Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private eyes

• 26-10-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

How much information could a private eye find out about a person with nothing more than a name and address?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

you could find out more yourself! there only chancers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they're watching you, they see your every move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

How much information could a private eye find out about a person with nothing more than a name and address?

You could save money by trying Facebook first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Absolutely everything. The address is the important one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Give us your name and address there, OP. We can stalk you AH style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

You're fecked OP, fecked I tell ya. Change your name and address at once. Just move next door and change one letter, they're not the brightest. Nothing more than your name and address!LOL. What's missing, a DNA sample??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

My private eye spits when excited.

Costs a helluva lot in dry cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Did someone call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Legally or illeagally? ;)

But for a start:

- Knowing where you live means a person can check your bins. So pps, d.o.b. all that stuff can be obtained if you dont dispose of documents carefully.
    - Most people tell so much about themselves on facebook. (Im sure facebook is a private eye's dream now)
    - Pretty much any movement you make can be noted. After all, person knows where you live.

I could go on :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Pretty much anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm guessing the OP is trying to track down a former tenant that owes them rent.

Would I be wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

MadsL wrote: »
    I'm guessing the OP is trying to track down a former tenant that owes them rent.

Would I be wrong?

And op, this is why boards.ie can be used to gain information too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

They could probably figure out the sex of the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I like the Philip Marlowe type of private dick, Humphrey Bogart carried the character very well.

That's the kind of guy I want investigating for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

As much information as you would require, n'est-ce pas.

http://bloodymurder.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/suchet-poirot-itv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

With some of The PIs I have came across here you'd be lucky if they could find their way out of a paper bag....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

This thread is not what I thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just ask Magnum for details, terms and conditions, all that stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It depends on where he has contacts, Gardai, SW etc., illegal I know but it does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

They usualy need some of the folding stuff too. The more folding stuff the better the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement