Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. There are plenty of decent striker options available - Berba, Ba, Fletcher, Jelavic, Long - who are all less than 8.5 million and who I'd favour over Crouch.

currently have lambert and crouch is only one in similiar price bracket..maybe long..other than that id have to downgrade someone in the midfield for an 8- mil striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

km79 wrote: »
    I just did that :D
    Valencia is going to hit form I can just feel it !!!

Valencia could be risky, but defo a great fantasy player when he plays....
    fergie could easily opt for the diamond next weekend..

personally i think he will play next week to exploit arsenals terrible terrible left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

km79 wrote: »
    I just did that :D
    Valencia is going to hit form I can just feel it !!!

He is on form really. He has 4 assist in his past 4 starts. He will keep his spot and based on last year, he'll get returns in nearly every game. United are scoring freely these days. Having just RVP isn't taking enough advantage of them. 8.6 million too. The thing is aswell is that barely no one is even considering him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FatRat wrote: »

He is on form really. He has 4 assist in his past 4 starts. He will keep his spot and based on last year, he'll get returns in nearly every game. United are scoring freely these days. Having just RVP isn't taking enough advantage of them. 8.6 million too. The thing is aswell is that barely no one is even considering him.
    Ssshhhhh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cazorla out, Bale in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Berba and ba are injured, fletcher is overpriced/rated and hasn't scored in his last 3, jelavic is even more over priced and has only scored the same as crouch and long isn't a guaranteed starter.

games against norwich, qpr, west ham and fulham =

crouch%20robot.gif

News of how long Ba and Berba will miss has yet to be confirmed. I think Fletcher will score more than Crouch over the course of the season. I also think Jelavic will. Crouch has only scored more than Jelavic because Jelavic missed some games through injury.

I'd work Walters into my team before I'd have Crouch. He wasn't even prolific at Spurs where he had a superb midfield behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Everybody that has Ba should sell him pls thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Lemlin wrote: »
    News of how long Ba and Berba will miss has yet to be confirmed. I think Fletcher will score more than Crouch over the course of the season. I also think Jelavic will. Crouch has only scored more than Jelavic because Jelavic missed some games through injury.

I'd work Walters into my team before I'd have Crouch. He wasn't even prolific at Spurs where he had a superb midfield behind him.
    people arent putting crouchy in cause they plan to have him for the season *facepalm* it for the next 2/3 games and "if" he hits a good run you never know. btw fletcher has a out of sorts team behind him so no goals there, long doesnt play enough, lambert doesnt play enough either. so on the basis of that crouchy is an obvious choice. stoke are due so luck and its gunna happen this weekend.

also kightly is a better option the walters......just sayin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Finally have enough to get RVP in :D

He's such a necessity in the game it's a joke! I'm so far behind because I didn't have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

be careful out there, the trend might change:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I might have to take a 4 point hit to get Tevez back in. I'm very scared of what he might do against West Ham.

What's Ba's injury like? I could do Ba -> Tevez for free, although I would lose at least 0.1 on the move if I want to bring Ba back in 2 weeks. . Then again Tevez goes up tonight and Ba has an away game against Liverpool so making the move tonight could be right.

I also want to give Fletcher one last chance at home to Villa.

Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

roryc wrote: »
    I might have to take a 4 point hit to get Tevez back in. I'm very scared of what he might do against West Ham.

What's Ba's injury like? I could do Ba -> Tevez for free, although I would lose at least 0.1 on the move if I want to bring Ba back in 2 weeks. . Then again Tevez goes up tonight and Ba has an away game against Liverpool so making the move tonight could be right.

I also want to give Fletcher one last chance at home to Villa.

Decisions decisions.
    Ba injury is a nerve problem http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-striker-demba-ba-to-undergo-scan-8231217.html

nothing serious but could be a doubt for Liverpool

Fletcher or Tevez for next week? I'm aware that Tevez might go up tonight. Could get Tevez in but it'd involve swapping Riise for Baird with a point hit. I'm considering swapping Riise and Baird this week and then Tevez for Fletcher next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

First weekend to break the 60 point mark ... delighted :).. off the bottom of the boards.ie league for the first time :pac: any thoughts on bringing either Jack Wilshere or James Morrison in for Gervinho?

Dónal wrote: »
    Fletcher or Tevez for next week? I'm aware that Tevez might go up tonight. Could get Tevez in but it'd involve swapping Riise for Baird with a point hit. I'm considering swapping Riise and Baird this week and then Tevez for Fletcher next week.

I'm happy keeping Fletcher for one more week, he has a chance at home against Villa. Tevez could score really big against West Ham though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ive already used my free transfer this week to bring Bale in for Cazorla! Its not a move ive taken lightly, i do genuinely think Cazorla is a fantastic player and will more then likely do well over the course of the season but Arsenal have been poor recently and Bale seems to have found a bit of form so the move made sense to me!

