Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Anyone considering any QPR attackers as they have decent fixtures? Thinking of bringing in Hoilet or Taarabt for Nolan but don't know whos the best option ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sacramento wrote: »
    Any love for Fletcher this week? Thinking of binning Podolski for him.

I have him but probably shipping him out next week. After tomorrow, their fixture list looks bleak in terms of goal scoring potential for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fizman wrote: »
    Chances are both will go down over the next few days but Wilson is out for a longer period so that would make my mind up.
    Yeah, hopefully Demel won't drop until next gameweek so I can make the second change then.

Transferring <4.5 million defenders are the worst transfers.

I had no Man City coverage this week, couldn't afford Tevez, but with Cuellar looking out I brought in Zabaleta for Gibbs - bit risky, but hopefully he'll play (and score)!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dónal wrote: »
    I had no Man City coverage this week, couldn't afford Tevez, but with Cuellar looking out I brought in Zabaleta for Gibbs - bit risky, but hopefully he'll play (and score)!

Say what now?

• Advertisement

I have him but probably shipping him out next week. After tomorrow, their fixture list looks bleak in terms of goal scoring potential for a while.

Hmmm, Ok, well if I was to give Podolski the boot, who would you guys recommend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

keano_afc wrote: »
    Say what now?

He's a doubt with a hamstring. I'd say it's 50:50 but I reckon he wont be risked.

I think Jenkinson to Nelsen this evening. Cheap, cheerful and decent hope of a cleanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Mata is up on the site as having a 25% chance of playing, Di matteo said he was "very doubtful", Real spanner in the works when I was planning just to bench Ba and still have to get rid of jenkinson and cuellar is doubtful aswell :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Mata out Hazard in.

Anything to be said for bringing Suarez in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Very good chance that Tevez won't start against West Ham imo. I can see Mancini wanting to play him in the Champions League.

Could easily be two from Aguero/Balotelli/Dzeko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Blatter wrote: »
    Very good chance that Tevez won't start against West Ham imo. I can see Mancini wanting to play him in the Champions League.

If that is the case i am fucked.... proper fucked! Already took a points hit bringing Tevez in and now Mata's injured! Ughhh... i just want this GW to be over already! Need Bale, Fletcher and RVP to score hat-tricks:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Blatter wrote: »

I won't be happy, brought in Tevez for Ba this week.

And with Mata probably being benched I may have to rely on Nolan and Clark (who may still be out injured). Demel is 100% out.

Might check the team news tomorrow, if Tevez isn't playing might need to take a 4 point hit and upgrade Demel to a Stoke defender. Haven't taken a 4 point hit yet but in this case it would likely only work out as a 2 point deduction as you would expect to normally pick up 2 points for a defender. If I'm guaranteed 0 from Clark then i may look into taking a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Ah this game is great craic - had to get mata in earlier in the week to afford him.

Him, Demel, Wilson and Guthrie all now injured. So may be playing with 10.

clichy better play or it could be 9. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

iMuse wrote: »
    Mata is up on the site as having a 25% chance of playing, Di matteo said he was "very doubtful", Real spanner in the works when I was planning just to bench Ba and still have to get rid of jenkinson and cuellar is doubtful aswell :mad:

Oh No, looks like Mata is out! eek.png
    and Luiz
    So a first start for Cesar then and Ivan at CB

Chelsea look set to be without key duo Juan Mata and David Luiz for Saturday's trip to Swansea, but Ashley Cole should return. Mata and Luiz picked up hamstring and ankle injuries respectively against Manchester United in midweek as 120 minutes of Cup football took its toll on the duo.
    The absence of both players could leave the European champions short in attack and defence at the Liberty Stadium, but Roberto Di Matteo does have some good news.
    Cole, who missed out against United with an ankle knock, should be fit enough to return, while Fernando Torres and Branislav Ivanovic are back from suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Worth taking a 4 point hit to get bring in Hazard for Mata? Already done Jenkinson to Nelson last night to avoid losing .1 on Jenk. I'd be playing with 10 men if Cuellar doesn't play. So i'd need at least a goal to justify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata is out :eek:

Since when?

Mata is out :eek:

Since when?

Announced about 2 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/264357484305739776

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Feck sake!

The only player on my bench not injured is Dyer

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Feck sake!

The only player on my bench not injured is Dyer

Lucky you.I've know got S.Taylor (Not starting), Demel, C. Clark, Mata, Klananic and Ba either not starting or injured + my free sub for the week has been done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Great,just great-took a 4 point hit to get him in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

zerks wrote: »
    Great,just great-took a 4 point hit to get him in.

Hammy's usually take 2-3 weeks to completely heal. I know cause I've had one. Mata's going to be out for atleast that much. Not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

just brought mata in , and now his injured. damn

Is there anyone else left here who hasn't actually made a transfer this GW? If so, what are ye looking at? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Is there anyone else left here who hasn't actually made a transfer this GW? If so, what are ye looking at? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger now.

I haven't yet but I have Jenkinson, Demel, Clark, Mata and Ba so I've no idea what to do. Just read Clark is fit so will probably just dump Jenkinson for Cameron or Nelsen and hope one of Ba or Mata plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I haven't yet but I have Jenkinson, Demel, Clark, Mata and Ba so I've no idea what to do. Just read Clark is fit so will probably just dump Jenkinson for Cameron or Nelsen and hope one of Ba or Mata plays.

I have a feeling Clark will be back alright. I think he was actually ok for the League cup game midweek, but they didn't want to risk him. I have him too and need him to play (I have Ba and Kacanaklic who may or may not play).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Im thinking of getting Mata out (bought for 9.2 - currently 9.4) for Bale
    What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Im thinking of getting Mata out (bought for 9.2 - currently 9.4) for Bale
    What do you think?

Probably worth it if you're only going to lose 0.1 on him as Mata will drop by next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Thinking of dumping Santi corzola for Bale? Am I mad? How long will Mata be out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Is a 4-point hit worth it at this stage? I'll have 11 playing and I'd be taking a hit for Nelsen or some sort of defender. I'm also looking at Gaston Ramirez at the moment as he's back from injury, him in for Nolan for a 4-pointer? I don't fancy Nolan to do anything in the next few weeks and Ramirez has great fixtures coming up.

Whats the general idea everyone has? Take a 4-point hit or stick it out with a weak 11?

Advertisement