Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the most cash you have ever carried around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Bout three fiddy

I'm really sorry but that was too easy :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I had €25,000 cash on me one day.....was totally ****ting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Doom wrote: »

It's not a competition about who can out do the amount of money in the OP :P

It was about €10,000 back in "the good days" to buy a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

40 grand in cash on my way to make a lodgement on a monday morning after a very busy weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

8,500 would be most when I was paying for a car. Cash frightens me, I remember checking my pockets for the envelope constantly. Didn't feel comfortable until I handed it over.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

3500 :) bookies money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

4 grand cash for a car and insurance. I was convinced I was going to be mugged.

Culleeo wrote: »
    It's not a competition about who can out do the amount of money in the OP :P

It was about €10,000 back in "the good days" to buy a car.

Er....I am the OP

Went through 2 airports and a night in a rural German b&b....not a good nights sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I understand that you have zome money. Vy Vasnt dis declared. You still owe me my Irish slaves. Coff up ze lot

220px-AM_Juli_2010_-_3zu4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Er....I am the OP

This is why posting after a few beers should be banned :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

I think it was around a thousand pounds back in the day when we had real money. ;) I won it on the horses.

At the time I had some much cash floating around that when I lost over £300. I never noticed, only when I found it lying under a table did I even remember it.

Those were the days! I might add this was long before the Celtic Tiger.

On the other hand the most money I ever handled was when my company asked me to pick up a cheque and lodge it for them. I nearly fainted when I saw how much it was for. £750,000. As I was filling in the lodgement slip the man beside did a massive double take when he glanced over at me. A couple of days later I lodged another cheque for over £250,000. In effect I lodged a million quid into the bank.

If only it was mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

€14,000 for a bike, it wasn't as big a wad of cash as I'd hoped. There's rarely any reason to carry much cash. I'm not sure I'd like to be carrying around more than a few hundred as I frequently lose things.

Went through 2 airports and a night in a rural German b&b....not a good nights sleep.

And no I wasn't meeting Angela.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Back in 96. a little over 5 million.
    Managed to spend it all in 3 weeks on honeymoon in Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Carried 4000 dollars cash to the states last year, walking through Brooklyn after I landed knocked a few years off my life expectancy due to stress!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Id have to be doing that, or printing it to have that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Cash- about 12,000 punts. Walked around with a bank draft (its as good as cash) to the value of 147,000 punts once.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Back in 96. a little over 5 million.
    Managed to spend it all in 3 weeks on honeymoon in Italy.

I Lire your style.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I won it all at Monopoly a few times. Millions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

€204.30 every Friday....back in the tiger days when the JA really meant something....memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

My own money - €32k

Not my money - I have held over €500,000 though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

65k after the last weekend before Christmas around 2004. Working in a mobile phone store. The other guy walking with me had roughly the same. We sold over 700 phones in one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Over 10,000 loads of times but it was never mine as I worked with a lot of cash, always handed over every penny, honestly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

i have no doubt the revenue are following this thread.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Same as a few, €10,000 for a car and thought someone was going to mug me any minute.

That was 2008 and sold the car the following year for €3000 (and was lucky to get it) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Bout three fiddy

I'm really sorry but that was too easy :o

Foe fiddy yo

Same as a few, €10,000 for a car and thought someone was going to mug me any minute.

That was 2008 and sold the car the following year for €3000 (and was lucky to get it) :(

I've got no more tears for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

$25,000 to $30,000 a week in my last job in Haiti. Doesn't help when your driver tells you that someone was shot outside the bank the week before. Became used to it after a while.

Used to get seriously paranoid about the money as I was ultimately responsible for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

8000000 was buying my 5 house and now cant afford any off them, have to hand keys back and let the tax payers pay for then :D

soap1978 wrote: »
    8000000 was buying my 5 house and now cant afford any off them, have to hand keys back and let the tax payers pay for then :D

Did you buy the estate?

Did you buy the estate?

1 bed aportment on the south side, like D4 like ....:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

I've got no more tears for you

I'm all cried out myself mate.

