Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who's most likely to benefit from Wilson's injury for Stoke? Wilkinson a good buy instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Do you reckon slotting Lukaku in instead would be worth a shot? Was just thinking Long might get a run out against Southampton. Lukaku may be a good shout though.. :)
    You'd have to ask Steve Clarke that. :D I've no idea which player he'll start, one thing I can tell you is he won't start the two of them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

You'd have to ask Steve Clarke that. :D I've no idea which player he'll start, one thing I can tell you is he won't start the two of them together.
    Ha true , could go either way. unless you have another sure option in around that price range that may get a couple of cheeky points in? :pac:

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Ha true , could go either way. unless you have another sure option in around that price range that may get a couple of cheeky points in? :pac:
    Crouch

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Used my wildcard last night, this is what I came up with.

ivgv1z.jpg

IMO it's either Cole or Baines at the back, you shouldn't have both. Too much money tied up in defence, especially when you consider the abscence of CS's this season. Instead I would downgrade one of them and upgrade Sterling. I wouldn't be happy starting Sterling week in week out. Tevez,Crouch,Defoe...I can't really make my mind up of what to make of that front 3. Crouch, nice fixtures but will he find the back of the net many times, I'm just not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

manual_man wrote: »
    Sagna could be worth a look, now he's back. They've got United next, but after that have some pretty decent fixtures

Good shout actually. And probably a better option going forward than Caulker from an assists point of view.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ivgv1z.jpg

I would completely scrap that defense tbh apart from Baines. It's too bloated (about 3m too expensive) and I don't like either Baird or Fox at all. Southampton are absolutely hopeless at the back.

Your midfield is pretty weak because of the extra money in your defense. Marveaux out asap, prefderably for someone that rotates with Sterling (Perhaps Pienaar). You have Stoke cover with Begovic.

Honestly, your forward line looks ok but I think RVP is essential for the next 10 gws. However, unless you drop one of your top midfielders or get rid of Baines and either Crouch or Defoe, you won't afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Teams looking in nice shape this week after a 4 point hit last week so I won't need to make any transfers.

One hard decision to make though.

1 of the following has to drop to the bench. Advice welcome:

Ben Arfa - Liverpool (A)
    Sterling - Newcastle (H)
    Fletcher - Villa (H)
    Michu - Chelsea (H)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Morzadec wrote: »
    Teams looking in nice shape this week after a 4 point hit last week so I won't need to make any transfers.

Ben Arfa - Liverpool (A)
    Sterling - Newcastle (H)
    Fletcher - Villa (H)
    Michu - Chelsea (H)

Ben Arfa or Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

ivgv1z.jpg

That is a shocking use of a wildcard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

bohsman wrote: »
    Pienaar. Don't think there will be many points between him and Fellaini come the end of the season.

Unfortunately, I have Pienaar already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Morzadec wrote: »

Ben Arfa - Liverpool (A)
    Sterling - Newcastle (H)
    Fletcher - Villa (H)
    Michu - Chelsea (H)

Has to be Ben Arfa I reckon.

roryc wrote: »
    That is a shocking use of a wildcard...
    Thanks, that was helpful. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ivgv1z.jpg

downgrade either Baines or Cole. change one of them to Rafael/Evans, and one of them to a reliable W'Ham, Newcastle. Sunderland or W'Brom defender.

get rid of Fox and Baird. Baird is having a purple patch that won't last, and Fox, though he takes set pieces, probably won't keep a clean sheet all season. change them to a defender from one of the teams i mentioned above. maybe Riise from Fulham too if you can afford him.

get rid of Marveaux. completely pointless. the rest of your midfield is actually pretty good.

you need a Utd attacking option. Valencia, Rooney and VP are your candidates. VP would be the most reliable if you can get him. Crouch isn't reliable enough. Defoe is borderline as he can be quite inconsistent, and actually, is completely pointless as you already have Spurs cover in Bale. choose one or the other.

downgrade Al-Habsi to Ruddy or Jaaskelainen for even more funds if you need them.

no Arsenal or United players in general is a bit of a fail, though at the moment no Arsenal players isn't the worst thing in the world.

at the moment, you're relying completely on about 5 players and the rest is filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

ivgv1z.jpg

Cole->McAuley = 1.2m in bank
    Michu->Routledge = 3.2m in bank
    Defoe->Ba = 2.7m in bank
    Marveaux->Fellaini = 0.1m in the bank

Much more balanced squad after those kind of changes imo. Lots of playing around you can do, but you can get much better than what you currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

thinking about adding mata to the squad,
    without selling hazard,
    because both players score good points in the last couple of weeks.
    and i've got the money to do so.

what do u guys think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

What about Mike Williamson (newcastle)?

