Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would life not be more full filing if you could see your own funeral

• 27-10-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Title explains everything
    After a few beers and thinking about different crap:/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I'll bring the camcorder so jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I better get a 'best bits' dvd before I go.

And a dvd player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Were you just watching the film Five?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Bonfire for me! Eyes full as smoke is deadly. Can't see a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No Thanks, seal my coffin and bury me without any ceremony. There would be a sparse crowd. People who I thought were friends saying he's paying for his actions now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

No funeral please - just leave me out in a field for the foxes and crows to pick at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

stoneill wrote: »
    No funeral please - just leave me out in a field for the foxes and crows to pick at.

I have a strange desire to be left out as carrion too. Some sort of returning back to nature thing. I'd like to be eaten by gulls though.

But if I did get to see my own funeral that would change everything. I'd make it the most awkward event ever staged with at least one 'hooker bursting out of the cake' type stunt.

Does anybody ever think about their body after death. I'm just looking at my hand here now and I know that at some stage it will rot and turn to bone inside a box six feet under the ground. Thoughts like that bring death home to me, It's coming soon the clock is counting down and there's not a thing we can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Like at the end of a movie when they write on the screen what the characters did afterwards?

"Bill is retired now and living in Saskatchewan"
    "Mary never recovered from the car accident and died of her injuries"

Does anybody ever think about their body after death. I'm just looking at my hand here now and I know that at some stage it will rot and turn to bone inside a box six feet under the ground. Thoughts like that bring death home to me, It's coming soon the clock is counting down and there's not a thing we can do about it.

Is it your left hand, you know, the deft one?

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    Is it your left hand, you know, the deft one?

That's it man the deftlefthand has a time limit. My spirit will become extinct but the hand and the rest of my body will have to face the wrath of decomposition. :(

That's it man the deftlefthand has a time limit. My spirit will become extinct but the hand and the rest of my body will have to face the wrath of decomposition. :(

There's nothing more sobering that the thoughts of your own mortality, yet nothing as beautiful and poetic as the transience of a hand, in all its glorious yet delicate leftishness and the fragility but tenacity of deftness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

would life not be more full filing if you could see your own funeral

Ehh.. No. No need for all that and funerals as it's an ancient and old thinking to this date in time. I'll be like a cat, and when i feel my time is close.. i will walk up to the top of the donegal mountains with a sleeping bag and leave my container there out of the reach of all people and melt naturally into the depths of wet muck. I would hate to even think of seeing my own funeral in progress with weeping people (if any lol) zod no...take me to the mountains were there are no people. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

then it will be deadlefthand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

According to Dr. Raymond Moody, the best-selling author and alleged charlatan - his own website boasts of THREE appearances on 'Oprah' - it just might be possible to witness your own funeral, sadly I believe you have to purchase his book in order to 'get the knowledge' so to speak.
    Life's too short for that type of nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Funerals here tend to follow the same format - die, waked, ceremony, burial/cremation, piss up.

You will have some genuine mourners who are grieving, some who pretend they're grieving, some who go 'to pass themselves', some who go for the piss up and then the handful that attend any funeral they can. The one advantage of seeing your own funeral is that you could then tell with 100% certainly who the genuine people in your life were.

Seeing your own funeral wouldn't fulfill your life though, because it's held after you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'm going to try and have my funeral before I die. Get it out of the way like.

I'll send out nice invitations and be carried up to the altar in a coffin. Then I'll rise dramatically and make a speech.

It'll be a lovely day out. Mostly importantly, there will be cake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just have a fake funeral before you die. That will tug peoples heart strings lol

Advertisement