Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

health insurance

Options
  • 27-10-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am trying tochange health insurance companies from Aviva to another insurance company ….VHI,Quinnetc…..shopping around but I have missed the 14 day cooling off period to cancelmy insurance policy with Aviva.

They are looking for me to pay the full insurance levy ofapprox 700 euros if I cancel my current policy that I have with them....hasanybody else come across this issue….and did you end up paying it??

I don’t get it....soif I cancel my current policy and say pay the 700 government levy which fromwhat I have read on www.hia.ie they are entitled to charge me and an admincharge….. And then take out a new policy I have to pay the government levyagain with the new company ………….so the government and getting paid twice ...oram I missing something

Any help much appreciated

Thank s:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi OP. You've already posted this on another forum. We don't permit cross-posting on boards, please don't do it again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grahamr77

sorry about that new to Baords.ie ....wont happen again

graham

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

Would like to point out that the government levy is only €285 so i dunno where they are getting €700????

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭shortlegs

graham,

How did this work out for you (if it did), as I'm having a similar difficulty with VHI.

Regards. S.

Advertisement