Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not essential but your missing out bigtime if your not using a wheel.
    That constant correction of left/right inputs with a pad ruin the experience for me, having said that this is nowhere near as bad as trying to use a pad with a racing sim.
    If you have no choice but to use a pad the game is still a great experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dcully wrote: »
    Not essential but your missing out bigtime if your not using a wheel.
    That constant correction of left/right inputs with a pad ruin the experience for me, having said that this is nowhere near as bad as trying to use a pad with a racing sim.
    If you have no choice but to use a pad the game is still a great experience.

It actually works grand with a pad. I know what you mean by correcting but I use the left stick and of you roll it along the top arch left and right when steering you can have it as precise as using a wheel.

Also I have the xbox elite controller for this and its excellent because of the paddles on the back you can assign them for the actions that you usually use the keyboard for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've used a flight yoke (works like a wheel) and flight pedals as brakes for years in ET2. I felt it was grand but then I bought a G29 wheel yesterday, the difference is amazing.

So yeah you can play without a wheel but youre missing out

Add a VR headset and you'll nearly be smelling the manky cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dylanmc30

Great game for relaxing and just driving :)

Is it hard to get into this online guys? I'm tempted to get it going again as I've lost my savegame but would be tempted to go online if its any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

jayo26 wrote: »
    Is it hard to get into this online guys? I'm tempted to get it going again as I've lost my savegame but would be tempted to go online if its any good?

If you can dome something that even remotely resembles basic driving you'll be fine. The problem is other people that can't, with mixed consequence. Sometimes funny, sometimes rage inducing.

My advice is to be weary of drivers from countries east of Poland.
    If you have some software that can save clips at the press of a button (I use OBS) you can submit a historical report through the website which always gets reviewed, or you can report in game but that only works when there's an admin willing to check it out and see if the reported driver messes up again.

Thanks for the reply yeh I'm pretty fine at the driving skills I've played it crazy amount of hours myself.

What's the general idea of online? Is it the same you have your own trucking company or whats the aim?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply yeh I'm pretty fine at the driving skills I've played it crazy amount of hours myself.

What's the general idea of online? Is it the same you have your own trucking company or whats the aim?

Exactly he same as single player, only the AI traffic is completely removed in favour of Human drivers.

Some people like to set up "virtual trucking companies" but it's completely pointless because the game already has a company system. It's an idea carried over from Flight simulators that really didn't need to be carried over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    If you can dome something that even remotely resembles basic driving you'll be fine. The problem is other people that can't, with mixed consequence. Sometimes funny, sometimes rage inducing.

My advice is to be weary of drivers from countries east of Poland.
    If you have some software that can save clips at the press of a button (I use OBS) you can submit a historical report through the website which always gets reviewed, or you can report in game but that only works when there's an admin willing to check it out and see if the reported driver messes up again.

Whats the craic with the lads driving cars in the video? I've never tried online either so wasnt aware that was possible.

Whats the craic with the lads driving cars in the video? I've never tried online either so wasnt aware that was possible.

It's a mod. A skoda octavia, the admins wanted to add police cars but for them to work everyone on the server would need the mod, so they let people use the car seeing they all had to download it anyways.
    Comes with 3 skins: metallic colour, convoy pilot and police.
    It's a bit of fun to throw around, top speed 200km/h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I found some of these paint jobs of major Irish companies on the steam workshop last night.

An Irish fella makes them on a piece of modding software which I can't remember the name. These jobs are unreal. He should do more of them right away.

3B3BEC056765E9AF676C2DECBFD992947265D492

9FAF3D26114D42561A015B23FB3E55912F8FE047

C2E0F7F0F34D43439E8AC62586C231A6781A9AF2

EB49A3F0D25DAE75DC84645712FA11FA8C2474CB

FB9E95F6600FA553A6163D1CF5401D63B56E625E

C84F12F41DAD862C734A1FBDF66C54678FEBDD55

Link here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirblackyalot/myworkshopfiles/?appid=227300

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Must try them out.

Your man who did the Irish trailer paint jobs on the Steam Workshop has done more now.

He has done Irish Schwarzmuller trailers including one for Supervalu, McDonnells Curry & bakugls.com.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

Link here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1094268491

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

What are peoples favourite trucks in the game?Personally for me Volvo and Scania trucks are the best for long haul trucking.I love the Volvo FH16 Classic and The Scania Streamline with the exclusive leather interior.Im not a fan of the updated Volvo FH16 at all.The interior is too bright and the dashboard isn't as easy to read as the original FH16.Really both Volvo and Scania for me are the two best trucks in the game.Even if some of those Scania fan boys you see around the internet (the likes of Squirrel on youtube) can be annoying at times.Oh and i think Ireland will finally be in the next version of pro mods!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just use Scania all the time because their trip computer on the wheel is handy...

Ireland is coming along nicely.Im alarmed that Cork isn't on the map though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ireland is coming along nicely.Im alarmed that Cork isn't on the map though.

No cork? Screw them anyway !

