Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Picked this up in the Steam sales to play using the Oculus Rift - so far, quite enjoyable! Although I'm definitely going to need to buy a wheel.
    Its class with the Oculus Rift but tbh you do need a wheel for the immersion, you can pick up a G25/27 for about 100euro second hand( and can enjoy the rift + wheel with Assetto Corsa also ). Im using a G25 and its fantastic, one of the best games/most immersive games ever.

Another thing is to overclock the rift to 71Hz, use 1680x1050 which will force downsampling, using this along with AA from CCC or NVidia Control Panel mean you can see properly in the distance( still can read speed limits though ).
    The game is seriously CPU bound, you must tweek it to get on average 60FPS with the rift( 71FPS if you overclock but thats a bit of a stretch ). Ive my old i7 920@3.9Ghz but ideally it needs a better cpu( or me overclocking to 4.2Ghz )

I bought a 780Ti just so i can eliminate GPU power for any rift game and add loads of AA while still maintaining decent FPS, also will be good for Rift games in general hopefully for the consumer version as SLI/Crossfire suck with the rift due to the extra latency.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Something that annoys me about this game is that if you miss a turn off because your going too fast the gps doesnt give you an alternative route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Something that annoys me about this game is that if you miss a turn off because your going too fast the gps doesnt give you an alternative route.
    hmm, thats weird, i know from before my Oculus Rift only some trucks have GPS by default but when i got the Rift it adds a GPS for every truck and it does update if you take the wrong route, but im not sure if its the same without the rift.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,280 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm using my Dualshock 4 and it is working well. I was going to get a wheel but I don't really have room for one at my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I use the 360 controller with all the buttons assigned and it works a treat. Sure you miss out on some the advanced stuff like hazard lights, beacon, detaching trailer, air brake and a few others, but it's way more fun than KB+M. :)

I only just reinstalled the game after my laptop died and had to be restored... for some reason it's now running like a complete dog. I'm not one for framerates and stuff, but it's really juttery and ugly on even medium settings. It used to run fine at High before. Sad times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No pad is going to be anywhere near as precise as a good wheel.
    Theres a friend of mine streaming the game right now and ive been watching for about 10 mins and its painful to watch him constantly correcting and the virtual wheel constantly moving reflecting this constant correction, its even worse to play with.
    With a wheel everything is just so smooth, i cant recommend one enough to any into their sims.
    Sorry to go slightly off topic but this is what ive been playing over the last few days with my G25,anyone even slightly interested in simulations should grab a decent wheel, it totally transforms the experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    No pad is going to be anywhere near as precise as a good wheel.
    Theres a friend of mine streaming the game right now and ive been watching for about 10 mins and its painful to watch him constantly correcting and the virtual wheel constantly moving reflecting this constant correction, its even worse to play with.
    With a wheel everything is just so smooth, i cant recommend one enough to any into their sims.
    Sorry to go slightly off topic but this is what ive been playing over the last few days with my G25,anyone even slightly interested in simulations should grab a decent wheel, it totally transforms the experience.

I completely agree, have a g27 myself and its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Why are you driving too fast? :p are you breaking the speed limit? Game needs cops to clamp down on reckless drivers.

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Why are you driving too fast? :p are you breaking the speed limit? Game needs cops to clamp down on reckless drivers.

Sometimes, after a particularly long nap at a rest stop, the only way to make it to your destination on time is to do 110kph+ on those regional roads... :P

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sometimes, after a particularly long nap at a rest stop, the only way to make it to your destination on time is to do 110kph+ on those regional roads... :P

Oh ye leave the fatigue simulation on? :eek:

You don't? :eek:

Fatigue on, speed limiter off, realistic fuel consumption. :)

This LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

110? Pfft, lightweight. I average 130 on the country roads, 160 on motorways :P

You don't? :eek:

Fatigue on, speed limiter off, realistic fuel consumption. :)

Yea I'm same except for the fatigue simulation. Feck that it's so annoying :p
    TheChrisD wrote: »
    110? Pfft, lightweight. I average 130 on the country roads, 160 on motorways :P

This game would be epic if we could drive around in multiplayer :D

Yea I'm same except for the fatigue simulation. Feck that it's so annoying :p

This game would be epic if we could drive around in multiplayer :D

I think there's a multiplayer mod in the works. Saw an announcement for it on the steam page for the game.

♫We got a great big convoy...♫ :P

Have a spare copy of this on steam if someone wants it. It's €20 on there atm.

Send me your steam email address or add me (oatesy2009) and I'll gift it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I'd really like to try it out if it isn't gone yet, IcySean Fitz is my steam Id

I'd really like to try it out if it isn't gone yet, IcySean Fitz is my steam Id

Says you haven't set up your profile or something, and not been online in over 1 year.

Still available..it's easier just to PM me your steam email if you want it. I can enter that in the gift page and it will send it to you. I've got no friend requests so I guess you are first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have you still got a copy???

• Advertisement

Gone now. Sorry icyseanfitz. I did say either add me or send email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

no bother man, was too slow to get back on to you :( my id is icyseanfitz, other one was my live tag i think, add me anyway sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

http://ets2mp.com
    So. Does anyone want to convoy up? Driving explosive cargo from Aberdeen to Budapest sounds like a fun idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Botulism wrote: »
    http://ets2mp.com
    So. Does anyone want to convoy up? Driving explosive cargo from Aberdeen to Budapest sounds like a fun idea!

Needs a smokey and the bandit theme, one guy gets to drive a trans am!

Anyone tried the multiplayer?

Anyone tried the multiplayer?
    I only played singleplayer for the first time since MP came out today, it's addictive.

BUT
    It has it's fair share of asswipes who just ram everyone off the road and block motorway exit ramps off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jwhat

I just got this at Christmas and am a bit addicted to it already!

Are there many people playing multiplayer?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havant touched MP as having nothing but trucks isnt exactly realistic :)
    Great game though, cant get enough of it,i highly recommend the hungary map mod.
    I bought a new wheel for racing sims but have put more time into this since :P
    I have tonnes of games that give me everything from adrenaline rush to frustration but nothing gives me relaxation like this game does, its very addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whats the deal with mods? I really don't like driving those big rigs so I downloaded a a van model but i suspect it made the game crash out, is there any sort of standard for mods?

Advertisement