Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors [Discussion, Spilers]

Options
  • 26-10-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Anyone in to Doctors?

Have to say that it's gripping at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

I follow it on rte fairly regularly. It's the type of programme you can watch without having to see every episode.

I have to say though that , while not a bad soap, I find it a bit unrealistic at times. The way the doctors get very involved in some of their patients issues .. Calling out to them at the drop of a hat, drinking tea with them etc...etc...

Maybe it's like that in the UK , but it's not like that here. Trying to get a home visit here is like trying to pull teeth from a hen, at least in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i watch it on bbc 1 at lunchtime. its a few months ahead of rte. there was a thread on it before, but noone really posted.... dont know if you watch rte ones or bbc? so afraid to jump ahead on you and spoil it. let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

I follow it on rte fairly regularly. It's the type of programme you can watch without having to see every episode.

I have to say though that , while not a bad soap, I find it a bit unrealistic at times. The way the doctors get very involved in some of their patients issues .. Calling out to them at the drop of a hat, drinking tea with them etc...etc...

Maybe it's like that in the UK , but it's not like that here. Trying to get a home visit here is like trying to pull teeth from a hen, at least in my experience.

I agree with you there. For some reason the Doctors always seem to have the time to just visit the patients at the drop of a hat. I haven't watched it that much as late, but would be interested to know what is going on with Elaine. I know she is anti drug and heavily into new age herbs and mediation, but the last episode I saw she was after having severe panic attacks. Jimmy sedated her at one point and the last episode it ended when she popped a box of pills into her bag. Is she getting addicted to valium or some other sedative?

Yangedd wrote: »
    I agree with you there. For some reason the Doctors always seem to have the time to just visit the patients at the drop of a hat. I haven't watched it that much as late, but would be interested to know what is going on with Elaine. I know she is anti drug and heavily into new age herbs and mediation, but the last episode I saw she was after having severe panic attacks. Jimmy sedated her at one point and the last episode it ended when she popped a box of pills into her bag. Is she getting addicted to valium or some other sedative?

Basically, she was involved for a while with a guy. This guy was a police forensic scientist ... Examine scenes of crime, murders etc. etc....

However, he was also a serial killer :rolleyes: . He murdered one of the receptionists in the clinic after she rejected him. Anyway, to cut a long story short, when he was found out, Elaine kind of freaked out...blaming herself for introducing him to the staff in the clinic etC..I guess that's why she changed.

re elaine, she also realised that following her relationship with Harrison, the police forensic guy that shes attracted to married men or unstable blokes. so she goes off the rails for a while on prescription meds, and gets counselling.....when she first arrived in leatherbridge she was running away from a long term relationship with a married man and wanted to start a new life, so the fact that she did the same thing again pushed her over the edge. not to mention that she could have been a potential victim of Harrisons. incidentally, the bloke who played Harrison, sometimes directs episodes of the show. (and they are ususally the better ones)...

Doctors can be a bit hit and miss really depends what you like. i like the ongoing stories with the staff and their lives. the fact that one of them gets involved in the patient storyline is a bit unrealistic at times cause in my experience doctors/medical professionals barely look up from writing their notes when you visit them never mind jump through hoops to sort out your personal problems! but its nice to see once off storylines with actors that used to be in other programmes popping up every now and then. if the storyline is bad i entertain myself trying to figure out what the actor was in before i give up and google them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Thanks for the scoop guys. Must tune in again tomorrow at 12.15 :)

iceblue wrote: »

its nice to see once off storylines with actors that used to be in other programmes popping up every now and then.

Speaking of which....

This guy appeared in todays Doctors on RTE.

226288.jpg

I know the face but driving me daft trying to recall what he used to be in :rolleyes:

yeah! he was in brookside yrs ago. and also that other soap family affairs that was axed also. and he pops here and there as a baddie in some police dramas occaisionally too. but dont know his name!!

Oh dear! Looks like we have the makings of another abuser like Kirsty/ Suzanne :rolleyes:

Anybody see the Monday episode of doctors on RTE? Completely off the wall :D

• Advertisement

what one was it?
    some of them can be mental. ? i sometimes ff the patient storyline and just catch up with the personal lives of the doctors.

It was really weird. Four people including Zara were at a bus stop waiting for a bus. Something happened in the sky..bright light like a big flash or something. Afterwards the four of them were trying to recount what they saw, but all had a different account. No real explanation as to what happened. One religious lady looked on it as some kind of vision, a nerdy young lad was sure it was a UFO, a man with mental health issues was asked did he take his medication that day. Not sure what Zara thought of it.

End of episode!

yeah vaguely remember it. lol. some of the episodes can be weird as i said. but majority are good.

Monday's was really weird :D

Advertisement