Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Majority of Israeli jews admit to being racist and pro-apartheid

• 27-10-2012 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Most of the Jewish public in Israel supports the establishment of an apartheid regime in Israel if it formally annexes the West Bank.

A majority also explicitly favors discrimination against the state's Arab citizens, a survey shows.

The survey, conducted by Dialog on the eve of Rosh Hashanah, exposes anti-Arab, ultra-nationalist views espoused by a majority of Israeli Jews.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/survey-most-israeli-jews-would-support-apartheid-regime-in-israel.premium-1.471644

On the one hand Israeli jews cry to the world about being victims while at the same time are happy to be oppressors. It is clearly a sick mentailty.

Well it will be interesting to see if the boards legion of Israel apologists try to defend their racist idols now.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 95 ✭✭Debator

Link can only be read by subscribers to the Haaretz website.

I'd be interested in the exact details of the survey: sample size, exact questions asked etc etc. As you know, surveys can be deliberately misleading and twisted to express a predetermined conclusion by somebody with an axe to grind. Without these details, it's impossible to make a rational comment on the OP. Anything else is just a rant.
    Well it will be interesting to see if the boards legion of Israel apologists try to defend their racist idols now.

Comments like this make me wonder why the OP started the thread. Is it just to troll and rile people? Are you looking for an echo chamber of only posters who agree with you or are disagreements and actual debate allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭cyberhog

Debator wrote: »
    Link can only be read by subscribers to the Haaretz website.

I'd be interested in the exact details of the survey: sample size, exact questions asked etc etc. As you know, surveys can be deliberately misleading and twisted to express a predetermined conclusion by somebody with an axe to grind. Without these details, it's impossible to make a rational comment on the OP. Anything else is just a rant.

Comments like this make me wonder why the OP started the thread. Is it just to troll and rile people? Are you looking for an echo chamber of only posters who agree with you or are disagreements and actual debate allowed?

You just joined boards and this is your first post? pffft

Look whoever you are I'm not interested in discussing this topic with someone who hides behind a shadow account. If you reply to the topic with your real boards username I will provide the details of the survey.

• Site Banned Posts: 95 ✭✭Debator

cyberhog wrote: »
    You just joined boards and this is your first post? pffft

Look whoever you are I'm not interested in discussing this topic with someone who hides behind a shadow account. If you reply to the topic with your real boards username I will provide the details of the survey.

In other words, you will only discuss it with people who agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

exposes anti-Arab, ultra-nationalist views espoused by a majority of Israeli Jews.

FFS, like, I wasn't aware that the Israeli Jews had been trying to HIDE their feelings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

gbee wrote: »
    FFS, like, I wasn't aware that the Israeli Jews had been trying to HIDE their feelings?
    You mean like these Israelis? No of course you dont!
    http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/about/aims/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

cyberhog wrote: »
    Isn't this a little ironic, 'cyberhog', whoever you are?
    As for the poll, subjective findings steered to a point.
    You'd really have to visit to see for yourself that it's hardly that clear cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Right problems with this thread:

First, it's blatantly an attempt to provoke part of the forum. The idea of the whole forum is to debate issues not take shots at each the opposing camp.

Second, the study isn't accessible or linked so the OP's evidence cannot be argued with.

Third, Debator's points were fine but were immediately greeted with a personal attack and accusations of sockpuppetry (and I checked and there's no IP matches to any other account from the Debator account).

Thread locked. If you want a one sided debate cyberhog start a blog. If you want to have threads on here start them with more substantive OPs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement