Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Smartglass Android app out now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ha thats crazy , I have the myxbox app on my phone which wont install on my cheapo tablet but this time it invites me yo install on my tab but tells me my xperia play is incompatible :confused:

Installs on the tablet but when I run it I get a message to say it only works on phones for now :(

Edit: requires ics

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just installed on my galaxy s2. It's not available for my Asus tablet yet, I'm guessing they'll add tablet support later.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Its a very cool app I'm sitting here watching the Avengers in Hd streaming from my phone whilst typing this on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha thats crazy , I have the myxbox app on my phone which wont install on my cheapo tablet but this time it invites me yo install on my tab but tells me my xperia play is incompatible :confused:

Installs on the tablet but when I run it I get a message to say it only works on phones for now :(

Edit: requires ics
    Your Tablet is masquerading as an Xperia Play to the Google Market

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got the update from Xbox Companion to Smart Glass on WP7 phone, but not had a chance to try it out yet.
    What can you do with it?

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    Your Tablet is masquerading as an Xperia Play to the Google Market

No you misunterstand I have both , an xperia play and a tablet, cant even see the app on the xperia play google play market due to the ICS requirement.

Anyway the guys over at XDA have managed to bypass the device check so it works on the tablet now or any andriod running ICS

@ Kxiii I didn't see any options to stream video to the xbox in the smartglass app :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weird. It says its not comparable with the Nexus 7 but by all accounts will side load perfectly. Anyone know where I can get the Apk?

Not to be a smart ass but:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbox+smartglass+apk

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meesared wrote: »

No to be a smart arse, but have you actually tried finding the Apk from those Google links? In between the spam sites, the warez sites, the direct links to Google Play and the news stories just talking about Smartglass there's nothing there.

Anyway eventually got the Apk sent to me from elsewhere and it's a bit of a disappointment. I expected a 1-1 interface with the dashboard but it's pretty unintuative. Feels more like you're using a scrollpad on a laptop when the tablet or phone could easily just offer an exact point and click replica of the dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?panj8yo9aj40ojt

Won't load on on Xperia Play at all.. :(

I was going to surprise my Nephew in the Morning.. Dang..

EDIT
    Here is a version that doesn't check what device you have.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ce4ci643uncgi7z

I'm too tired now. Will check it on the Xperia Play in the morning.

• Advertisement

No you misunterstand I have both , an xperia play and a tablet, cant even see the app on the xperia play google play market due to the ICS requirement.

Anyway the guys over at XDA have managed to bypass the device check so it works on the tablet now or any andriod running ICS

@ Kxiii I didn't see any options to stream video to the xbox in the smartglass app :confused:

I played an avi on the phones default media player and in the options there you can send to the Xbox. I didn't see this option before I installed the app so I assume its part of it.

No to be a smart arse, but have you actually tried finding the Apk from those Google links? In between the spam sites, the warez sites, the direct links to Google Play and the news stories just talking about Smartglass there's nothing there.

Anyway eventually got the Apk sent to me from elsewhere and it's a bit of a disappointment. I expected a 1-1 interface with the dashboard but it's pretty unintuative. Feels more like you're using a scrollpad on a laptop when the tablet or phone could easily just offer an exact point and click replica of the dashboard.
    Its literally right there in the first link, not sure why you had such an issue finding it

Allyall wrote: »
    Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?panj8yo9aj40ojt

Won't load on on Xperia Play at all.. :(

I was going to surprise my Nephew in the Morning.. Dang..

EDIT
    Here is a version that doesn't check what device you have.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ce4ci643uncgi7z

I'm too tired now. Will check it on the Xperia Play in the morning.

Requires ICS so won't work on the play unless you've got an ICS rom installed.

Requires ICS so won't work on the play unless you've got an ICS rom installed.

Wish i had read everything properly.. :o

I see that now, after spending the guts of an hour trying to reinstall it.
    I think it works with CM9. Can anyone confirm that?

Would love to get it working with Navi-X.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Working fine on Nexus 7 once side loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Allyall wrote: »
    I think it works with CM9. Can anyone confirm that?

Works fine for me on a galaxy s2 running cm9.

Great, thanks. Will try that now.

Do you find on the tablet the remote control feature is seriously over sensitive when you swipe left and right? and that it's the reverse of the directions you would normally use to swipe :confused: Like normally swipe left is to go to the right on android homescreens is reversed on this.

Anyone manage to get the gps map working in Forza Horizon?

Don't seem to have the feature on either One X(ics) or Xoom(jb)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Works on cm9 on a Galaxy s as well.

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get the gps map working in Forza Horizon?

Don't seem to have the feature on either One X(ics) or Xoom(jb)

Don't hold me to this as I can't find the article I was reading now when I want it but I think I recall seeing a list of smartglass enabled games during the week and being miffed at both the selection of game and the fact that feature was presently only enabled for US users.

If thats the case I'm not sure how they implemented that regional lock out, likely disables it if you are on a pal copy of the game, in which case we are out of luck for the time being.

I'll try and dig out that article now for you.

Edit : These guys give an explanation of how if should work in forza http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/10/26/the-forza-horizon-smartglass-experience.aspx

Don't hold me to this as I can't find the article I was reading now when I want it but I think I recall seeing a list of smartglass enabled games during the week and being miffed at both the selection of game and the fact that feature was presently only enabled for US users.

If thats the case I'm not sure how they implemented that regional lock out, likely disables it if you are on a pal copy of the game, in which case we are out of luck for the time being.

I'll try and dig out that article now for you.

Edit : These guys give an explanation of how if should work in forza http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/10/26/the-forza-horizon-smartglass-experience.aspx

I saw that article the other day and thought it would be cool to try out at least. Was hoping that it would available to all and not region specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

is this compatible with the Samsung galaxy s? tried both and didn't work.

is this compatible with the Samsung galaxy s? tried both and didn't work.

It only works with 4.0 and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

installed fine on desire s (iceColdSandwich i think). not had a chance to test it yet. do you need to be connected to xbl?

theteal wrote: »
    installed fine on desire s (iceColdSandwich i think). not had a chance to test it yet. do you need to be connected to xbl?

Yeh you have to be signed in on both phone and xbox and on the same wifi network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Kxiii wrote: »
    Yeh you have to be signed in on both phone and xbox and on the same wifi network.

thought as much, won't be able to test it until the 12th so. . .another example of why moving house is a pain in the swiss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

How did you sideload it?

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    How did you sideload it?

Sideloading is just a term used to describe the movement of data from one place to another like uploading/downloading in this case it's the coping of a file from a pc to a phone as opposed to downloading it from the play store.

The real difference is the .apk for this is modified to disable the device check to get it to work on any phone/tablet with android 4.0 + on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

So , this has been out for a bit now. TBH its very very similar to the xbox companion app I had on my windows phone till I got rid of it. I used that once or twice as I found no need for it. Im interested how everyone here is finding it? Do you use it and if so how often, do you use it at all?

Advertisement