Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor & Debt Collectors

Options
  • 26-10-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    Was doing the maggot this year in college and dropped out and started working. Thought to myself that since I had the money may aswel get the nicest phone I could get. Job fell through and I'm kinda in a tricky financial situation. Stupidly I ignored the letters from Meteor, changed my sim and carried on using the phone. Today I received the letter from Huge Award saying that I owed 1250. My student loan is due and AIB are on my back to pay, which they have just confirmed has affected my credit rating. I really don't know what I was thinking before and I think i'm only just after waking up to the reality of the situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

murphy085 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Was doing the maggot this year in college and dropped out and started working. Thought to myself that since I had the money may aswel get the nicest phone I could get. Job fell through and I'm kinda in a tricky financial situation. Stupidly I ignored the letters from Meteor, changed my sim and carried on using the phone. Today I received the letter from Huge Award saying that I owed 1250. My student loan is due and AIB are on my back to pay, which they have just confirmed has affected my credit rating. I really don't know what I was thinking before and I think i'm only just after waking up to the reality of the situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Seek some debt advice from your local FLAC (or perhaps someone would have a more pertinent organisation). Don't ignore letters pay what you can and stick to it - even if that is a fiver a week. Don't agree to anything you cant comfortably pay. Your credit rating will recover, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

murphy085 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks

A debt collection agency called "Huge Award"? That's a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Lol now I get it !! Hugh J Ward = Huge Award !! :D

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out and moved to new thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Contact Mabs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement