Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 10 transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

For the next few fixtures, who would you choose? Rooney or VanPersie?
    The only catch being that I’d have to let Cazorla and Crouch go for this change to happen.

1) Cazorla + Crouch out; Rooney + some 6.4 midfielder in

OR

2) Cazorla + Crouch out; VanPersie + some 4.8 midfielder in

Which option would you choose? And is it worth it?

I'm thinking option #2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    For the next few fixtures, who would you choose? Rooney or VanPersie?
    The only catch being that I’d have to let Cazorla and Crouch go for this change to happen.

1) Cazorla + Crouch out; Rooney + some 6.4 midfielder in

OR

2) Cazorla + Crouch out; VanPersie + some 4.8 midfielder in

Which option would you choose? And is it worth it?

I'm thinking option #2

I'd pick Van Persie. Have a fiddle around with it and see can you get anyone a little better in though. Another .3 and you'd get Sterling. I'm not sure there's great talent at 4.8.

I'd pick Van Persie. Have a fiddle around with it and see can you get anyone a little better in though. Another .3 and you'd get Sterling. I'm not sure there's great talent at 4.8.

True that I need another .3 for Sterling.. at 4.8, I have mediocre options in the form of

Mikel CHE 4.5
    McCarthy WIG 4.8
    Neville EVE 4.4
    Coleman EVE 4.8
    Schneiderlin SOU 4.5
    Tettey NOR 4.5
    Puncheon SOU 4.4

The beauty of getting in RvP is that then, I'll have a starting 3 of Ba, Tevez and RvP! (I don't need to mention the degree of potential in that)
    My midfield is relatively secure with Bale, Mata, Morrison and Nolan.
    I'm not even touching my Defenders and GKs. They've been set up.

I was thinking maybe Coleman, Schneiderlin or Tettey or maybe even Puncheon. Anyone got better suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

True that I need another .3 for Sterling.. at 4.8, I have mediocre options in the form of

Mikel CHE 4.5
    McCarthy WIG 4.8
    Neville EVE 4.4
    Coleman EVE 4.8
    Schneiderlin SOU 4.5
    Tettey NOR 4.5
    Puncheon SOU 4.4

The beauty of getting in RvP is that then, I'll have a starting 3 of Ba, Tevez and RvP! (I don't need to mention the degree of potential in that)
    My midfield is relatively secure with Bale, Mata, Morrison and Nolan.
    I'm not even touching my Defenders and GKs. They've been set up.

I was thinking maybe Coleman, Schneiderlin or Tettey or maybe even Puncheon. Anyone got better suggestions?

Nolan has some very tough games coming up. I want to get him out of my team but I have more pressing matters at the moment. If you moved him this week and got in someone in the 5 million region that would free up some cash for Sterling, or someone similar, next week.

Your options at 4.8 really aren't that great.

Nolan has some very tough games coming up. I want to get him out of my team but I have more pressing matters at the moment. If you moved him this week and got in someone in the 5 million region that would free up some cash for Sterling, or someone similar, next week.

Your options at 4.8 really aren't that great.

I got an idea. I'm going to hang onto Nolan.

Next week, I take a 4 point hit.
    Morrison Out, McAnuff in.
    Crouch Out, RvP in.
    That leaves me with 5.8Million for another midfield option.

5.8Million has some decent talent in the form of Maloney, Sterling, Kightly and Gutierrez
    Edit: and Gera!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Hmmm Hoilet or Taarabt or Zamora anyone? :D

Honestly, if I had to choose one, it would be Hoillet. I think Zamora will probably out score him, but you cannot put Zamora as one of your three strikers as there are far better players in contenion for those places.

Personally, I wouldn't bring in any of them. They'd be good for 3 weeks but you'd want to be shipping the player out again straight after that.

Crouch Out, RvP in.

5.8Million has some decent talent in the form of Maloney, Sterling, Kightly and Gutierrez

I like Kightly actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Is this the end of Cazorlas good form ?

and if so who would you replace him with ?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I like Kightly actually...

Gera ain't bad either. At 5.0, 1 goal and 1 assist in his last 3 games (QPR, ManC & Newcastle) -- 16 points in the last 3 games and he's playing a really advanced position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

james123 wrote: »

Mata or Bale, depending on your funds.

keep an eye on Valencia too.

• Advertisement

james123 wrote: »

This isn't the end. He's just a very frustrating FPL player. He's good but I think it's time to cash in on him after 1 more Gameweek. I got him right at the start and his price rise and erratic point-scoring-pattern convinces me that right now is the best time to sell him while people are still buying him ahead of his 2 home games. With Wilshere back, I don't think he'll be as effective in scoring points as he was earlier because Wilshere basically pops up in places where Cazorla popped up in earlier gameweeks. Their roles clash a bit and it's confusing him as to what role he should assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Crouch Out, RvP in.
    Edit: And Gera!

