Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

2-0 up at half time i'll take that esp considering i was a bit pessimistic beforehand, we seem well in control, Thudd has even looked like a player again at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Pretty poor twice by brad. Walker piss poor too

10 more mins of this sh1te left...I can see southhampton nicking a late winner the way we are so all over the place...cant string 3 pases together......only jan is doing himself & the team justice/

• Advertisement

full time 3 unlikely points in the bag & up to 4th place :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

davycc wrote: »
    full time 3 unlikely points in the bag & up to 4th place :-)

Phew!! Jerky stream, slow updates on the BBC so I was waiting for your update and it was a good one!! Very decent 3 points and up to 4th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lucky to hold out in the end,very poor 2nd half from Spurs but 3pts in the bag all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

A game of two halves again, seems to be pretty standard these days for us.

Sandro was MOTM for me, he broke the play up really well. The verdict is still out on TH and Livermore didnt do much when he came on. Defoe had an off day for sure, hope Ade will be back soon at least for some competition up front. Walker was good going forward making bursting runs but poor again defensive wise. Disappointed with Vert a couple of times, hes top class but when he made a few forward runs and lost the ball he didnt track back forcing Bale into the left full position, I understand they rotate as they are on the same wing but when you lose the ball you have to track back. 3 points up or down and hopefully another 3 against Wigan. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

We were really hanging on it the end. Thankfully we managed to keep hold of the 3 points, was really nervous for a while there towards the end!

Sandro is a beast, love that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

3 points, but again the same old story. It`s worrying me why we can`t seem to play well over 90 minutes. First half we dominated, but lets be honest, Southampton were piss poor. 2nd half they up`d there game and we we`re not at the races at all. This has been the story now for a long time, in fact if you look back at all our league fixtures this season its the same pattern. We`ve been riding our luck all season. Granted we have a few players out injured but I can`t see where we have progressed this season. I feel we`re going backwards if i`m honest.

We were piss in the second half, can't complain coz we're up to fourth, but im worried by just how poor we've been at times lately. Our first XL still looks very strong but when we're missing a few players we're nothing.

I think apart from our wingers we're weak in attack. Defoe is getting goals but he's still not really a lone striker and he was awful today while Siggy and Dempsey don't look anything like the players I was expecting. Take in Walker's poor form and it does look like we're going backwards.

I think we def need to strengthen in January and i hope we do because despite all these problems we're not far either from a very, very good side.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Without modric and vdv we are lacking intelligent technical players. Gylfi Usless-son and Dempsey are really poor replacements There is no creativity in this team. Dembele is the only 1 and without him we are relying too much on pace and power. We need a moutinho or willian in january i don't care how much they cost just get em in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think any point I can make has already been made. As mentioned, our squad strength is worrying. We need a back-up attacking midfielder to cover for dembele. Also, another striker to cover for Adebayor.... Defoe isn't the solution for a 4-5-1. Those these changes won't happen until January.

On a positive note, Sandro has really shone this season. He's really making that centre midfield position his own.

Also, I think it's been mentioned many times before that we haven't played well for a full 90 mins - not bad for a team sitting fourth, five points off the top. When things start clicking we'll hopefully tear a couple of teams up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

A good result. 3 points away is a good result for us anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I think any point I can make has already been made. As mentioned, our squad strength is worrying. We need a back-up attacking midfielder to cover for dembele. Also, another striker to cover for Adebayor.... Defoe isn't the solution for a 4-5-1. Those these changes won't happen until January.

On a positive note, Sandro has really shone this season. He's really making that centre midfield position his own.

Also, I think it's been mentioned many times before that we haven't played well for a full 90 mins - not bad for a team sitting fourth, five points off the top. When things start clicking we'll hopefully tear a couple of teams up.[/QUOTE]

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

smooock.gif

What a hero.

89th minute block.

And he's right back up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sandro is some man !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Also, I think it's been mentioned many times before that we haven't played well for a full 90 mins - not bad for a team sitting fourth, five points off the top. When things start clicking we'll hopefully tear a couple of teams up.

Nicely put.
    Happy with the win after the crap on Thursday.
    If we spend a few quid in January, we could go well this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    Sandro is some man !

He's some man for one man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone else impressed with Lennon? Thought he was good and the team played some nice stuff in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone else impressed with Lennon? Thought he was good and the team played some nice stuff in the first half.

Yep, I think he's been good all season, we just don't purr without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If we spend a few quid in January, we could go well this season.

You could write about us that any season :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Only saw the highlights yesterday, from what I saw he played some lovely passes, linking up well with Walker again too...

Looked like Defoe spurned a hatful of chances?

yiddo59 wrote: »
    You could write about us that any season :D;)

Very true. Gives me a pain in the behind when you think of the money we have made over the last couple of years and not spent it. Imagine we went out and spent 40m on 2 top players...:eek:

Very true. Gives me a pain in the behind when you think of the money we have made over the last couple of years and not spent it. Imagine we went out and spent 40m on 2 top players...:eek:

Well we can only imagine with levy at the helm ;)

On the general point its very hard to get real quality in the January window.

On the general point its very hard to get real quality in the January window.

All depends on who your after ;)

All depends on who your after ;)

someone whos'not Saha, Ryan Nelson or Ricardo Rocha would do me :D

someone whos'not Saha, Ryan Nelson or Ricardo Rocha would do me :D

Those days are gone...I hope..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think we have more chance of doing it this season than any other... If Levy truly believes in the AVB revolution and can already see that he is getting the results, then he might just support him in the transfer market.

I personally think two players are vital - a box to box playmaker to compete with, and cover for, Dembele and a striker.

Moutinho and Loic Remy anyone?! :)

Advertisement