Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Match Day thread

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

65 after bps :) Delighted, needed a decent week after all those red arrows last week! Nothing but greens this time! another couple of these weeks and ill have made some good ground in my leagues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Pretty decent gameweek! Sitting on 58!

BPs: Mata got 2, Baines got 2, Bale (c) got 2x3, Ba got 2! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

60 points this week, pleased with that. I earned 11 bonus points, surprised Baines got 2.

jebforever wrote: »
    60 points this week, pleased with that. I earned 11 bonus points, surprised Baines got 2.

Considering he had that OG, yes! It's pretty surprising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

JPA wrote: »
    18 bps for me, ha, brilliant.
    17 for me, most i've ever had i'd say.

• Advertisement

How did Suarez still not get a bonus point ?? :mad: He scored a goal and got an assist and had one disallowed ????????????

How did Suarez still not get a bonus point ?? :mad: He scored a goal and got an assist and had one disallowed ????????????

*trollface* Everybody in my leagues captained him! (whoever had him)
    I don't have Suarez so I'm thankful he didn't get that BP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Shots off target did for Suarez, while Baines put in tons of quality, successful crosses, so I'd say that got him the bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Suarez picked up a booking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

JPA wrote: »
    18 bps for me, ha, brilliant.

Same here :D. Brings me up to 74. Probably one of my best BP week ever. Should make me win the monthly prize in my private league. That was really unexpected :eek: !

I think he might have had several shots off target and with the current stupid-statistical BP system he (well you, he doesn't care) got robbed while Baines must have had some important clearances to compensate the unlucky deflection of the OG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

66 Points leaves me inside the top 800 Overall :D My team needs some serious surgery though as I got lucky this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

57 points. Giroud lost his assist but happy with my lot. Was at 90,000 coming into the week and have moved up to 69k.

Happy with my team now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

63 points for me this week,another green arrow,happy days

iroced wrote: »
    Same here :D. Brings me up to 74. Probably one of my best BP week ever. Should make me win the monthly prize in my private league. That was really unexpected :eek: !

I think he might have had several shots off target and with the current stupid-statistical BP system he (well you, he doesn't care) got robbed while Baines must have had some important clearances to compensate the unlucky deflection of the OG.

The only time i have seen suarez get a decent amount of points was when he got a hatrick. It appears he would have to get 2 goals just to get any points. Its making the bonus points system a farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

67 after bonus, of which I managed 11, happy out with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Maybe Suarez is just a bad player? Plays poorly, scores a goal, hence the no BP's. Bear in mind his assist came from an off-target shot. He probably had a few off-target shots and he definitely lost possession a few times. Baines made plenty of crosses, an amount of dribbles and blocks aswell as an assist. Rooney got an OG last week but got the 3 BP's ahead of RVP, he got 1 goal less than him. So obviously OG's don't count for much in the BP system. I don't know about everyone else but I'm starting to figure out this BP system, I could nearly have guessed most of the BP's this week, especially the ones in matches I watched.

I'm up within the top 175k which I'm very happy with considering my poor start. Got 64 last week, got 64 this week. I'll only be very happy with a top 50k spot though so hopefully my good string of weeks continues. It's crazy how much ground can be made too. I was over 500k overall after GW 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

54 points. Not bad going seeing as I'd Cazorla as captain.

I'm up into the top 7,000 of the world. Don't believe I've ever been this highly placed before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FatRat wrote: »
    Maybe Suarez is just a bad player? Plays poorly, scores a goal, hence the no BP's. Bear in mind his assist came from an off-target shot. He probably had a few off-target shots and he definitely lost possession a few times. Baines made plenty of crosses, an amount of dribbles and blocks aswell as an assist. Rooney got an OG last week but got the 3 BP's ahead of RVP, he got 1 goal less than him. So obviously OG's don't count for much in the BP system. I don't know about everyone else but I'm starting to figure out this BP system, I could nearly have guessed most of the BP's this week, especially the ones in matches I watched.

Suarez is obviously not a bad player, the problem is the BP system is all about statistics and percentages. Attempting 5 dribbles and completing 4 is better than attempting 10 and completing 5.
    Taking 1 shot and scoring it is better than taking 5 shots and scoring 1 even though, the player in question, Suarez for example, could be the focal point of all of his teams attacks and causing mayhem.

It's still a flawed system, no 2 ways about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

45 points:( Considering I had 10 on Saturday night it's not too bad.Only saw Defoe's assist this morning,sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

56, so finally seeing green arrows for the first time in 5 GWs thanks to eventually getting a captaincy correct in Tevez and Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

A shocking 47 points for me. My captaincy has saved my ass the past 5 weeks and all it's doing is papering over the cracks. I can't keep relying on getting it right cause eventually it'll start going against me. My defence is a shambles at the minute and needs sorting pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

55 in the end. took a 4 point hit to get torres and wilson in......... torres gets sent off for -1 and i get 1 point from wilson who gets injured before he gets his clean sheet. went with cazorla (c) too, could have been worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Finished with 67, and after my 71 last week I'm back in contention in most of my leagues. Happy with how things are going at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Amazingly the BP's only knocked me back 100 places, sitting pretty at 4,600th.

Had I not captained Cazorla the last 2 weeks I can't see how I'd be out of the top 1,000 but can't complain, will surely get it right this week.

RVP or Tevez to deliver...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

43rd in the world :D

nosebleed territory, and needless to say I've never been anywhere near that sort of placing in my 3 years of doing this.

hilarious.

i'm worried about Ba and Berba though with news of their injuries...though obviously Berba played on and scored.

subbing Cazorla for Bale and captaining him made up for my brainfart of taking the captaincy off VP the previous week and putting it on Cazorla.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

54 despite captaining Aguero.

Still hovering around 20k. Well ahead of where I normally am at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

FutureGuy wrote: »
    54 despite captaining Aguero.

Still hovering around 20k. Well ahead of where I normally am at this stage of the season.

I'm 31,000th. I'm not sure what to think about it.

Last year I was way down around 2/300k at this stage but I made up all the ground between Christmas and March.

If I keep improving at the rate I do then I'll be in the top 100 by New Years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm 31,000th. I'm not sure what to think about it.

Last year I was way down around 2/300k at this stage but I made up all the ground between Christmas and March.

If I keep improving at the rate I do then I'll be in the top 100 by New Years.

Over the first half of the season, some poor players will be streets ahead of better players simply because they had a rush of good fortune. Most of these players will fall by the wayside as they get their expected dose of bad luck (things not going their way).

Once I am on and around the 300k mark around by gw9, I'm quite satisfied. Even if some players are 80-100 points ahead of me in my leagues, I don't panic. I just keep doing what I'm doing. Good players essentially make their own good luck in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »

Over the first half of the season, some poor players will be streets ahead of better players simply because they had a rush of good fortune. Most of these players will fall by the wayside as they get their expected dose of bad luck (things not going their way).

Once I am on and around the 300k mark around by gw9, I'm quite satisfied. Even if some players are 80-100 points ahead of me in my leagues, I don't panic. I just keep doing what I'm doing. Good players essentially make their own good luck in this game.

Couldn't agree more with the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Catching the good players who've also had that bit of luck is a trickier prospect though.

Advertisement