Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monopods Accu-shot

Options
  • 26-10-2012 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Thinking of ordering one for the Tikka but wanted to ask a question or two first.

Who uses them and do you find them a good aid to accuracy?

Looking at the Accu-shot but would be open to suggestion or recommendations on make, model, heights.

Also, anyone stocking them nationally?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Had Accu Shot one, used it once maybe, maybe not even that...sold it on here couple months ago. It would give you better rear support-no daubt about it, wherether you need one you decide. I think its more suitable if you do some target shooting ( which I believe you do:)), couse in the field you just wount have enough time to play with all the gismoes on your rig when alive target is moving fast in front of you. I like to keep it simple and as fast as possible lately. And it pays off. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

I have one on my Tikka all the time. It's folded out of the way and is there when i want it. As far as using it for targets it's not a steady as a sand bag but it is definitely a help. i often use it on long shots to have loads of control on holdover. If you grip it like a handle and squeeze your fist you can have loads of control. Or twist it for ultimate control. Where you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I have and I use it folded up on the butt, i find it a great aid to accuracy. It also balances the weight of the rifle as I have an ASE Jet Z moderator on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Thanks for the response lads.

I might get one and give it a try and see how I get on.

If it gives extra balance, I think I would like that as I have an ASE Jet-Z on mine and find it muzzle heavy.

Session Savage, Im based in Clare :)

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response lads.

I might get one and give it a try and see how I get on.

If it gives extra balance, I think I would like that as I have an ASE Jet-Z on mine and find it muzzle heavy.

Session Savage, Im based in Clare :)
    Might be a bit far but your welcome to have a gawk at mine if you're ever in south tipp.
    Either way i would recommend one.

• Advertisement

Might be a bit far but your welcome to have a gawk at mine if you're ever in south tipp.

thanks a million for the offer Session savage, i am often down that way with work.

Do you mind me asking where you bought it and which model and size you went for?

I got it direct from accushot website. Don't know which model it is but here's a pic.

I got it direct from accushot website. Don't know which model it is but here's a pic.

thanks for going to the trouble of taking and posting the picture, much appreciate it.

At least I know what I am looking for now.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Advertisement