My problem with your idea is highlighted above. I see '4 point hit' and I see 'McAnuff in' and that to me does not make sense. Granted you're getting RVP in, but he'd need to outscore Crouch by a bit to make it up. I think Arsenal will be incredibly fired up for the game at the weekend too so I'm not sure if VP will do as well as many expect.

Fizman wrote: »
    My problem with your idea is highlighted above. I see '4 point hit' and I see 'McAnuff in' and that to me does not make sense. Granted you're getting RVP in, but he'd need to outscore Crouch by a bit to make it up. I think Arsenal will be incredibly fired up for the game at the weekend too so I'm not sure if VP will do as well as many expect.

You didn't see the main point. I pointed out that I'm getting him in next week -- After which, he'll have played Arsenal and will have relatively easier fixtures.

Crouch is playing Norwich this Gameweek. I wouldn't let him go at this instance. Cazorla's going to play with an almost full-strength Arsenal Side.
    Morrison's going to play against the Saints this gameweek. I'm definitely not letting him go.

All my changes are keeping in mind, the next gameweek and the gameweeks after that. I intended to do them this gameweek but I see a better outcome if I hold on for a week.

Edit: McAnuff is a failsafe. Noted that he might not have got goals in the midfield but he's extremely efficient at setting them up. He's sitting at SECOND in the assists list right now. 4 assists in the past 4 games against decent opposition. He has games against Wigan, Norwich, Saints and Wigan approaching. I don't see how getting him in is a problem. He's also playing pretty well.
    I agree that a 4 point hit is a bit discouraging but I stand to gain more than I lose.
    Think of it as 4 small steps behind and one giant leap forward.

You didn't see the main point. I pointed out that I'm getting him in next week -- After which, he'll have played Arsenal and will have relatively easier fixtures.

Crouch is playing Norwich this Gameweek. I wouldn't let him go at this instance. Cazorla's going to play with an almost full-strength Arsenal Side.
    Morrison's going to play against the Saints this gameweek. I'm definitely not letting him go.

All my changes are keeping in mind, the next gameweek and the gameweeks after that. I intended to do them this gameweek but I see a better outcome if I hold on for a week.

Ok, granted I missed that bit, but that means you are taking Crouch out just when he is about to play QPR at home! His fixtures after that aren't bad either! QPR (H),West Ham (A),Fulham (H),Newcastle (H),West Brom (A),Aston Villa (A),Everton (H). Plenty of scoring potential there.

Don't let me put you off your plans though! :p

I'm just very strict on the whole price-hit thing myself, I've taken 2 or 3 hits over the last 4 seasons.

Ok, granted I missed that bit, but that means you are taking Crouch out just when he is about to play QPR at home! His fixtures after that aren't bad either! QPR (H),West Ham (A),Fulham (H),Newcastle (H),West Brom (A),Aston Villa (A),Everton (H). Plenty of scoring potential there.

Lol, Have a look at RvP's fixtures in the same timeframe and tell me if RvP can't outscore Crouch in those fixtures given the rate at which he's scoring now. xD
    The Dutchman clearly wins out there!

And yeah, I learned my lesson on point hits earlier in the season. I'm trying to minimize them as much as possible.
    You'd kill me if you knew how many hits I took earlier in the season. :P

Guys, anyone see a transfer here. After really analyzing things, I'm not sure I need to? Current GW10 team in bold.

Foster - Federici
    Baines - Huth - Cuellar - Jenkinson - Clyne
    Bale - Cazorla - Michu - Nolan - Britton
    RVP (c) - Aguero - Lambert

0.0 in bank, 1 free transfer.

Here is my reasoning...

Federici - Am happy enough to hold him, Readings fixtures are solid and he may regain place.

Jenkinson - Can afford for him to drip 0.1 before I lose money.

Clyne/Britton - Not a priority and have no cash to upgrade anyways.

Cazorla - Fixtures are excellent GW11 onwards, may see Walcott figure for Arsenal, exactly the player that could convert the chances Cazorla is creating.

Lambert - Fixtures get much better after this week.

Aguero - Good fixtures and has to come good. Tevez due a rest.

I think I am better served banking the transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if you trust Cazorla, and you can't upgrade your subs (inc. Jenkinson), then there's not much.

i don't like your keepers, particularly Federici. Foster is fine for home games, but you may need a trusty alternate for their away games.

Cazorla ----> Mata is the obvious one, but as i say, if you trust Cazorla, then meh.

Nolan might need to go too. he's tough fixtures coming up; Walters being the obvious one to come in really. that transfer could probably wait until next week anyway.

but as you say, no really glaring subs to make IMO.

SlickRic wrote: »
    if you trust Cazorla, and you can't upgrade your subs (inc. Jenkinson), then there's not much.

i don't like your keepers, particularly Federici. Foster is fine for home games, but you may need a trusty alternate for their away games.

