Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800B0100 error during Windows update

Options
  • 26-10-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Having problems installing a Windows update on my Win7 (Home Premium 64-bit) machine. Error code of 800B0100 is given when attempting to install update KB2731847.

I have tried many times over the last few weeks, but same error is always reported. I have downloaded a System Readiness Tool (windows6.1-KB947821-v24-x64), but it reported a problem with CheckSUR (unavailable repair files).
    From here, I went on to manually expand the .mum, .cat and .manifest files from the update package to the relevant folders. No luck!

Lastly, I tried running the "Microsoft Fix It" tool. It reported fixing problems, but on re-trying the update, it failed again for the same...
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.

Advertisement