Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Away

Options
  • 27-10-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

A place we should be going to and winning if we want to contend for that 4th spot, I'd like to see us go there and attack in a 442, but I'd imagine it will be the regular 4231 with Lloris Walker Caulker Gallas Vert Sandro Dembele Bale Lennon Dempsey Defoe. I'd love to see Adebayor start and score to get him going. I fancy us to win well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Hatch99 wrote: »
    A place we should be going to and winning if we want to contend for that 4th spot, I'd like to see us go there and attack in a 442, but I'd imagine it will be the regular 4231 with Lloris Walker Caulker Gallas Vert Sandro Dembele Bale Lennon Dempsey Defoe. I'd love to see Adebayor start and score to get him going. I fancy us to win well.

I agree. Play 4-4-2 and attack with Ade and Defoe up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

I wouldnt mind seeing 442 but I thinck 4231 works fine once Dembele is playing deep, we seem to struggle when he isnt playing there and we lack creativity, hoping Walker starts to pull up his socks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Our record against the Saints is not too good I believe,still we should have enough quality to beat them tomorrow. 2-0 will do us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Should be aiming to outclass them completely, just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Any word on line ups lads?

Fancy Bale to shine and be doing the cradle rock celebration at some point.

Frustrating first half expected with us taking it up a notch in second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Seillejet wrote: »
    Any word on line ups lads?

Just got a text from Andre ;) , team is Lloris Walker Gallas Caulker Vert Livermore Sandro Bale Lennon Dembele Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Think you influenced the selection Hatch!! Good man :) portugeezer going for it. Three points a must with the Everton and Unireh game today.

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jesus I'd love to see Lloris & Ade starting and Dempsey on the bench, don't even care about the formation :pac:

I reckon it'll be a tough game today, much harder than some on here think it will anyway! These are the types of teams we so regularly drop points against so tbh I'd take the scrappiest of 1-0 wins with a goal scored off the arse of Caulker..

Team today Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Verthongen, Bale, Sandro, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Lennon, Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

I hate the combination of Sandro and TH playing the two deep mid roles, we look lethargic in our play with out Dembele linking the play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Wheres Dembele gone? I quite like the team otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Also concerned to see Dembele out, I hope it's not the case but i feel we might struggle without him, Thudd has not impressed so far this season. Hope Ade gets a good run aswell i'd like to see him score he needs to get his season going.

Also concerned to see Dembele out, I hope it's not the case but i feel we might struggle without him, Thudd has not impressed so far this season. Hope Ade gets a good run aswell i'd like to see him score he needs to get his season going.

Dembele and Ade not in the squad. Both must be injured still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is this match on TV?

Dembele and Ade not in the squad. Both must be injured still

I figured Dembele was injured, but i think he'll still be sorely missed. We really lack some creative cover in the middle of the park, what's the subs bench does anybody know?

Subs: Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Livermore, Townsend, Falque, Sigurdsson.

I figured Dembele was injured, but i think he'll still be sorely missed. We really lack some creative cover in the middle of the park, what's the subs bench does anybody know?

Subs: Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Sigurdson, Falque, Livermore, Townsend

snap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great, so our creativity through the middle is gone and we're slow as ****e as well - brilliant. Unless Bale and Lennon play really well today I can't see a win. It should also be easy enough for Southampton to nulify the threat on the wings by double marking both Lennon and Bale as I can't see any goals or creative sparks coming through the middle.

Mr Lloris isn't going to be happy either.

Im predicting we struggle to a 2-1 with a great individual effort from bale to seal the win late on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Is this match on TV?

no i dont think so but loads of streams here:

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

Im hoping for 3 points but wont hold my breath:( after out toothless 1st half & in general sloppyness at back & even worse our strikers couldnt hit a barn door lately..esp in chelsea game:mad:

coys..defoe hattrick my usual hope:cool:

What a goal by Bale

Great finish Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

He attacked the ball in the air superbly and put it away with a great header.

<3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well taken by Bale. Great cross as well by Hudd.

2 bad attempts by Defoe already. I know he scores, but he'd want to with the amount of chances he gets.

Defoe seems to have left the ol shooting boots at home

Please prove me wrong!

That's two Defoe has missed, greedy fcuker doesn't even look up to see who's around him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

defoe/dempsey! about fooking time lol

Nice. Defoe should've buried that. Dempsey needed a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good half time lead,no slipping up now keep the pressure on.

Advertisement