Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

175 visa activation query

Options
  • 26-10-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm based in Sydney and have just got pre approval for 175 visa. However, I need to go offshore to activate it.

The pre approval says I must go offshore and post my passport to Aus embassy to got it stamped. (can take 5 business days)

However, others have told me their visa was activated immediately when they left Australia. (they got email confirmation and were not required to post off their passport.)

Can people pls advise if I need to leave Australia for a week or a long weekend to activate the visa?

Also, my partner was de facto on the approval. She is going back to Ireland at Xmas. (I wanted to go but it's 3k aud for the flights). I might go to new zealand to activate the visa while she is in ireland, if its possible. Do we have to leave Australia on the same flights / go to the same destination at the same time to activate the visa?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

I recommend that you follow the instructions that you have been given and not the advice of others.
    They need to put the visa into your passport.

As to the different destinations, you would have been advised on the letter if not reply back and ask them.
    Off shore means any destination other than Australia. Look at flights to bali. have a hioliday at the same time. also check the time frame for validation
    Regards
    Silverski

Advertisement