Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please advice a good restaurant in Waterford, but not very expensive

Options
  • 26-10-2012 7:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I want to go to the restaurant at night with my gf in Waterford at weekend, I'm a student so cant afford very expensive restaurants. I'm new to Waterford, so can you advice where to go, and would be great if you write, how much about to spend for 2 persons thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

If you like Indian food, Eastenders on the quay does a very good earlybird.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Jv,s @ the forum on the glen superb food and cheep €20 pp for 2 course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Tlevinxs

shebzie wrote: »

Thanks, looks like this is what I was looking for :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Eastenders is half that price !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Tlevinxs

Eastenders is half that price !

Yea looks cheap, thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I took my other half out for a beautiful meal the other night ... a happy meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Tlevinxs wrote: »
    Yea looks cheap, thanks ;)
    The cheapness of it made me think their was something questionable going on with the food that was included in the early bird, however myself and my wife bit the bullet and have been 3 time in 6 weeks ,

The portions aint massive but when your having a starter its perfect, and the highlight is its cheaper to eat in than get a take away.

After 7pm the same deal is 11.99

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

shebzie wrote: »
    no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Jambo wrote: »
    The cheapness of it made me think their was something questionable going on with the food that was included in the early bird, however myself and my wife bit the bullet and have been 3 time in 6 weeks ,

The portions aint massive but when your having a starter its perfect, and the highlight is its cheaper to eat in than get a take away.

After 7pm the same deal is 11.99

Favorite Indian in Waterford. Lovely food.

I had the nicest beef I ever had last Sunday week in JV's both good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

McLearys in High Street do a great and very affordable early bird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

L'atmosphere in Henrietta street have an excellent early bird with a glass of wine for €20 hockey great atmosphere as well.,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beanieb

Hi this is prob too late but i can recommend Harlequinn in Patrick street, fabulous little Italian and very reasonable.. You would be looking at €10/€12 for mains and starters €6.. Good idea to book ahead as we have found out when we tried walking in off the street hoping to bag a table.. Ive been there with my husband numerous times and have never been disappointed, one tip is to ask for a table at the window as its quite small and can get very warm.. Have fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Nobody mentioned Caseys Steakhouse in Patricks Street? :confused:

Its a fantastic place to go for either lunch or dinner and the prices are very reasonable, they also have a value menu with 2 courses for just 25euro or an extra 5euro if you want the third course. Their steaks are delicious, the chips are presented in a little bucket (neat touch) and the have a wide vegetarian option. I wouldnt go past them and have been 5 times already, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Nobody mentioned Caseys Steakhouse in Patricks Street? :confused:

Its a fantastic place to go for either lunch or dinner and the prices are very reasonable, they also have a value menu with 2 courses for just 25euro or an extra 5euro if you want the third course. Their steaks are delicious, the chips are presented in a little bucket (neat touch) and the have a wide vegetarian option. I wouldnt go past them and have been 5 times already, highly recommended.

So does that mean for 3 courses its 30 each? so if your going for 2 its 60 euro plus what ever drinks to boot and a tip your talking about 70 euro?

Some people just dont have that kinda money to spend unfortunatley!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

So does that mean for 3 courses its 30 each? so if your going for 2 its 60 euro plus what ever drinks to boot and a tip your talking about 70 euro?

Some people just dont have that kinda money to spend unfortunatley!

This info is wrong have been there twice in the last few weeks . Its 20 euro for 2 courses or 25 euro for 3 courses . Got 2 lovely meals there the sirloin steak was lovely would really recommend.

Advertisement