Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food before the cinema

Options
  • 27-10-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Any recommendations for somewhere to eat before going to see a movie in Cineworld? Usually end up going to Boojum or The Black Sheep but looking for somewhere different! Quick and not too pricey preferably :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Any time I go to the cinema lately, for some reason we've gone to Milanos on the southside afterwards... Usual places I get food is either 10 Thousand or Hot Wok. Hot Wok doesn't have much seating though, and only serves noodles. 10 Thousand just serves general Asian food. The Epicurean seems to be good for food too, if you're about while it's open. I think all are under a tenner per person, or somewhere around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

www.madina.ie/ madina on mary street is lovely and decent enough price, korma makes me feel like my heart is going to give out tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Nandos is also nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i like cucina on parnell street (nearly opposite)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Madina on Mary St or Musashi on Capel St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I would say Carlos on O'Connell street. It doesn't necessarily meet the price request, but they often run deals with menupages and I seen one on Groupon last week for a steak on the stone meal with wine for 2 people. €27. Been there twice for deals and I was well impressed with the steak last time. Both times it was before a trip to cineworld, which is only 5 minute away.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Kingfisher is on the cheap end of the scale and just 3 mins walk

A lot of people like what they do

Mandarin House on Parnell St is tasty also - no shortage of chinese options at both ends of Parnell St. Charming Noodle nice also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I really like the food in the Hop House/Kimchi (pub and restaurant) you can order from the restaurant menu in the bar. Usually very quick at serving and the food is gorgeous and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

+1 for Cucina, love it!

Kingfisher for some good traditional food, and there are looooads of Chineses around there...

Eddie Rocket's in the same building as the cinema :p

Nando's is also lovely :)

The Church may do nice food too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

+1 for Cucina, love it!

Kingfisher for some good traditional food, and there are looooads of Chineses around there...

Eddie Rocket's in the same building as the cinema :p

Nando's is also lovely :)

The Church may do nice food too?

i always considered food in the church to be poor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

i always considered food in the church to be poor

It has improved, but it's pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

I really like the food in the Hop House/Kimchi (pub and restaurant) you can order from the restaurant menu in the bar. Usually very quick at serving and the food is gorgeous and good value.

+1

Also Mitsuba on Parnell street does nice sushi but not sure if they're still as good as once were.

Although I do enjoy some eddie rockets, it certainly is on the pricey end for what it is, which is why I didn't recommend it in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

goz83 wrote: »
    Although I do enjoy some eddie rockets, it certainly is on the pricey end for what it is, which is why I didn't recommend it in my post.

You can get any burger, add regular fries and drink for an extra 3 euro.

I don't think that's pricey.

Birneybau wrote: »
    You can get any burger, add regular fries and drink for an extra 3 euro.

I don't think that's pricey.

It's a glorified Burger King. It IS pricey.

Plus, by the time they serve "any burger", the regular drink is all but gone. Also the one at cineworld is not the best, i've been there plenty of times. The one in Santry at the omniplex cinema is much better and so is the one in Swords.

Think The Woolshed do food, don't they? No idea what it's like though....

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

Think The Woolshed do food, don't they? No idea what it's like though....

I got a bit of food poisoning there so wouldn't be quick to go back but it could have been a once off.

The food in The Black Sheep bores me to tears now (I wish they did sandwiches in the evening)!

I think the Kimchi restaurant / bar is good too.

It's a real pity there aren't more microbrewery chains so that a nice pint could coincide with more food variety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Lemonperv wrote: »

I got a bit of food poisoning there so wouldn't be quick to go back but it could have been a once off.

The food in The Black Sheep bores me to tears now (I wish they did sandwiches in the evening)!

I think the Kimchi restaurant / bar is good too.

It's a real pity there aren't more microbrewery chains so that a nice pint could coincide with more food variety!

I think the Brewdock at amiens street have a different menu to Black Sheep, same group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

+1. I ate in there one night last week and it was tasty, good value + relatively quick.
    Depends on the OP's budget, if you are on a big economy-drive budget / skint, then there is always McDonalds eurosaver option.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Mandarin House on Parnell St is tasty also - no shortage of chinese options at both ends of Parnell St. Charming Noodle nice also

There are also plenty of chinese places on capel st. North city centre must have 30-40 chineses now. The parnell gastropub is very good for food also.

I still cant believe the stephens green cinema hasnt opened yet. Its surrounded by so many great food choices that success is pretty much gaurenteed. Will weigh heavy on cineworlds numbers i would say.

• Advertisement

liffeylite wrote: »
    The parnell gastropub is very good for food also.

Ooh yes I forgot about this place! Have only been in there for a drink but they do food also. Must say they did a fab job in renovating it!

Advertisement