Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

• 26-10-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Inspired to create this thread since my cat decided to chew the charger of my brand new Macbook pro today :( a new one costs £65!
    He also chewed my headphones and my phone charger!
    He uses our leather sofa as a scratching post and one side of it is completely destroyed:(

But...how can I stay mad at him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Our 8 month old male labrador puppy has a thing for gettin' up on our male spaniel... Maybe it's the long curly hair that makes him look feminen, but I think it's about time for the snip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Well having 3 JRT and a springer I have loads of stories :D the most recent was yesterday. My youngest terrorist has always had a bit of a dodgy tummy and will regularly throw up for no reason. When I got in from work yesterday I was fixing the couch and ended up sticking my hand into a pile of cold vomit :( figured it was Jazz so wasn't too worried about the dog but stripped and washed all the couch covers. As I was on a cleaning roll I decided to strip my bed, there's nothing nicer than climbing into a freshly laundered bed... There's nothing worse than waking up at 1am in the morning to find your small dog under the quilt.... Vomiting.... On your leg!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Gillian1

When my westie was a pup we came home from pub a little worse for wear to discover she had kindly taken the plugs off the tv and DVD player as well as half the cable to go with it (luckily they weren't plugged in at the time) lol or the time she was in my mams and her and my mams dog decided to use the cable of the deep fat fryer that was left hanging off the counter to pull it down on to the floor, cleaning up the vomit and diarrhea was almost as bad as cleaning the oil up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My Cream slapped a hell of a lot of money off the kitchen table, well over a hundred euro all in small change! He loves swiping, the little baxtard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

My red setter stole someone's pizza on the beach one day. She took the box and all with her to the other end of the beach to feast on the half that was left in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Cat poo indoors is the worst thing a cat can do.

It's absolutely revolting. (Yes I'm aware food with less cereals would help this)

Thankfully it's only happened once in memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pup got bored and decided to rip up the carpet, there is a hole still there, little fecker :mad:

He also fecked off one day, went up the road to the neighbours, bold as brass walked into their house and feel asleep behind their TV.
    Their child found a sleeping pup behind their TV and the parents brought him back to us.

When the golden retriever got older he appointed himself as ballboy and heads down to the parish GAA field robbing sliotars and disrupting training.

The retriever adores swimming, they are known for it so he's often taken down to the lake for a good swim.
    A neighbour owns private land and a boathouse and we are allowed use that.
    And then the people who owns the boathouse next to it were having a summer barbeque, himself smells the meat and ran over and stole a burger for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beckles

My dog destroyed our conservatory door a few months ago by scratching it to pieces during a thunder storm. I forgave her, I knew it was out of character for her. She was just scared.

I recommend dogshaming.com for all your pet shaming needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

My guinea pig chewed through my hair straightener cord before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 candy69

our boxer ate our door frame, our kitchen chairs, our pugs 2 beds and yesterday ate our halloween pumpkin came home to a floor of pumpkin seed's and all the chairs and dog beds full of the inside of the pumpkin :( mad dog but we adore her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I taught my pup how to play fetch and return the ball this summer. Came into the kitchen the next sunday and he bounds over all excited and drops the ball at my feet. Bent down to pick it up and realised it was the plug off the microwave.
    Once when I dozed off on the couch he removed my pumps, ate them, pissed all over my legs (half woke up and though he was licking me :() and went to sleep on the other couch like nothing was wrong. Woke up 10 mins later when the wee had soaked through my jeans!
    Got through 4 layers of chicken wire and a hedge to gatecrash the birthday bbq for next doors 4 year old. When I went over all redfaced to get him he thought we were playing a fabulous game and made me chase him for about 15 mins while 10 four year olds watched me from the kitchen window in horror.
    He farts in my face all the time, but never does it to the OH.
    If I don't wash out recyclable containers properly he empties the entire recycling bin all over the kitchen.
    Last night he opened the pantry door, climbed up onto a shelf and ate an entire bag of dog treats, in total silence while I was cooking dinner.
    He's great fun :) and sure how could you be mad at that face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

Headbutts me anytime between 4am and 7am to get in under the duvet for cuddles. She's like a hot water bottle under there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

My dogs favourite walk is past.the.bottle.recycling bank - loves.the.smell of all that beer + wine has to be dragged past it..
    The other.night was.woken up by little.wino dog LICKING the wine off m Dy lips as I slept.
    DuRTY dog durty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

My dogs favourite walk is past.the.bottle.recycling bank - loves.the.smell of all that beer and wine + has to be dragged past it.
    The other.night was.woken up by little.wino dog LICKING the wine off my lips as I slept.
    DuRTY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Brothers former Alsation chewed the saddle off his Honda motorbike leaving pieces of foam all over the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Ate the floor tonight.

****ing fireworks :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Usually something to do with s****** somewhere like my wardrobe- ug i have had to throw out a lot of stuff in the past over this. One cat in particuar i had for 11 years was a devil for it. Still miss the fecker tho, he went missing in the snow 2 yrs ago.
    Had a giant flemish rabbit lodge with us for a while. Casualties included - macbook cable, and several lamps.
    Just remembered the worst thing a pet has ever done on me, we were given a dobie about 18 yrs ago as owner going abroad, and left him home one xmas eve while we went to the shops. Came back to find him knee deep in torn wrapping paper had half eaten boxes of chocolates & biscuits intended as gifts. No way of replacing all our gifts (we were college students) Class dog tho, miss you Duke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

My flatmate helped out in a dog shelter for a bit. We were looking after a morbidly obese Jack Russelly mongrel... thing for a while, until he could lose a bit of weight and start resembling a dog again. He was like a giant seal pup, barely mobile, which was awful but did mean he was very easy to look after. He was like a blimp with feet. He couldn't even climb stairs because his enormous belly meant he'd just teeter back down off the step like a bockety seesaw.

