Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Away

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think we have more chance of doing it this season than any other... If Levy truly believes in the AVB revolution and can already see that he is getting the results, then he might just support him in the transfer market.

I personally think two players are vital - a box to box playmaker to compete with, and cover for, Dembele and a striker.

Moutinho and Loic Remy anyone?! :)

2 Fine suggestions, but something still tells me we have no hope of getting them in Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

not sure remy is the answer, his goal scoring ratio is not great.

Mouthino isnt really a box to box player, more like an attacking CM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    not sure remy is the answer, his goal scoring ratio is not great.

I wasn't mad about Remy when we were first linked to him either. Though his goal scoring record is not far off 1 in 2. That's not bad for a guy who can also play on the wing. I think he'd be a good fit in the wide positions of AVB's 4-5-1/4-3-3.

As for Moutinho, I think he'd play the Dembele role well. We basically needs someone to play alongside Sandro/Parker.

Though, as Hatch says, the chances of getting either in Jan are slim.

Advertisement