Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paraffin=kerosene?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi fellow-gardeners. A technical question: is paraffin the same as kerosene? Can I run a greenhouse paraffin heater on my kerosene home heating oil? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Both are 23 sec oil so I think you can. I run an old paraffin heater on kero, apart from a slight smell theirs no problem. Smell could have been the same with paraffin, I can't remember what it smelt like.
    I'm using this to heat my kitchen and keep a window slightly open for the monoxide, just in case. Not dead yet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 renga

Thanks Tommy, it's what I thought. I remember the old paraffin heaters, and to say they smelled a bit was to put it mildly :) Happy to hear you're not dead yet :D

Advertisement