Cazorla ----> Mata is the obvious one, but as i say, if you trust Cazorla, then meh.

Nolan might need to go too. he's tough fixtures coming up; Walters being the obvious one to come in really. that transfer could probably wait until next week anyway.

but as you say, no really glaring subs to make IMO.

Re Nolan, I fancy him to do something vs City. I must admit though, Nolan to Walters has been staring me in the face for the last 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Aguero is madness, he seem to have caught second season syndrome.

Aguero is madness, he seem to have caught second season syndrome.

Disagree. He missed the first 4 games and has scored 2 goals and an assist in the last 4 despite only playing half an hour in 2 of those games. Tevez' goal at the weekend was his first since gw3.

I'm not saying that Tevez is a bad player. In fact, if I had neither player, I would bring in Tevez over Aguero right now.

However, I think Aguero to Tevez is a lateral move for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Re Walters and Stoke in general - they have some great fixtures coming up. But they've only scored 8 goals this season (3 at home IIRC). Only four teams have scored less than them.

I was here yesterday and was almost going to upgrade Barnett to Sagna/Caulker but now I'm thinking of a Stoke defender. Those next three fixtures (Nor, QPR, WHU) smell like clean sheets to me and you could add a fourth with Fulham at home.

Problem is I already have Begovic in nets. Might it be worth a gamble to double up with a Stoke defender as well?

SlickRic wrote: »
    Mata or Bale, depending on your funds.

keep an eye on Valencia too.

I already have mata and bale probably should have posted my team

Begovic
    Baines Cameron Gallas
    Michu Bale Santi Cazorla Mata
    Rooney Fletcher Tevez
    Subs: Mignolet Guthrie Cuellar Demel

already used my sub this week to bring in cameron for jenkinson pretty open to another for a 4 point hit

I was thinking of replacing Cazorla with
    ben arfa - wilshire/ramsey (still have some decent enough fixtures after utd ) - pienaar (back this weekend with some nice fixtures) - sterling on form and cheap but not the best fixtures coming up

They all free up some cash I can use on the rest of the team

John83 wrote: »
    Re Walters and Stoke in general - they have some great fixtures coming up. But they've only scored 8 goals this season (3 at home IIRC). Only four teams have scored less than them.

I was here yesterday and was almost going to upgrade Barnett to Sagna/Caulker but now I'm thinking of a Stoke defender. Those next three fixtures (Nor, QPR, WHU) smell like clean sheets to me and you could add a fourth with Fulham at home.

Problem is I already have Begovic in nets. Might it be worth a gamble to double up with a Stoke defender as well?

I'm gambling on doubling up with Stoke - I'll be using Begovic & Shawcross for the next few weeks.

I think I'll save my transfer this week. Ahead by around 30 points in my private league so no need to panic or do anything drastic. I plan to get Tevez in (and he'll increase in price no doubt) but I want to wait to see if any other injuries forces my hand in changing up people.

Team is at the moment:

Begovic
    Shawcross Riise Cuellar
    Hazard (V) Michu Pienaar Cazorla
    RVP (C) Ba Fletcher

Subs: Jaask, Maloney, Gibbs, Clark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Just to let everyone know about the West Brom situation...... don't get Gera in and watch out for Morrison. Morrison played in a deep role last week because Yacob was injured. The only reason Gera played was because Yacob was injured. So unless Yacob is back from injury for the southampton game I'd stay clear of Morrison. Southampton is the money game, wouldn't want to get a player that will be playing in a deep role in it.

I'm very stuck at the moment. Should I take a 4-point hit to get rid of Nolan? There is plenty of options available instead of him like Hoilett who has great fixtures, Morrison, Lallana, Kightly and Walters. I'm thinking of Kightly or Walters but then I'd be going for 3 stoke players as I have Begovic and plan on getting Shawcross.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

what do u think a good replacement for jenkinson ?
    with no money left in the bank . so 4.9 budget.

NN215 wrote: »
    what do u think a good replacement for jenkinson ?
    with no money left in the bank . so 4.9 budget.

Cameron of Stoke, Hughes of Fulham or Caulker of Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Cameron of Stoke, Hughes of Fulham or Caulker of Spurs?

i have begovic for my gk, and riise as my general starter.
    and spurs got a tougher game in the next couple of weeks.
    man city away, and arsenal away .
    any other suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What's the story with Caulker, starting while BAE is injured is it?

• Advertisement

NN215 wrote: »
    i have begovic for my gk, and riise as my general starter.
    and spurs got a tougher game in the next couple of weeks.
    man city away, and arsenal away .
    any other suggestions ?

You could do a lot worse than double up on Stoke defenders with the fixtures they have coming up! Apart from that, someone like Cuellar might be your best bet. They have nice home fixtures approaching.

Advertisement