Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any info out there on TOOL.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Really trying to get into this band but just can't. The new song sounds like old Tool, which is fine, but it's not as exciting and as ground breaking as some of the YT comments make out. Take out all the fancy drum fills and it's bog standard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The physical release is about $45 and over here about €99(Tower Records)....

How the hell does that translate?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I believe there is a physical release that has some sort of inbuilt media player of sorts? Is that the version that'll cost €99?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it has an lcd screen and speakers. I ordered one from Amazon US yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, it has an lcd screen and speakers. I ordered one from Amazon US yesterday.

For 45 dollars?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    For 45 dollars?

works out at €66 with delivery I think, then there may be customs? Not sure if it's already included in the €66 that I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

New track is really growing on me. Can't wait for the album.

works out at €66 with delivery I think, then there may be customs? Not sure if it's already included in the €66 that I heard.

Yep. It estimates a tenner customs in that, I think. Mine was about €58 delivered.

I saw Wowcd have it for 35 sterling. Ive a feeling that won't go ahead. I've even a feeling my Amazon one could end up being dearer, somehow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yep. It estimates a tenner customs in that, I think. Mine was about €58 delivered.

I saw Wowcd have it for 35 sterling. Ive a feeling that won't go ahead. I've even a feeling my Amazon one could end up being dearer, somehow too.

Just ordered it from wowhd for €37. Why do you think it won't go ahead, too cheap?

rickyjb wrote: »
    Just ordered it from wowhd for €37. Why do you think it won't go ahead, too cheap?

I think the may have guesstimated wrong, as it's £80 on HMV for example, but I could be wrong. If they ship it for that, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The more I listen to this new track, the more I like it. No other band sounds like this. It's not breaking any new ground but the guys are in their mid 50s now. This is their sound. Danny Carey is on fire, and loving the guitar work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The more I listen to this new track, the more I like it. No other band sounds like this. It's not breaking any new ground but the guys are in their mid 50s now. This is their sound. Danny Carey is on fire, and loving the guitar work too.
    Did the song ever climax?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Did the song ever climax?

No but half the metal community did when they heard it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

I really like it. Fastest 10 min song I ever heard. over 6m views on youtube already. In terms of the song, its hard to compare it to any other tool stuff, vocals are like APC in some of it and bit more vicious in other parts which adds a nice melody to it. I think Maynard vocals are being over shadowed by the great chemistry of the jones, carey and chancellor. I think carey is entering the realms as one of the greatest drummers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

Anyone able to post a link with a deal for the limited edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Thou wrote: »
    Anyone able to post a link with a deal for the limited edition?

I got it last week from wowhd.ie for just under €37 but it seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

album has leaked online !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yes, it's leaked. Rationing myself, Pneuma is just wow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've waited thirteen years, I'll hang on for one more week.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Invincible is just...wow.... my sitting room is vibrating.

• Advertisement

Can we ask for a link here or could someone PM it to me?

Apologies if this ain’t allowed mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

frag420 wrote: »
    Can we ask for a link here or could someone PM it to me?

Apologies if this ain’t allowed mods.

tried yo Pm you but your mailbox full

s8n wrote: »
    tried yo Pm you but your mailbox full

Sorry bout that, have deleted a few mails now if you wouldn’t mind resending!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

PM me link plz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Will be visiting dublin city on Saturday anywhere I can find the CD in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This is the first time in forever that I've avoided a leak. If they hadn't opted for joining the modern world of streaming I'd say I'd have gone the other route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

stevek93 wrote: »
    Will be visiting dublin city on Saturday anywhere I can find the CD in stock?

Cracking post - says a lot about the days we live in today!!! The days of shear excitement taking a trip into town to get your hands on a new release :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Cracking post - says a lot about the days we live in today!!! The days of shear excitement taking a trip into town to get your hands on a new release :pac:

I will not download it legally or ilgeally I want a physical copy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Tower Records should have it, or the Sound Cellar on Nassau Street

Advertisement