Anyway, we came downstairs one morning to discover that somehow - somehow - he had managed to get up on to the kitchen table and lash into the two butter dishes that had been there, before proceeding to puke most of it all over the kitchen. There is absolutely nothing on earth like a house full of buttery dog puke on a Sunday morning.

He looked absolutely delighted with himself, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

My dog always tips the bin over in the bathroom searching for toilet roll holders! And then my cat will search through it looking for dental floss! Then I am left with so much rubbish all over the floor. This happens several times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

other then the usual digging, my GSD has a habit of running off up the garden with things like gloves, logs, rocks, neck buffs, potatoes, basically anything she can fit in her gob! She destroyed her dog box I got her - solid timber - by running into it at full pelt, whack against the back and sit inside wagging her tail at you! She took off the back of it! Had to removed door off it before that as she chew through it like a beaver!
    Digs like she's heading for Africa or something - to point I put my garden furniture and bins at the gate of the house I was renting for fear she'd try dig out under gate only to find she had crawled in there to the point of getting stuck!
    Love her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Over the last 13 years there have been quite a few. I'd say the best one was climbing up on the dining table after we finished our dinner and making off with a leg of Lamb!

I had a budgie called Sebastian. The naughtiest thing he ever did was when he flew straight into my ex's face. He knew the poor guy was terrified of him, and just went straight for him! Sebastian also liked to eat my books. My mother noticed this and decided to hang a towel over the bookshelf to keep him out. He sat beside her watching her do it, then walked in behind the towel and ate the books.

My budgie Marky thinks it's awesome fun to fly in circles around someone's face.

My horse, Harvey, he really pulled a trick or two. He was so boisterous and could be aggressive so when we were getting his stable ready, we'd lock ourselves inside and him out. He once slid back the bolt, pulled the door open, ran in and bit my mother hard on the thigh with no warning or reason, and ran back out.

My mother's horse Willow once shoved me out the side door of the horsebox for the laugh. I opened the door and stepped in like "Hiya lads!" and he just headbutted me straight out onto the ground.

Our dog Fionn used to go into the field behind the house in order to sneak all the way around, to visit the neighbour's dogs, thinking we wouldn't know he'd crossed the road that way. Our dog Xsara used to love to go a-wandering, so we'd be driving around the countryside looking for her, but when we saw her, and called her, she'd leg it top speed home, pretending like she'd never been anywhere. Come to think of it, my Shetland pony used to to that too! Break out, then run and hide in some tall grass like we couldn't see her. She also faked running in one directions (by galloping on the spot) then tiptoeing around in another direction.

Out of the lot, I'd say Peerie the Shetland and Sebastian the budgie were the cheekiest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

last week the power went in the house, the alarm was wailing and we couldn't for the life of us figure out what was tripping the fuses. Electrician came out, and after hunting every plugged in item in the house discovered that the naughty pup had chewed through the wire of the fridge, leaving the plug in the socket, he's just lucky he didn't fry himself!

He also has a dodgy tummy at the moment, and is good enough to go on the paper......but if I don't catch it and take it away straight away the paper is pulled and shredded and kitchen smeared in really icky poo!

Our kitty is waiting for the day she can get in at the guinea pig, she led the dog a merry dance about two weeks ago and led him upstairs to knock over the piggy cage for her......that was a close call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream just skidded across the scrabble board :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

My Lab chewed a USB stick I had a 25,000 word work report on that wasn't saved elsewhere and that I was due to submit the following morning -the adult equivalent of 'the dog ate my homework' :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was in ex's parent's house, Tegan was suspiciously quiet. We found her in the middle of the kitchen table tucking into the chicken. More recently she's gotten onto the coffee table to eat any crumbs she can find. She loves to climb - I even found her on the kitchen windowsill once, on the outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 byrnesylimk

My 10 month old pugalier has an obession with clothes pegs, could never figure out how he was getting washing off the line and dragging it through the mud out the back garden, i mean none of it was low enough for him to jump up and drag down. After a week or two of this happening finally caught him in the act watching from the upstairs window he was dragging over the chair from the patio set, getting the washing down and moving the chair back to where it was. All stopped when all the patio furniture was put into the shed :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Last week took two steaks out of fridge to cook, left them on plate covered in clingwrap for a while to bring them to room temperature. Made the mistake of thinking both cats were out gallivanting. When I came back into kitchen, I found one cat munching away on a steak with a great big smile on his face. He looked at me, knew he did wrong then just grabbed what remained of the steak and legged it.

Another cat we had years ago was sitting on the sink looking into the bowl which contained cut lemons, water and fish. Quick as you like, he put his paw in and much of his body, swiped a fish and ran. This same cat was sitting peacefully on a chair in the kitchen one day when my nephew came in wearing his Halloween costume. Cat legged it, blinds had been taken down from the kitchen window for cleaning, cat thought it was open and head butted himself rather hard off the glass. We all fell around the place laughing. Poor lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

second day i had my fella he climbed up on an armchair in my bedroom and out the open window to sit on the windowsill - this was upstairs!!

He nearly gave me a heart attack - have never underestimated him since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

My fella jumped up onto the sofa, then onto the coffee table and ate my Chocolate Muffin. It was still wrapped in cling film.

2 days later, I'm out the back with a pair of marigolds pulling cling film from his ar$e.

Or if he pukes in the kitchen at night, he seems always to do it right at the door, so I slip in it while trying to turn on the light.

Advertisement