Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United 28.10.12 KO 4:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Just like the Liverpool match a few weeks ago, this type of win just seems to be so much sweeter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Well done mark, 3 points in the bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Joke ref decisions have ruined 2 games today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Yessss :D

Delighted, all that counts is that we got 3 points. Excellent.

Chelsea - We're coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I thought Young had started to move across.

dont think so but so much has happened since then!

thought young was ahead of him, ivanovic tried to get on the right side of him, cut across his legs and clearly made contact

overall though pathetic officiating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I was surprised how toothless Man United looked when Chelsea went down to 9 men. I was expecting to be a bit more clinical in getting their win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So conflicted right now, on one hand the games proves that officiating in the Premier League is terrible and more often than not seems to benefit United.......on the other hand Chelsea are on the recieving end.
    tumblr_m719t5Hj9N1qkidce.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Looking forward to Wednesday night already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder big this thread with get locked as quickly as the other match thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Handy win in the end....

5073612.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We should have had two penalties as well, the ref saved Chelsea from a hammering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ref was a disgrace, but nothing surprises me anymore when the manc's are playing.

Sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Come on!!

tumblr_m26cbdtfng1qh59n0o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Credit to Chelsea, made that tough even with 9. Very unfortunate to lose Torres.
    A draw would have been a fair result.

To the haters. Yaaaaaaaahhhh get the f**k in there, couldn't have scripted it any better.
    It's just a pity all our goals were not offside. :D:D:D

J. Marston wrote: »
    We should have had two penalties as well, the ref saved Chelsea from a hammering.

lol your mental

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Where are the Liverpool fans? :O :O :O :O :O xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Turtyturd wrote: »
    So conflicted right now, on one hand the games proves that officiating in the Premier League is terrible and more often than not seems to benefit United.......on the other hand Chelsea are on the recieving end.
    tumblr_m719t5Hj9N1qkidce.png

You just think that because you have a childish dislike for an English soccer team

Rest assured, there's no conspiracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wesc. wrote: »
    Just like the Liverpool match a few weeks ago, this type of win just seems to be so much sweeter :pac:

This is much bigger. Chelsea are a decent team. Great result winning there.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ref was a disgrace, but nothing surprises me anymore when the manc's are playing.

Sickening.

see the midweek game did you mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

lol at poor Liverpool fans

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Great win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sickening.

Go way and have a cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Great win by the ref. Also a disgusting dive by Valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wesc. wrote: »

Would you not prefer to win fair and square though? It would give a much better indication for the future as you can't expect the refs to dig you out of every game

Winning is great obviously even if it's with some help from the ref but I'd rather win on merit if I had the choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

see the midweek game did you mate?

Im not your mate, but do go on.

Sickening.
    They're shìte for everyone. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Joke ref decisions have ruined 2 games today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It seems Chelsea fans are going to use the ref as a scapegoat but I think Ivanovic really cost them the game. The momentum was with Chelsea and his dismissal turned the game on its head.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Sickening.

Grow up will ya. it's a game of soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MUSEIST wrote: »
    lol your mental

Trolling shouldn't be confused with a mental issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Actually happy with that Chelsea performance,

Officiating decisions aside , we were poor the first 20 , but unplayable after that until Brana got sent off , not intentional but had to walk as he was the last man,

The lads can hold the heads high after that performance , Rambo was immense , Mata inspirational.

Van Persie adds so much to united.

On Branas sending off , it bewilders me why players dont stay well away he still has to beat the keeper and your chances are alot higher with 11 on the pitch and plenty of time on the clock.

Enjoyable 50 odd minutes anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What I wouldn't give for even a quarter of decisions utd get, it must be ****en brilliant for utd fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

5 live must be anti und trolls too ¬¬

It seems Chelsea fans are going to use the ref as a scapegoat but I think Ivanovic really cost them the game. The momentum was with Chelsea and his dismissal turned the game on its head.

The ivanovic decision was correct IMO but what happened after that defined the game and ultimately cost chelsea the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sickening.

''The Mancs''

Lol.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    lol your mental

Cahill pulling down Evans with two hands in the box and the Luiz handball. Two penalties. Deny it if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

J. Marston wrote: »

Surely you're joking?

As a Chelsea fan I am seriously proud of the way we conducted ourselves.
    Ramires was singled out many times and he didn't complain once, particularly the time RVP slapped the ball out of his hands.

It was an injustice and even the most biased of United fans can admit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

It is a well known fact that human behaviour is modified by rewards and punishments, therefore in order to have a fair system of refereeing it is vital that all referees are treated equally and objectively when it comes to assessing their performances. It is also vital that for a referee selection process to be free from bias, it has to be pretty random and free from outside influence. Unfortunately the PGMO's referee selection and assessment process, run by Mike Riley, is flawed, subjective and highly subject to outside influence. Mike Riley's own objectivity and bias has been called into question by managers in the past.