Very cheap (4.3) and newcastle as a decent run of fixtures!

Only wondering if he totally owns the spot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

6rhgxx.jpg

What shud I do to sort this mess out?? A 4 pt hit might have to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What mess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

NN215 wrote: »
    thinking about adding mata to the squad,
    without selling hazard,
    because both players score good points in the last couple of weeks.
    and i've got the money to do so.

what do u guys think ?

No brainer. I have em both but can drop whichever loses form. Go for it.
    Whats the rest of your team like?

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    get rid of Fox and Baird. Baird is having a purple patch that won't last

Baird seems to be playing in midfield according to the guardian squad sheets which is interesting:

SOTON-001.jpg

Reading-v-Fulham-001.jpg

And (although hardly the most reliable): http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4601955/Chris-Baird-loving-life-in-Fulhams-midfield.html
    Will keep an eye on him. I doubt his scoring will continue like it has but if he is playing midfield while being down as a defender he definitely is one to watch.

He's playing in midfield but got his 2 recent goals from corners. His playing in midfield is having little to no impact on his points potential.

Everyone bringing him in this week is chasing points imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

No brainer. I have em both but can drop whichever loses form. Go for it.
    Whats the rest of your team like?

thanks for replying machiavellianme!
    My team currently

Begovic Jaaskelainen
    Riise Baines Clyne Rangel Jenkinson
    Maloney Mata Hazard Michu Nolan
    Fletcher Van Persie Lambert

Yeah, i know my defense are week at the moment.
    have to ship out jenkinson next week, cause sagna is back.

and who should i start with this week ?

maloney vs tottenham / michu vs chelsea / nolan vs man city .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

NN215 wrote: »
    thanks for replying machiavellianme!
    My team currently

Begovic Jaaskelainen
    Riise Baines Clyne Rangel Jenkinson
    Maloney Mata Hazard Michu Nolan
    Fletcher Van Persie Lambert

Yeah, i know my defense are week at the moment.
    have to ship out jenkinson next week, cause sagna is back.

and who should i start with this week ?

maloney vs tottenham / michu vs chelsea / nolan vs man city .

Defensive options are not great i guess but mine arnt much better!

If that was my team id play:

Begovic

Baines, Riise and coin toss between Rangel/Jenkinson

Hazard, Mata, Michu, Maloney

Fletch RVP Lambert

although WBA are solid at home so would nearly pick Nolan ahead of Lambert

Wilsons injury has led me to reconsider the 3 dirt cheap defender strategy.

Will probably do Wilson to Fonte/Gorkks/Shorey. Not too happy with the Reading defenders having to put in a 120 minute shift tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why is Baird a worse option than Riise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hmmm Hoilet or Taarabt or Zamora anyone? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

keane2097 wrote: »
    Why is Baird a worse option than Riise?

Riise is in attacking positions more often in general, and takes free kicks and corners.

i know Baird takes some direct frees too, but i think Riise is more reliable as an attacking option, even though Baird has 2 goals in the last 2.

The new 4-2-3-1 that's all the rage means that attacking full backs can deliver much more points than a defender playing in a deep lying midfield role.

If you were to look at their average positions I would be pretty sure Riise's position would be further forward than Baird.

Like I said, I don't think Baird is going to get any more points from playing in that deep midfield role compared to if he was in the back 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The new 4-2-3-1 that's all the rage means that attacking full backs can deliver much more points than a defender playing in a deep lying midfield role.

If you were to look at their average positions I would be pretty sure Riise's position would be further forward than Baird.

Like I said, I don't think Baird is going to get any more points from playing in that deep midfield role compared to if he was in the back 4.

Exactly.

The holding midfielder in this formation is almost like a centre-back in terms of what they offer of goals/assists threat. The full back almost like a winger.

The likes of Lucas, Mascherano (back in his day), Mikel, De JOng (when he was at city, Allen (in his current position), Leon Britton, Phil Neville etc... are amongst the worst signings you can make in FF.

You know a FF player is bad straight away when they have the likes of the above in their team at 5 or 5.5, instead of a small team attacking mid for a similar or smaller price.

If Baird is playing as box-to-box, or is a threat from set-pieces then he could be considered but i'd be holding off for the moment to wait to see what happens. Riise's a safer bet if he can be afforded. As he's classed as a defender Baird's not the worst buy, but I wouldn't factor in the midfield things if he's playing as a holding mid.

Advertisement