks ahead, including a new trailer as well as details on limited Vice City anniversary-themed collectibles coming soon to the Rockstar Warehouse. Check out a list of compatible devices below.

Apple iOS Devices: iPad, iPhone 4, 4S & 5, iPod touch 4th & 5th Generation

The app is now available by clicking here. Currently syncing to my iPhone 5 and iPad (3rd Gen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

been playing it on the ipad 3 and i have to say its excellent the exact same as the ps2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Is it worth downloading to play on an iPhone 4S?

• Advertisement

10 years? That makes me feel old! :( I remember playing it all the way through on the PC, 100% finish.

Been playing this a good bit today and all I can say is they've done a brilliant job. The app is running smoothly on my iPad (3rd Gen). They've done a really great job porting the whole thing over. And I was delighted to see they added iCloud support. When saving your progress there are two Cloud slots down the bottom which you can save the game to and then load up on another device. It was one feature I felt GTA III was lacking. Would love them to update it with iPhone 5 support and iCloud support but I don't see that happening. Still well chuffed to have two of my favourite games on iOS. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Remember picking up GTA3 on Christmas Day last year for 79c so going to hold off on this in the hopes I might get it for the same price!

Advertisement