Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Vs Liverpool 28.10.12 KO 13:30pm (Sky Sports 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Paully D wrote: »
    Mike Riley, the referees' chief, thought enough of it to warn him about his comments:

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/soccer/premier-league/rodgers-told-to-lay-off-referees-1.1412427#.UI0hA8UxpSQ

From manchester mike? Don't make me laugh.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I have no confidence at all with Everton today.

If in the first minute their keeper got sent off, and was replaced with Jonjo Shelvey, we'd find a way to screw it up. I'd settle for a 0-0 and no injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Liverpool Team

Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Suarez, Suso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

Liverpool are unbeaten in their last three Premier League games (W2, D1), marking their longest run in 2012.

This stat is shocking. Time to really put a run together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

ollie1 wrote: »
    Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Suarez, Suso

Team doing the rounds is this one but it isn't right according to Jimmy Rice.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Severe lack of Assaidi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Liverpool Team

Would have liked Assaidi to start in place of Suso but sure...still up there with the strongest 11 we can field minus Lucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Voltwad wrote: »
    I have no confidence at all with Everton today.

If in the first minute their keeper got sent off, and was replaced with Jonjo Shelvey, we'd find a way to screw it up. I'd settle for a 0-0 and no injuries.

It's about time we showed what we are capable of in a derby. There's been something lacking in our last few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That line up is pish according to Jimmy Rice (local scribbler)

• Advertisement

Jones, Enrique, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

subs Reina, Carragher, Shelvey, Coates, Downing, Henderson, Assaidi.

(so it was nearly right!)

Glen Jo not fit to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Johnson is out. ****!

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

mike65 wrote: »
    That line up is pish according to Jimmy Rice (local scribbler)

For the official website isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Johnson is out. ****e.

Lumbo wrote: »
    It's about time we showed what we are capable of in a derby. There's been something lacking in our last few games.
    Recently it's seemed to me that Liverpool have wanted it more. That has to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ah ****e

• Advertisement

Johnson missing is a huge blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

gerryo777 wrote: »

From manchester mike? Don't make me laugh.....
    From Manchester Mike?
    Don't make everybody laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Jones keeping his place is an interesting one. He's looked good in the last 2 games without being tested too much. A good game today and he's putting the pressure on Pepe. A good thing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Reina on bench.

Interesting

Everton

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Jelavic, Mirallas, Naismith, Distin, Neville, Osman, Coleman, Fellaini

subs Mucha, Heitinga, Hibbert, Oviedo, Hitzlsperger, Gueye, Vellios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Assaidi is the only "game changer" on the bench. Suarez needs to have a great game, if he's off form we're shagged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

1-1.

Possibly 2-1, Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Big test as well for Enrique today. hasn't been too good for most of the year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think it will be a 1-1 draw. Both teams in form so I think they will cancel each other out.
    Johnson out is a huge blow tho.

Excited by Baines v Wisdom. Should be plenty for him down that side of the pitch today, even without Pienaar.

Very strange seeing number 25 on the bench! Hope Jonesy does well...not just for the club, but be nice to see a bit of pressure put on Reina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wonder is it Neville or Coleman at Rb ? If its Neville it looks like Fellani could be be playing deeper than normal .

Enricky gets an awful tough going over. Still a very good LB in my opinion...solid as a rock on the ball. Some errors, but that last day he brought some danger to the left flank. When it goes from Johnson to Enriky on the left, its actually not a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Enrique.....

vader.jpg

Enrique.....

vader.jpg

FFS....he's hardly Andy Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm no sure how much of a loss Johnson is in this game, anytime I've watched Everton the majority of their attacking threat comes from the left with Baines and Pienaar, they rarely attack from the right. Maybe that might change a bit with Pienaar suspended but I don't think they're that strong down the right anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jones, Enrique and Wisdom in our back five worries me greatly tbh. One of them, with the regulars, and I would be confident. Not all three.

Johnson is a massive, massive loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Turtyturd wrote: »
    FFS....he's hardly Andy Carroll.

The man's been consistently dirt since January, I thought this was common knowledge? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Reina on the bench? Very strange. If he's fit enough to make the bench he should be starting surely?

Johnson out is a blow... Time for Enrique to step up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Blatter wrote: »
    I'm no sure how much of a loss Johnson is in this game, anytime I've watched Everton the majority of their attacking threat comes from the left with Baines and Pienaar, they rarely attack from the right. Maybe that might change a bit with Pienaar suspended but I don't think they're that strong down the right anyway.

It's more what Johnson gives going forward that will be missed today.

The man's been consistently dirt since January, I thought this was common knowledge? ;)

I wouldn't say dirt, his form did dip after a really bright start but I think people are jumping on the bandwagon about how bad he is because 'The Rodgers' doesn't seem to rate him. He made a nice contribution when he came on last week so hopefully he can build on that and return to form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Leiva wrote: »
    It's more what Johnson gives going forward that will be missed today.

Yeah, that'll be a loss alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Can't really find a formation that I'm comfortable with using those players :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

IS Feider Linn

• Advertisement

Say his name and he shall appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Really looking forward to this. I see the media were saying Everton have a better team atm. I think we have a far superior good squad today. We have a few options from the bench :)
    Liverpool to win this. YNWA

If Fellaini plays like we know he can I'll be somewhat confident, just hope he decides to turn it on today and not let the game pass him by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Liverpool to edge this.

Fellaini to be sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just seen Mr Moyes pre match interview. What a whinger on about the refs to be strong today, etc. He really grates me :(

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Liverpool to edge this.

Fellaini to be sent off.

On ignore for the duration of the match.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sterling to score, From pretty central position ,To the keepers right,
    Early in game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

steven gerard first to score 8/1

money back if peno scored

Pool to win by 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Downing hatrick.

Just seen Mr Moyes pre match interview. What a whinger on about the refs to be strong today, etc. He really grates me :(

It's all mind games. We've had some putrid decisions against us in recent years against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Good to see Sheedy up and about.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement