Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Got up early this morning to put out the bins. My shoes felt a bit wet inside and were sort of smelly. I guess, my two Toms were fighting over the litter tray, and whoever lost, went into my shoes.

Never mind, it was Halloween, they couldn't go out because of those effin bangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

DBK wrote: »
    My fella jumped up onto the sofa, then onto the coffee table and ate my Chocolate Muffin. It was still wrapped in cling film.

2 days later, I'm out the back with a pair of marigolds pulling cling film from his ar$e.

Or if he pukes in the kitchen at night, he seems always to do it right at the door, so I slip in it while trying to turn on the light.

It's always right behind the door. Tuesday night I let the dogs out for a wee, let them back in, went to brush my teeth, walked back into the living room not 2 minutes later and there was a puddle of wee right behind the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Lucyn wrote: »
    Headbutts me anytime between 4am and 7am to get in under the duvet for cuddles. She's like a hot water bottle under there!
    my monkey does this all the time i LOOOOOOVE it just as much as when she snores sooooooo sweet if the husband does it he is fecked from a height lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

When we were kids my friends and i used to swim in a river behind my house, one day my Labrador attempted to rape and and almost drown my neighbour. Of course been kids we thought this was funny but it backfired when he went home crying, told his parents and they demanded that the dog be put down :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

My pug constantly tears her bed apart (its definitely time for a new one). I swept the bedroom floor last night and woke up this morning to what looked like a cloud for a floor. Little brat. Her look was so innocent too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

If herself is working early she will put our maltease on the bed next to me and she will jump off the bed if she needs to wee or anything.

But yesterday she peed on the bed and look ashamed of her self.

We cant get angry with her over it because she is getting old now. So we are going to get two small step type things so that she can get off the bed and couch without jumping down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

My parents are terrible for leaving the butter out after putting it on potatoes and my dog has a mild obsession with it. If there is any, he will scoff it all done, once eating a whole block. And every time he does this, he spends all night throwing it up again. My parents are not allowed to leave it out but it still happens every now and then. I wouldn't mind so much if I had a wood floor like the rest of the house but I have carpet. Its an extremely gross thing to wake up to in the middle of the night

My cat Crown grabbed a sheet of paper out of the printer earlier today while I was trying to print stuff, beat it up, went back, smacked the printer, then started gnawing on wires. I call her Bad Cat Crown for a reason. Every Christmas she has a field day taking things off the tree and hiding them under the sofas or chewing them beyond recognition. Also all the flower pots in the house have horse shoes stuck in them because Crown is often too lazy to ask to go out to go to the toilet. She used to sit beside the fish tank when we had a pirranha and put her paws in various places on the glass to watch the fish chase them. I was pouring a glass of milk one day when she jumped up and tried to get her face into it. I gave her a little smack on the head, she got a face on her and gave me a smack on the hand.

My ex's cat Blackie once went into his room, he'd left takeaway chicken wings on the desk, ok, bad move, but while he was in the bath Blackie took the box off the desk onto the bed, ate all the wings (in sauce) and left the remains and sauce spread all over the bed. I was so proud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I brought my Labrador, Frankie, to where I work Thursday just gone to weigh him. That was fine so I took him on a "Tour" of the shop, all was going fine until he came across one of the stands promoting a pet food brand. He was smelling it for a few seconds then he leaned sideways and cocked his leg! I went through a whole roll of blue roll trying to mop it up! Brat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I gave her a little smack on the head

:eek::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Saturday morning I had just baked a coffee cake, left it to cool before icing it, went upstairs to get something, suddenly thought to myself 'oh ****' and ran downstairs, too late, Lily was halfway through it, she couldn't even wait for the icing. Clearly she loves my baking because she ate 7 buttermilk scones a few weeks ago, I have learned the lesson now though, don't leave the cakes out on the counter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was both proud and angry with Rufus when I was settling down to watch some TV. I had a bag of malteasers. I lay on the couch, put the still closed bag of malteasers on my chest while flicking the channels. Obviously the dog jumped up, grabbed them and away he went. By the time I wrestled them back off him they had gone all melty and were only fit for the bin.

Less than pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

gimmick wrote: »
    I was both proud and angry with Rufus when I was settling down to watch some TV. I had a bag of malteasers. I lay on the couch, put the still closed bag of malteasers on my chest while flicking the channels. Obviously the dog jumped up, grabbed them and away he went. By the time I wrestled them back off him they had gone all melty and were only fit for the bin.

Less than pleased.

As long as they weren't opened you should have just stuck them in the fridge to firm up again. As a bonus they stick together into a 'Malteaser's Bar' when you do.

