Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCD Cert in Genealogy - entry to Module 2

• 26-10-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not it's possible to gain entry to Module 2 of the UCD Cert in Genealogy without having first completed Module 1 (or an equivalent module somewhere else)? Is there an option to submit an assignment or some other way to earn credits for Module 1?

I've only recently started thinking seriously about doing a course, and would prefer not to have to wait 'til next September. I have covered most of the material in Module 1 in the course of my own family history research, so I'm not a complete beginner..

I would be interested to hear if anyone out there his managed to go straight into Module 2...

Thanks in advance,
    Junipers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Junipers wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not it's possible to gain entry to Module 2 of the UCD Cert in Genealogy without having first completed Module 1 (or an equivalent module somewhere else)? Is there an option to submit an assignment or some other way to earn credits for Module 1?

I've only recently started thinking seriously about doing a course, and would prefer not to have to wait 'til next September. I have covered most of the material in Module 1 in the course of my own family history research, so I'm not a complete beginner..

I would be interested to hear if anyone out there his managed to go straight into Module 2...

Thanks in advance,
    Junipers

Please don't take this as a glib answer; you may as well get the answer straight from the horse's mouth - e-mail Sean Murphy, the course tutor at UCD.

sjbmurphy@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Junipers

I've mailed him & am awaiting his reply. I just thought I'd post here to see if anyone might have the answer...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I believe you can (I've completed the full 3 year course) but I think you might have to write an essay to get out of it...Sean will reply, he's quite good with email queries.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement