Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nervous about 1st competition

• 26-10-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have my first competition Monday youths single and having nerves already have you.guys got any tips for me on te day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I have my first competition Monday youths single and having nerves already have you.guys got any tips for me on te day?
    Nerves is a good thing it makes you focus and concentrate that bit better so take the nervous feeling as a positive not a negative, get plenty of practice in beforehand and if your confident in your game you will do well.

Go and enjoy it kiddo its all experience for you in anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Play your own game and ignore the other guy's score. Think of your best form and aim for that, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Daniel Varian

Thanks.guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Nothing wrong with being nervous - the lads above have given you good advice.
    These are good nerves - it means you're looking forward to it, you want to test yourself. Be positive and go for your shots and don't rush. If I'm a bit nervous in any game or under pressure I'll take a wee step back and compose myself other than just flinging the dart to get the shot out of the way. I think of other games or practice when I've been scoring well and nailing doubles to gee myself up a bit.
    Don't forget your opponent will be nervous too. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Daniel Varian

Absolutely loved playing in my first competition played absolute crap.lost.2-0 as I could not finish but loved the experience and I'm hooked !

• Advertisement
Advertisement