Lucyn wrote: »
    :eek::mad:

Lol. Here we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Chewed a pair of new Lacoste trainers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fixing Good

Got a lab retriever as a puppy. He started by chewing all the skirting boards at night, chewed most my shoes, pulled the bins apart, pulled down laundry regularly, ate 2 leather armchairs that I had to pay to be fixed, tangled a new hose I bought for the garden (lasted 2 days), pulled the pipe out of the base of the oil tank and leaked about €200 worth of oil, ate half of a €10 note, shredded countless j-cloths, shredded social welfare forms (fun explaining that one for my housemate) and vomited on the living room rug a few times.
    I was drunk one night and left doors open, when I woke there was trails of shampoo all around the ensuite and bedroom, my belt was in bits, my shoes destroyed and girlfriends underwear pulled out and wrecked also.
    Toke 2 years to calm him. When I used to put him in his time out room he used to take a nap!!!
    Wouldn't swap him for the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

My dog really makes a mess at night in our utility room. I put some newspapers down so she can use if she wants the toilet.

But recently, I suppose in a cat like manner, she soils the newspapers and tries to bury what she has done. Went down this morning and the newspaper was rolled up in a ball and a little turd about 3 feet away from the papers :confused:

My dog really makes a mess at night in our utility room. I put some newspapers down so she can use if she wants the toilet.

But recently, I suppose in a cat like manner, she soils the newspapers and tries to bury what she has done. Went down this morning and the newspaper was rolled up in a ball and a little turd about 3 feet away from the papers :confused:

Sounds or looks like she wishes to go to the toilet outside more so than indoors.
    Our guy literally changed his habits over night and so i let him out before bedtime. However if he did need to go during the night after this it was similar to what your describing; he would try to disguise it.

It's really odd to me, because this dog is now eleven years of age and only started doing that recently. She will have no problem having an accident on the kitchen floor in front of me! But for some strange reason she started doing this thing with the newspapers at night.

I thought you were describing a puppy so apologies there.
    If toilet habits change in a dog that age it may be a health issue.
    Bring her to a vet as soon as you can.

See this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81581647&postcount=2

Sorry for going off topic OP.

• Advertisement

Did you take your dog to the vet? You said your dogs toilet habits changed overnight too and would try to disguise it.

Did you take your dog to the vet? You said your dogs toilet habits changed overnight too and would try to disguise it.

No he was only a young puppy at the time and it was a transition period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Neither of mine (thankfully) have ever had any inclination to chew electrical cables but because they're gundogs have a bit of a fancy for fabrics/cushions.
    Cocos finest hour was completely obliterating a cushion, which was fine, it was contained to one room and easily cleaned.

I posted this in the last thread about naughty things, here's the rascal:

SDC10082.JPG

Benson however managed to get hold of an old feather pillow that was stupidly left within his reach in our outhouse (door is permanently open as swallows nest there every summer and it's our fuel store in the winter) We had to go out to a meeting in Dublin and our neighbour went in to check on the dogs and was greeted by a covering of feathers all across the large yard area at the back of the house. He made an attempt to clean it up, but it was drizzly also so it was next to impossible. We arrived home to what looked like a snowstorm in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'm very lucky with Kayla- she's not a chewer or demolisher :) naughtiest thing she does usually is rob socks off the radiator and prance around looking for a chase!

The one thing she crosses the line into BOLD land over is dentastix- anyone else's dog go mental for them?? Is there some sort of addictive ingredient in them or something?? Kayla would actually sell the entire family for one. I have to be extremely careful how I store them or she will scent them out and nearly dig through the press to get to them! She loves treats in general, but something oddly predatory happens when she smells these. She does the doggie equivilant of a poker face, but the tension in her is unreal! She fixates on them like nothing else, and it's the only thing she will snatch out of my hand and not give a f*ck if she gets my finger or not!

I entered the kitchen yesterday to find her balancing precariously on the edge of the table (she had gotten up onto the kitchen chair, onto the table, and was about to make the leap for the kitchen counter). She knew by scent alone that they were up there, despite me having wrapped them in clingfilm (in their original packaging) and putting them in an airtight container.

Needless to say, she doesn't get them very often :P (although it's fun to hide one in a room and let her in to find it- she'd be an amazing sniffer dog!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm very lucky with Kayla- she's not a chewer or demolisher :) naughtiest thing she does usually is rob socks off the radiator and prance around looking for a chase!

There is nothing as cute as a dog prancing about looking for a chase, the way they throw the head and look at you with a little twinkle in their eye. It's gas!

Advertisement