Im driving a Scania around the roads around Moscow with a Lucy Transport Millstreet Co Cork paintjob.:D I have 4 trucks and 4 drivers.The trucks i own are the Volvo FH16 Classic the 2013 Updated Volvo FH16 The Scania Streamline and The Scania R.Im not sure what my 5th truck will be.I don't mean to offend any fans but in my opinion Renault and Iveco trucks are garbage.So it's between DAF MAN and Mercedes.MAN trucks have the highest horsepower after Volvo and Scania while i love the front exterior of the original DAF XF.The updated Mercedes Acros is another great truck.So there's a tough choice for me to make there!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smncnnr

I believe Cork is in the works but not yet ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Im driving a Scania around the roads around Moscow with a Lucy Transport Millstreet Co Cork paintjob.:D I have 4 trucks and 4 drivers.The trucks i own are the Volvo FH16 Classic the 2013 Updated Volvo FH16 The Scania Streamline and The Scania R.Im not sure what my 5th truck will be.I don't mean to offend any fans but in my opinion Renault and Iveco trucks are garbage.So it's between DAF MAN and Mercedes.MAN trucks have the highest horsepower after Volvo and Scania while i love the front exterior of the original DAF XF.The updated Mercedes Acros is another great truck.So there's a tough choice for me to make there!

I love the looks of the MAN TGX.

• Advertisement

Another hint as to what is coming up next. Presumably a reworked Italy for a new DLC.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/227300/announcements/detail/1438190618783829533

I think really for a first truck you can't beat the Volvo FH16 Classic.Because you can get it with a very high horse power engine at an early stage in the game.Scanias are very bad value for money if you are at a low level.Their expensive and an engine bigger than 580 horsepower for a Scania doesn't unlock until level 20.I do find the Scania Streamline with the exclusive interior to be a better truck than the two Volvos though.You have a very easy to read dashboard and then you have that massive Scania logo on the front.You can even all these fancy lights inside the cockpit if you have the mighty Griffin DLC.Volvos (especially the FH16 Classic) are great trucks but yeah i think Scanias are the king of the road.:D I think the Scania drives smoother as well. My advice to people is always to buy a Volvo for your first truck because you get a lot of bang for your buck at an early stage of the game, and then buy that Scania when the time is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Reading the last few comments has made me want to play this game again. Has much changed in the last year?

Remembering the days when driving though Germany in my Volvo with the internet radio on.

Hope my wheel still works.

I love American Truck Simulator as well.The game badly needs more states to drive around though.One advantage to driving in the states is that there's no roundabouts.I can't negotiate a roundabout in ETS for love nor money.I sort of just stay on the outside lane and just pray and hope that i avoid a collision.:pac: The Kenworth w900 and the Volvo VNL 670 are my favourite trucks in ATS.The Volvo truck is a mod truck i got off steam workshop.I was really disappointed with the Peterbilt 389 when it was released last winter.The engine is too quiet and for me it's just a pretty crap truck compared to the Kenworth w900 and Volvo VNL 670

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I love the looks of the MAN TGX.

I drove that truck in quick jobs.I love the interior in particular and with an engine maxing out at 680 hp.Only Volvo with 750 hp and Scania with 730 hp can beat the MAN TGX on that front.So yeah the next time i play the game, im going to purchase one for my 5th truck in the fleet.:D

The MAN TGX has something most Scanias and Volvos don't: An zone indicator on the revmeter for changing gears. Overlooked by most players because a shocking amount of people only ever use automatic transmission.

Drove from Hamburg to Budapest yesterday, took a long time.

I never crashed yet the trailer got 11% damage. It took 24k out of the 50k payment.

Got a loan after that and bought my 5th Volvo. May start looking at other trucks next.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Drove from Hamburg to Budapest yesterday, took a long time.

I never crashed yet the trailer got 11% damage. It took 24k out of the 50k payment.

Got a loan after that and bought my 5th Volvo. May start looking at other trucks next.

Do you prefer the FH16 Classic or the newer 2013 version?Volvo trucks were my original favourite but once i purchased a Scania, it was a case of Scania all the way for me.If you do decide to purchase a Scania i really recommend that you buy the mighty Griffin dlc.It will give you a load of cool items to decorate the truck with.

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    The MAN TGX has something most Scanias and Volvos don't: An zone indicator on the revmeter for changing gears. Overlooked by most players because a shocking amount of people only ever use automatic transmission.

I only have one complaint about the MAN TGX.The slow indicator signal tone is very annoying.btw Is there any Mercedes Acros fans out there?My brother is a massive fan of that truck.

• Advertisement

Do you prefer the FH16 Classic or the newer 2013 version?Volvo trucks were my original favourite but once i purchased a Scania, it was a case of Scania all the way for me.If you do decide to purchase a Scania i really recommend that you buy the mighty Griffin dlc.It will give you a load of cool items to decorate the truck with.

I think i have the newer Volvos. Does the Job.

Yeah i went though the store yesterday after my long hiatus and bought the dlc.

Will buy a Scania next. Any model or configuration in particular? Might try just doing some quick jobs to try out other trucks.

Advertisement