Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I think i have the newer Volvos. Does the Job.

Yeah i went though the store yesterday after my long hiatus and bought the dlc.

Will buy a Scania next. Any model or configuration in particular? Might try just doing some quick jobs to try out other trucks.

I would recommend the Scania Streamline with the exclusive interior.The only real difference between the Scania R and Scania Streamline is that the Streamline version comes with the option of having the nice black exclusive intertior.The engine would also be more fuel efficient but really whatever Scania you buy, you will be buying a quality truck.The R is the older model.The Streamline is it's more modern upgrade.It will be intresting to see how you find the Scania in comparison to the Volvos.If you do decide to buy one.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I would recommend the Scania Streamline with the exclusive interior.The only real difference between the Scania R and Scania Streamline is that the Streamline version comes with the option of having the nice black exclusive intertior.The engine would also be more fuel efficient but really whatever Scania you buy, you will be buying a quality truck.The R is the older model.The Streamline is it's more modern upgrade.It will be intresting to see how you find the Scania in comparison to the Volvos.If you do decide to buy one.

Yeah i will look into them.

Any news on new trucks being added?

I also recommend that people try Fernbus simulator.It's kinda like a coach driving version of Euro Truck.I see it as a very similar type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I also recommend that people try Fernbus simulator.It's kinda like a coach driving version of Euro Truck.I see it as a very similar type of game.

I saw a video of it a few days ago but the reviews were really bad

OMSI 2 would be similar but more maps/mods

Bambi wrote: »
    I saw a video of it a few days ago but the reviews were really bad

OMSI 2 would be similar but more maps/mods

OMSI is for short distance city bus driving.Fernbus is for long distance inter city coach driving.It's a lot more accessible and easy to play as well if you find OMSI too complicated and intense.I think the bad rep the game get is undeserved.There is a few issues alright.Like you can be stuck in traffic and the traffic doesn't move, even when the light's are green.So the AI traffic can stop fucntioning if the traffic density is set very high.But if you lower the traffic density down then there's no problem.I think the graphics in Fernbus are a lot better than the graphics in OMSI as well.OMSI has a lot better mod support though as you say.There's no Bus Eireann paint job mods yet for Fernbus for example.While in OMSI your well sorted for Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann paint jobs.

• Advertisement

About that truck i was buying.I changed my mind about the MAN.I went for the original DAF XF instead.I just love the front exterior of that truck and it look's the job with the Lucy Transport paint job.It's no Scania or Volvo but it's still a fine truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The 1.28 version of ETS2 and American Truck Simulator is now live for single player only.

The multiplayer version from TruckersMP has yet to be released.

Promods version 2.20 is out now.Ireland is in the game but they forgot about the south of Ireland.Limerick is the only place in Munster in the game.No Cork no Waterford Tralee Killarney Clonmel etc.Athlone is another glaring omission.Perhaps they will sort it out some other time.I hope.

Here are the available locations in Ireland.Dublin Limerick Galway Sligo Wexford Belfast Derry Lisburn and Larne.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pity there's no Cork, yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pity there's no Cork, yet anyway.

I want to make a trip from Youghal to Bantry and back again :)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I want to make a trip from Youghal to Bantry and back again :)

Lol I want the N20 Cork to Limerick road in the next version of promods.Roadworks in Buttevant and all.:pac:

I was on a job from Limerick to somewhere in Scotland.However when i arrived in the port of Cairnryan Scotland after getting off the ferry from Larne the game crashed.I drove from Limerick up to Belfast and Larne with no problems at all.I disabled a few mods.Reloaded the save but the game still crashed.I bought a garage in Limerick but that surely wouldn't cause the game to crash?But i reloaded an earlier save before i bought the garage just to be on the safe side.Drove around Ireland for a bit.I went from Limerick to Wexford.Then i took a job going from Wexford to Galway and all was grand.There was no problems going to Ireland in the first place either, driving from Liverpool to Holyhead.The game only crashed in Scotland.I guess there must be some issue with the Scotland part of the map.

They have done an awesome job recreating the Irish road network and road signs.The road from Galway to Limerick really does feel that actual N18.They have the Shannon Tunnel and all.They also did a great job recreating the road from Liverpool to Hollyhead.So hopefully they will keep working on Ireland and put in Cork Waterford Athlone Dundalk Newry and other major urban centres in Ireland in the future.Some jobs going to the industrial estates in Shannon would be nice as well.So im sure the plan is not to leave Ireland in it's current Corkless state.If it is then eff them though.:P

Question on the Promods Ireland map: the promods site says you need three other expansion packs from SCS for promods to work (france, going east and scandinavia), is that the case if ye just want the Ireland section?