Cue Alison Moyet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

About two grand. In my ass pocket walking down Moore Street haha. Actually a shop was being robbed with a knife on the street whilst walking by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

How much are you allowed to take out of the country in cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

50-odd grand to the bank to do a lodgement, wrapped up in a black plastic bag in one of my old jobs. Nearly wet myself carrying it around.

Out of my own money, 22 grand. Now, I'd be lucky to have twenty euro in my purse. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

True story - Went out for lunch one Friday with my boss ( I had the princely sum of five pounds in my purse waiting for the end of the month pay cheque). Anyway the wind is blowing and four men got out of a car just ahead of where we were walking towards the restaurant - and twenty pound notes start blowing from one of the men's pockets. I picked up what I found and my boss handed me what he picked up and I ran up to the four men in front and handed them approximately 800 pounds. No thanks.

So 800 pounds was the most amount of money I ever carried. ( and one of those twenty pound notes would have made my weekend go a lot longer) !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

narwhalthe wrote: »
    About two grand. In my ass pocket walking down Moore Street haha. Actually a shop was being robbed with a knife on the street whilst walking by.

bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

€2 million, unfortunately not mine. Had to lodge a yearly funding cheque to the bank.

• Advertisement

Thrill wrote: »
    How much are you allowed to take out of the country in cash?

5k or there abouts in any one trip, revenue can impound anything more than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

bull

Nah not bull. Took it out to get a car at the weekend. Some phone shop was getting robbed as I came out of the pound shop with it. Nothing happened to me obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

23500 in cash to buy a car. I got the bus in Donegal to Dublin, got off at busarus and walked to St Stephens green where I was to meet the fella selling the car. I had the money in two envelopes in inside pockets of my jacket and I have never been so nervous in my life till I got rid if it and bought the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I needed to make a large cash withdrawal last year, so I phoned the bank to give them a few days notice. When I called to withdraw I was ushered into an office where a very embarrased manager explained they didn't have enough cash in the bank and could I wait until later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 STI V5

45,000 PUNTS !! It was around a week before christmas and was asked to pick up a couple of sets of plans for a job off a builder that we done a lot of work for !! Nothing unusual about that :) .. Picked up a good few large envelopes from the dozy secretary and like everything else they were just flung onto the seat of me van with all the other crap !!! Next stop a bit of skiving into the square s.c for last minute christmas bits :D.. 40-45 mins later shopping sorted , headed up to the office where my FAT CAT BOSS started to open up the envelopes and pulled out a fair few wads of cash ...Yep his sets of plans was actually 45k in cash !!!! He nearly fu#kin fell off the chair when i told him i had taken a little detour into the square leaving his ( sets of plans ) alone me van :eek::eek: Served him right for being a sneaky bastid .. Needless to say he never opened his mouth about my little shopping trip he was just very happy to have his cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

as far as i can remember the most ive had on me personally was about 2000 but i was once in a car with someone that was depositing 97,000 into the bank from where he was working. i had it all on my knee in the car, it felt pretty crazy knowing you had that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

two and six

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Largest cash amount probably €4000 but lots of diamonds walked around Dublin in my shirt pocket from workshop to workshop to Diamond manufacurers, possibly worth more than i ever will be even with a "Death in Service policy" in action LoL! (i aint working in a jewelers anymore btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I once drove around in a €250,000 car with about €40,000 in the glove box. Shíttin myself that I was gonna be car jacked.

I also once drove a nearly new Rolls Royce Phantom waayyy to fast and very nearly crashed it. Another moment when I nearly soiled myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

On my own I think it was around €35,000 which was a Saturday nights takings. We had to do lodgements every day so I was lodging it in the bank Sunday morning. I hated doing it - not because of the money but because it was a constant fight to get into the self-service area and the automated lodgement box. BOI would seriously want to get their facilities in order.

There was another time with about €76,000 but that was 3 nightclubs takings and I wasn't alone. Would-be robbers take note: I don't work in bars or do cash lodgements any more. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement