Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More than one way to skin a cat.

• 26-10-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Heh gang,

Just thought I'd offer my solution to the appalling hardship that is being inflicted on the Irish citizenry.

As far as I can see, it seems to be a political problem. Germany, Finland and Holland don't want to take the hit for the rest of the Eurozone. But, this is just optics. But, optics count in the political spectrum.

I think that what we should do is change the goalposts. I am tired of hearing that gutless little Captain Boycott (Enda Kenny), talk about "our banks" and use the word "default".

They are not our banks. They are private companies that work in a global financial market. We have no more responsibility to cover their debts (regardless of what Peter Sutherland might say), than the German people have to cover the losses of DeutscheBank, or the Canadian citizenry have to cover the losses of Bank of Canada.

There is a big difference between defaulting on a debt and repudiating any responsibility to that debt.

So, after all that waffle, what is my solution?

I think that FLAC (as the attorney general is to close to the governmnt),should take a case against our own government,against the "bailout", on behalf of the Irish people.

Collective punishment is against all European and International law.

The beauty of this is that it would let Merkel off the hook with her own voters, while spreading toxic bank debt across the Eurozone on a per capita basis.

Turn it from a political issue into a judicial one.

I mean FFS what have we got to lose?

Choco.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Mmmm....waffles...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

My cats breath smells like cat food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Was hoping this tread would explain what other ways there are to skin a feline then peeling them like a banana!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

B, b, b, bu, bu, but.....

But what about the deficit? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Germany, Finland and Holland don't want to take the hit for the rest of the Eurozone.

Thats damned selfish of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I like cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i actually thought this thread was gonna be what it said on the tin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i actually thought this thread was gonna be what it said on the tin...
    8 out of 10 cats did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I fully agree. Is Flac that lad off the x factor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Personally, I prefer cats with their skin and fur intact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I know 2 ways to skin a cat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ah here, leave me out of it :pac: Seriously though the so called leaders of this country need to tighten their own belts for a start. Their salaries are sickening. Their little meet and greets with foreign dignitaries should be kept to a minimum so if Merkel wants to see Enda she knows where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Pottler wrote: »
    I fully agree. Is Flac that lad off the x factor?

Yes.... Yes he is.

*cries*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Heh gang,

Just thought I'd offer my solution to the appalling hardship that is being inflicted on the Irish citizenry.

As far as I can see, it seems to be a political problem. Germany, Finland and Holland don't want to take the hit for the rest of the Eurozone. But, this is just optics. But, optics count in the political spectrum.

I think that what we should do is change the goalposts. I am tired of hearing that gutless little Captain Boycott (Enda Kenny), talk about "our banks" and use the word "default".

They are not our banks. They are private companies that work in a global financial market. We have no more responsibility to cover their debts (regardless of what Peter Sutherland might say), than the German people have to cover the losses of DeutscheBank, or the Canadian citizenry have to cover the losses of Bank of Canada.

There is a big difference between defaulting on a debt and repudiating any responsibility to that debt.

I think that FLAC (as the attorney general is to close to the governmnt),should take a case against our own government,against the "bailout", on behalf of the Irish people.

The beauty of this is that it would let Merkel off the hook with her own voters, while spreading toxic bank debt across the Eurozone on a per capita basis.

Choco.

"Adjusts monocle"
    Anyone who gets Merkel and Beauty into the same sentence needs to be detained and observed for at least 59 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

couldnt we just Storm the Bastille?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Ah here, leave me out of it :pac: Seriously though the so called leaders of this country need to tighten their own belts for a start. Their salaries are sickening. Their little meet and greets with foreign dignitaries should be kept to a minimum so if Merkel wants to see Enda she knows where he is.

Soup and a sandwich in Foley's.

*pronounced "sangich". Now that'll scare her; if the ballads don't.:pac: *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Why skin'm Halloween is just around the corner shove a banger up his arse:D:D

BBDBB wrote: »

We could, but, we tried it before, and since then those Fruit Gums have been lording it over us ever since. We were ill-prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

We could, but, we tried it before, and since then those Fruit Gums have been lording it over us ever since. We were ill-prepared.

*makes note

"Remember a packed lunch" :)

BBDBB wrote: »
    I get seasick on ferries, I just thought I'd mention that, in case theres press-ganging or anything. Anyway, It doesn't matter, I'm gonna die on the Funeral thread anyway, but I wish ye well with the revolt. Go Flac!

• Advertisement

Soup and a sandwich in Foley's.

*pronounced "sangich". Now that'll scare her; if the ballads don't.:pac: *
    Enda will no doubt serve said soup and sangich on a silver platter and obligatory Mayo on the sangich ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Eriopis

Enda will no doubt serve said soup and sangich on a silver platter and obligatory Mayo on the sangich ;)

the whole county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Old Perry wrote: »
    My cats breath smells like cat food

I just fed the cat... And I'm waiting on a pizza in my oven now..

Eriopis wrote: »

the whole county?
    Of course :D They're not touching Kilkenny though. Henry will annihilate them with one slap of his hurl.

Thrill wrote: »
    Thats damned selfish of them.

God, I hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise I might get banned.

You should do it for the Thrill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If you split a cat down the middle of its skull you can peel the skin off the carcass pretty easily, it comes off like a glove. The only other way i can think of is to make a slit along its under belly or along the top of it and peel it down/upwards. So in effect thats three ways to skin a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Creppy, sneaky, rotten animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Yep.

But the more I think about it......

• Advertisement

Of course :D They're not touching Kilkenny though. Henry will annihilate them with one slap of his hurl.

Jaysus Kitty, could you imagine the force that could be assembled if Tipp and Kilkenny ever decided to mend bridges? :eek: :pac:

To paraphrase Bill Shankly," They'll have to go to Mars to find a team". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

As opposed to WAV, mp3 or Ogg Vorbis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Heh gang,

Choco.

Nothing in this post matters - everyone is just going to talk about cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

You leave Deutsche Bank out of this. They gave me a free phone.

No seriously they did. If you're a member and you sign a friend up, you get a phone. It's not as fancy as a house but it's one less thing to buy.

CJC999 wrote: »
    If you split a cat down the middle of its skull you can peel the skin off the carcass pretty easily, it comes off like a glove. The only other way i can think of is to make a slit along its under belly or along the top of it and peel it down/upwards. So in effect thats three ways to skin a cat.

And we haven't even started on roadkil.

Om Nom Nyom. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Heh gang,

O dear, I'll try and take up a collection for you

• Advertisement

Nothing in this post matters - everyone is just going to talk about cats.
    Which is cat, altogether. Even if we didn't, would the world change??? "Ohh, they said somthing there on Boards, Enda, we'll have to pay heed - summons the cabinet."

Advertisement