..anyway, made this transfer before Ba got injured so looking at my bench of Clyne, Kacanklic and McCartney the thoughts of replacing a striker who scores well to one of these next week dosn't inspire confidence in another decent score! Wondering if i should take a points hit and bring in Sterling for Kacanklic seeing as im going to bring him at some point anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

p.oconnor wrote: »
    First weekend to break the 60 point mark ... delighted :).. off the bottom of the boards.ie league for the first time :pac: any thoughts on bringing either Jack Wilshere or James Morrison in for Gervinho?
    avoid all arsenal players till they figure out how to score

Morrison is a good shout, maybe kightly or oscar if you cant get/dont have mata or hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

If Ba is more than 1 gw out...

Ba-> Tevez
    Cazorla-> Pienaar or Fellaini

Is this worth of point hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

swoody wrote: »
    avoid all arsenal players till they figure out how to score

Morrison is a good shout, maybe kightly or oscar if you cant get/dont have mata or hazard

What about Michu I wonder? .... I know they have some hard games coming up but he should have scored twice against city and creates a lot of chances.

If Ba is more than 1 gw out...

Ba-> Tevez
    Cazorla-> Pienaar or Fellaini

Is this worth of point hit?

Can you afford Ba to Tevez on its own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

roryc wrote: »
    Can you afford Ba to Tevez on its own?

Unfortunately no. Should I dump Cazorla anyway for Morrisson or Pienaar? Or should i give him last chance against United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I need to get rid of Lambert who has done nothing since I bought him. Thinking Shane Long would be a decent third striker. He's averaging 4 points a game and has some decent fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I need to get rid of Lambert who has done nothing since I bought him. Thinking Shane Long would be a decent third striker. He's averaging 4 points a game and has some decent fixtures coming up.

WBA are decent especially at home.Could be a nice differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Wilson getting injured has really messed things up for me. Especially as I got him in on Friday night.

Ok so, even though I have a good few weeks I think my team is a bit of a mess. Plaayers that had good fixtures are catching up on me and now they have bad fixtures and need to be removed. I have Nolan, Williams, Reid, Guthrie and Cazorla that I think all need replacing sooner rather than later. I'm thinking I'll take a 4-pointer this week with:

Williams -> Shawcross
    Cazorla -> Valencia

I can see Shawcross keeping a clean sheet and I'm gonna have to get him eventually anyway with the fixtures he has. Same goes for Valenica, I'm fed up with Cazorla and Valencia will do serious damage in the coming weeks, starting next week against Arsenal where i think Cazorla will draw another blank. Still a bit iffy about it though, never liked taking 4-pointers for defenders.

I'd stay away from Long and Morrison. Long didn't start the last day with Lukaku putting in a good shift and Morrison was moved to a deeper and didn't get in on any of the action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

p.oconnor wrote: »

What about Michu I wonder? .... I know they have some hard games coming up but he should have scored twice against city and creates a lot of chances.

Well he started up front and looked the part. With that in mind and his goal scoring record in mind, i think it's worth keeping him. I'd still fancy him to bring in a few points even through the difficult fixtures, and in between and after there are some considerably more favorable fixtures, so i really don't think it's worth getting rid of him over a few tough fixtures, like you said he could easily have notched a goal or two away to the league champions, also if you dump him with a view to getting him back in you'll most likely be losing out financially... and we all know how important it is to get the most out of your budget. Not even close to thinking of getting rid of him, even if he fails to score/assist v Chelsea. It's a marathon, not a race, this game. And transfers have to be managed wisely, alongside your budget. Keep him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FatRat wrote: »
    Ok so, even though I have a good few weeks I think my team is a bit of a mess. Plaayers that had good fixtures are catching up on me and now they have bad fixtures and need to be removed. I have Nolan, Williams, Reid, Guthrie and Cazorla that I think all need replacing sooner rather than later. I'm thinking I'll take a 4-pointer this week with:

Williams -> Shawcross
    Cazorla -> Valencia

I can see Shawcross keeping a clean sheet and I'm gonna have to get him eventually anyway with the fixtures he has. Same goes for Valenica, I'm fed up with Cazorla and Valencia will do serious damage in the coming weeks, starting next week against Arsenal where i think Cazorla will draw another blank. Still a bit iffy about it though, never liked taking 4-pointers for defenders.

I was going to go with Cameron as my Stoke defender but just noticed there that Shawcross got the three bonus points as well the last day. He's looking like a must have now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was going to go with Cameron as my Stoke defender but just noticed there that Shawcross got the three bonus points as well the last day. He's looking like a must have now.

Brought him in along with Mata.Stoke are usually solid at the back & 5m isn't too bad considering all the 'big boys' are conceding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

He didnt start at the weekend....

Advertisement