Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Bands sought for Loughrea Bar

Options
  • 27-10-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey Guys,
    We run a busy town central Bar in Loughrea, Co. Galway and are looking to set up regular group of bands to play Saturday and Sunday night Gigs. Our stage is quite small so the biggest band we would accommodate is probably a 4 piece.

If interested let me know and send me your details and we will contact you. If you have any youtube videos or demos it would also be great.

Chat to you soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ballinue

What type of bands are you looking for, regular pub?? ballads Irish type if so we might have something to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlies Bar Loughrea

Hey, ya we are looking for a regular pub band with lots of trad influences if you know what I mean.. We have an older crowd and are generally very busy so everything from the Galway Girl to horselips to joyce country ceili band etc.. maybe with some classic rock thrown in?
    Let me no if it suits you guys where you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fishtyfiddle

hickory wind; a roots band from athlone play all over the midlands and west of the country, have featured in festivals and concerts all over, from dunfanaghy to uganda africa; four pro players, well able and used to the pub scene, with two trad players, dbl bass, guitar, mandolins bouzoukis, and four singers.
    playing from modern, to oldies, country/folk/bluegrass. irish american, russian tunes.
    http://www.facebook.com/hickorywindmusic?fref=ts
    http://soundcloud.com/hickory-wind/ the tunes here are only a portion of the repertoire but a good taste of the vibe.
    pm me for more details, if the price is right, im sure the hickorys could become a regular feature in loughrea
    regards
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kevinjgraham

Hi,

I play in a two piece called "Folk That", formerly "The Bruisers" that play pretty much what you are looking for.

We normally play around Cavan, but are quite open to broaden our horizons.

Send me some details if you'd like a chat

Advertisement