Yet another blatant example of Sir Alex Ferguson having an obvious influence on referee selection has reared its ugly head this week. Chris Foy, who refereed Manu's defeat to Tottenham, has been bizarrely demoted to a League 2 game this weekend, his first League 2 game since 2006. Obviously our friends at the FA deny this is a 'demotion' and claim it is just part of his normal refereeing rota. Alex Ferguson insulted the refereeing after the game and should have been charged by the FA, instead Alex Ferguson appears to have got his own way yet again.

If one looks back at referees who have dared allow Manchester United to lose games in recent years, there is a clear trend of great concern after these Manu defeats. Alan Wiley refereed United’s 4-1 loss to Liverpool in 2009 and in that game, he gave both United and Liverpool penalties and sent off Nemanja Vidic. All 3 decisions were reasonable and Wiley was praised by Sky TV co-commentator Andy Gray for his performance; not even Ferguson complained. Later that year, Wiley was given another United game to referee and despite sending off Kieran Richardson of Sunderland, Wiley was lambasted by Ferguson for being “fat and unfit”. The game ended 2-2. That would be the end of Wiley’s refereeing career. Wiley, it says cryptically on his Wikipedia page, “agreed to retire” at the end of that season. Agreed with whom? No one knows.

Last season, Manchester City romped to a 6-1 win at Old Trafford, inflicting on their rivals their biggest embarrassment under Ferguson. The referee on that day was Mark Clattenburg. He sent Johnny Evans off in the second half for a clear professional foul. There have been 34 Man United league games since that day and Clattenberg has not refereed a single one of them. The same absence of United fixtures after refereeing a United defeat is common to Martin Atkinson and Chris Foy as well. There are also some other remarkable coincidences after the refereeing of United defeats.

Whether there is rank corruption or just biased decision making as a result of dodgy processes is open to question, however what is clear is that the referee selection procedure and system is far too open to influence and consequently bias. Untold Arsenal's statistical analysis of referee performances show this is now beyond significant doubt. Manchester United have far too much influence within the game and on referee selection, and this is consequently giving them an unfair advantage over their competitors. Referees like Howard Webb know that it is career dynamite to be favourable to Manu with one's decisions making, while it is career death to dare to upset Sir Alex with a defeat.

The PGMO is not fit for purpose, it is simply not good enough that the richest league in the whole of the world has such a hidden and subjective method of selecting referees for games. We have seen in many other countries including in Italy how just a bit of influence on this process can result in massive bias, this appears to be happening under our very noses in the Premier League. The silence of the media is one of the most worrying aspects of this, journalists are either scared of the ability of Ferguson and Manu to end their careers, or they are more involved than we know, either way the world's 'greatest' league is beginning to stink of corruption.

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/alex-ferguson-and-referee-selection-too-many-coincidence/link/658250/

We had the match with Halsey already this season. Why are people still turning a blind eye to this stuff? Clattenburg knows today his career is in serious doubt after being out in the cold for nearly a year if he doesn't fall into line in todays game. The amount of pressure he was under to get a United win today must have been serious.

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/24252

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Can't believe I wanna defend Torres...can't see how that wasn't closer to being a Red for Evans.

Also, Hernandez was offside, but sure what can ya expect...decisions have been terrible for everyone this year.

The FA need to step in and seriously bring up the standard of reffing somehow. It's just going to cost them more in the long run through having to bring in video reffing if they don't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sickening.

I think it's great!!!

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Trolling shouldn't be confused with a mental issue.

Ok stop trolling then (if thats what your doing)

wasnt meant literally but do your homework before having a good cry. no further engagement with those crying on here. have a good night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

opr wrote: »
    http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/alex-ferguson-and-referee-selection-too-many-coincidence/link/658250/

We had the match with Halsey already this season. Why are people still turning a blind eye to this stuff? Clattenburg knows today his career is in serious doubt after being out in the cold for nearly a year if he doesn't fall into line in todays game. The amount of pressure he was under to get a United win today must have been serious.

Opr
    oh god

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Lol cry me a river, you sound like a sulking child :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I see OPR is back with his Conspiracy Theory.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Poor Soul

Opr
    And here comes OPR with the latest news from RAWKs tinfoil hat thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SSHSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Chico is speaking on the tellyvision now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Opr

You really do believe all this stuff:eek: I always thought you were piss taking:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Opr

Wasnt there already a mod warning about people posting moronic conspiracy theories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

cambo2008 wrote: »
    And here comes OPR with the latest news from RAWKs tinfoil hat thread.

Those are actually Arsenal blogs but I doubt reading comprehension is one of your strong suits.

Opr

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement