Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Drive

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It depends what you want it for. If it's media streaming to a console most of them should be fine at pushing out mkv or mp4 files. If you want a file server that you want different OSes to connect to then you'll have to check for support for NFS, AFP, Samba etc.

You'll find big differences in the level of software support between vendors. My Freecom NAS is a piece of **** with a flaky twonky media server, but the QNAP systems I've used are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Thanks for the reply. Both drives I posted seem well supported to me but Id like a second opinion.

The drive is for media sharing but also files on a smaller scale. I would also need connectivity for OSX and Windows

Advertisement