Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times you got stuck in a game.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I completed this as a kid game, probably because you had to back then through persistence, no saves and games were too expensive to have 100's for choice

I then visited it a few years ago thinking. ..I'm an adult now ...my skills will be so much better and I will fly through this.
    I turned it off in rage after 5 mins.

I obviously must have learned the exact pattern as a kid

Worst section !! - and this was the FIRST level

Edit: just watching through this again now I realise the theme is a version of "GhostRiders in the Sky"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Stompbox wrote: »
    What game is that screenshot from, Gbear?

Woopsie, missed this.

It's from "Discworld".
    It was a point and click adventure game based on the fantasy novels by Terry Pratchett (brilliant btw, read them!) with the most circuitous and brain-rending puzzles that you'd have to be totally insane to have been able to figure out half the time.

You'd have to do something like click a coconut tree to dislodge a coconut, get a butterfly net hanging in a psychiatrists office, mix the coconut with wine and then use the coconut wine to get a troll drunk so you can sneak into his shop to steal a frying pan. And then use the frying pan as part of a dragon detecting device. I'm not exaggerating all that much with the mentalness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

goldeneye_screen_control.jpg

That mission in GTA SA where you have to fly a plane at a certain height over half the map or else you get detected and fail. The noise of that plane plagued my family for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I completed this as a kid game, probably because you had to back then through persistence, no saves and games were too expensive to have 100's for choice

I then visited it a few years ago thinking. ..I'm an adult now ...my skills will be so much better and I will fly through this.
    I turned it off in rage after 5 mins.

I obviously must have learned the exact pattern as a kid

Worst section !! - and this was the FIRST level

Edit: just watching through this again now I realise the theme is a version of "GhostRiders in the Sky"

I'm actually getting angry just thinking about it. I finished it years ago on the MegaDrive, and like yourself, fired it up a few months ago thinking the same - wrong, wrong, wrong! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement