Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How will the Electoral College go?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jimmyjon

If Obama wins I think it will splinter the GOP between the Tea Party & Evangelical faction versus the more moderate pragmatic faction (which would be led by people like Jeb Bush and Chris Christie). It's impossible to predict who would win out in such a scenario but the one certainty is that it would be highly entertaining to watch it all play out on Fox News, like a grotesque monster having a massize seizure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

CNN calls Indiana for Romney and Vermont for Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Obama 332 Romney 206 #thereisaidit

Looks like a 2008-type turnout in almost every way (except a big drop in Evangelicals and in some Southern states Whites), except a slightly higher Hispanic vote. All the conservative pundits dismissed this possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bajer100

300+ for Obama.

For me, critical mass was hit when Chris Christie effectively gave Romney the two fingers after Sandy. That told me that the GOP's polls showed that Romney had lost and Christie started campaigning for 2016.

Christie is a great bet for 2016 - 33/1 with some bookies! I reckon he's a shoe-in.

Obama leading 50-49 in FL.

OH: more Provisional ballots than usual issued in Hamilton county (around 20,000). In 2004 many were not counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

bajer100 wrote: »
    300+ for Obama.

For me, critical mass was hit when Chris Christie effectively gave Romney the two fingers after Sandy. That told me that the GOP's polls showed that Romney had lost and Christie started campaigning for 2016.

Christie is a great bet for 2016 - 33/1 with some bookies! I reckon he's a shoe-in.

Possibly for the nomination but whoever gets elected this time will either be reelected or the party will get reelected. It's been much discussed that whoever wins will claim credit for the economy recovering even if they had little to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Obama 294-244 Romney, that's my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bajer100

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Possibly for the nomination but whoever gets elected this time will either be reelected or the party will get reelected. It's been much discussed that whoever wins will claim credit for the economy recovering even if they had little to do with it.

I disagree. I reckon that the Republicans will win next time as long as they put up an electable candidate. They could have won this time, or last time, if they had put up an electable candidate. Come 2016, the fickle Americans will want change. Christie is already campaigning. He complimented Obama and toured NJ with him after Sandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

bajer100 wrote: »
    I disagree. I reckon that the Republicans will win next time as long as they put up an electable candidate. They could have won this time, or last time, if they had put up an electable candidate. Come 2016, the fickle Americans will want change. Christie is already campaigning. He complimented Obama and toured NJ with him after Sandy.

Demographics will surely come into play as older Republicans will be dying off while the increasing Hispanic/ African-American numbers reach voting age.

Throw into fact that the economy will most likely be in a much better state. Right now I'd think it would be advantage Democrats for 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

68Murph68 wrote: »
    Demographics will surely come into play as older Republicans will be dying off while the increasing Hispanic/ African-American numbers reach voting age.

Throw into fact that the economy will most likely be in a much better state. Right now I'd think it would be advantage Democrats for 2016.

Not sure why everyone thinks the economy will be so much better. Regardless of who wins, neither will make the tough choices that need to be made to right the economic ship. Just paper over it with more debt. Wouldn't be surprised to see another American recession.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

nagilum2 wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone thinks the economy will be so much better.

Because almost all independent 'think-tanks" agree that the economy is getting better and will get even better no matter who becomes president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Good thing I didn't post a map, would've got Florida wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

Ponster wrote: »
    Because almost all independent 'think-tanks" agree that the economy is getting better and will get even better no matter who becomes president.

Fundamentals are terrible for an economic recovery. US will either middle along with high unemployment and minimal growth or perhaps even go back into recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nagirrac

Romney camp gone radio silent, waiting for a messiah or writing a concession speech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm guessing about 316:222.
    nagirrac wrote: »
    Romney camp gone radio silent, waiting for a messiah or writing a concession speech?
    Picking someone to blame. :)

nagirrac wrote: »
    Or the Rapture. Maybe they think this is a sign of that. :p

Advertisement