Bambi wrote: »
    Question on the Promods Ireland map: the promods site says you need three other expansion packs from SCS for promods to work (france, going east and scandinavia), is that the case if ye just want the Ireland section?

Isn't it all the one download?Im not sure that there is an option for just picking Ireland.From what i know promods do incorporate the France, Going East and Scandnavian dlc's into their maps.So i think all three of those dlc's are required to work with a download from promods.Im open to correction on that though.

Isn't it all the one download?Im not sure that there is an option for just picking Ireland.From what i know promods do incorporate the France, Going East and Scandnavian dlc's into their maps.So i think all three of those dlc's are required to work with a download from promods.Im open to correction on that though.

Three expansions is a fair bit of coin to lay down just to drive around Ireland :o

That said I just paid about 40 euros for a map to fly around Ireland in Prepar3d :D

Edit: Turns out I bought the going east expansion years ago, so its only two packs.

I really recommend that people go for drive in the Faroe Islands and Iceland.The scenery is spectacular.If anyone owns a DAF truck then i recommend that you buy the DAF accessories dlc.Im driving a DAF XF 105 at the moment.I think the DAF XF 105 is a really nice looking truck.Especially if you get it with the exclusive interior.Exterior wise it look's just as nice as a Scania.The only problem that stops DAF being a genuine rival to Volvo and Scania is the weak engine.510 horse power is the strongest engine you can get for the XF 105.For the DAF XF Euro 6 you can get a slightly more powerful 530 horse power engine.So in terms of engine power only Renault are lower.

If anyone uses Promods for the Ireland map; I found an Irish licence plate mod which you can download from the Steam Workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128624927&searchtext=Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Plan to get stuck into this soon with my rift and pedals.

Really need like a week off to get immersed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Alright lads whats the craic so is this game worth getting? I have been in the trucking industry most of my life so wanted a game like this to pass the time on my days off from travelling. I have seen vids on this game and I'm impressed on how they have simulated real life commercial trucks such as fh16's and r series scanias in the game. Whats the best set up for the game? I prefer to use a pc controller myself and probably be cheapest option. Also where is best place to get it and is there an expansion bundle? I mean buying the dlc with it...I'm just about to check steam for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Alright lads whats the craic so is this game worth getting? I have been in the trucking industry most of my life so wanted a game like this to pass the time on my days off from travelling. I have seen vids on this game and I'm impressed on how they have simulated real life commercial trucks such as fh16's and r series scanias in the game. Whats the best set up for the game? I prefer to use a pc controller myself and probably be cheapest option. Also where is best place to get it and is there an expansion bundle? I mean buying the dlc with it...I'm just about to check steam for it
    You can usually pick up the base game + 2 expansions on sale for under €10.

There should be a sale soon for Halloween.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Get yourself a wheel and pedal setup, immersion factor goes through the roof.
    This setup would also open up the world of simracing to you as a bonus.

I havent played ETS2 or American TS in a while but both are right up there as my top games for relaxing and just chilling out.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    You can usually pick up the base game + 2 expansions on sale for under €10.

There should be a sale soon for Halloween.
    oh i see i guess ill wait for halloween then
    Dcully wrote: »
    Get yourself a wheel and pedal setup, immersion factor goes through the roof.
    This setup would also open up the world of simracing to you as a bonus.

I havent played ETS2 or American TS in a while but both are right up there as my top games for relaxing and just chilling out.

Oh really which wheel do you suggest for the game? I was thinking about the thrustmaster T80 in smyths toystore as it seems reasonably priced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh i see i guess ill wait for halloween then

Oh really which wheel do you suggest for the game? I was thinking about the thrustmaster T80 in smyths toystore as it seems reasonably priced.

Get a logitech G27 if you can.

Get a logitech G27 if you can.

Thats probably a bit much out of my price range to be honest as I wont be gaming every week due to travelling so a cheap enough wheel is fine for me as ill only be using it for euro truck anyway. A 85euro one that will manouver a truck around all those roundabouts no bother on pc will do the trick for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey all,

Just downloaded promods 2.20

Haven't played in a while, looking forward to driving Ireland

I wonder who here has the most amount of drivers in their fleet?I have 6 drivers at the moment and a fleet consisting of a Volvo FH16 Classic, a Volvo FH, a Scania Streamline, a Scania R, a DAF XF 105 and a MAN TGX.

If anyone uses Promods for the Ireland map; I found an Irish licence plate mod which you can download from the Steam Workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128624927&searchtext=Ireland

Would i have to set my main home garage to Ireland for it to work?

• Advertisement

Would i have to set my main home garage to Ireland for it to work?

Yes. Otherwise it won't work.

Advertisement