Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Browsers won't work.

Options
  • 26-10-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

My Mozilla and Google Chrome browsers won't work and I can't figure out why :( it happened last night so I updated windows,restarted my laptop and then it worked. Tried to get onto the Internet this morning and the same thing is happening... it just keeps going to a blank page? I have Norton Internet security so I don't think I have any viruses. Anybody able to help me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you connected to the net? Can you ping anything?

Can you still type in an address and the browser goes to a page?
    If so go to www.malwarebytes.org and download it and scan the computer, Norton doesn't find everything so using other programs to scan can be good.

Inside each browser go to Help and About and check/download latest updates for the browser (if you can access internet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

biko wrote: »
    Can you still type in an address and the browser goes to a page?

If so go to www.malwarebytes.org and download it and scan the computer, Norton doesn't find everything so using other programs to scan can be good.

I can only type an address in with google chrome and then it goes straight to the blank page and Mozilla I can't type anything in. I'll try google chrome and see if I can get it, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

Have gotten google chrome working by disabling extensions, I'm going to download that antimalware now. Thanks for your replies.

Advertisement