Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

js phish virus

• 26-10-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I think what i am dealing with is a js phish virus,
    it keeps bringing up a blank internet screen which says it cant connect, but locks out the computer!
    Avg found and removed a file but the prob persists!
    Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Start the pc in safe mode with networking download,install superanti spyware,update it and run a full scan.http://www.superantispyware.com/

If you cant connect in safe mode go to control panel-network and internet-connections-internet options- lan settings and make sure there is no proxy set.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

Thanks, I think i got it taken care of,
    I used msconfig and stopped a few things that were happening on startup.
    Then I removed a .exe file that had a random letter name!
    Seems to be ok at the moment!
    I hope its done with!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I would strongly recommend a full superanti spyware scan in safe mode it should find the files that generated the malware and delete them.

Advertisement