Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United 28.10.12 KO 4:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Evans trolling all the ABU's in his interview. hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

We need Video replays. QPR, Liverpool and Chelsea denied this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

opr wrote: »

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/alex-ferguson-and-referee-selection-too-many-coincidence/link/658250/

We had the match with Halsey already this season. Why are people still turning a blind eye to this stuff? Clattenburg knows today his career is in serious doubt after being out in the cold for nearly a year if he doesn't fall into line in todays game. The amount of pressure he was under to get a United win today must have been serious.

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/24252

Opr

That is cringeworthy tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Those are actually Arsenal blogs but I doubt reading comprehension is one of your strong suits.

Opr

In the same way that logic doesn't seem to be yours?

Fishooks12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/alex-ferguson-and-referee-selection-too-many-coincidence/link/658250/

We had the match with Halsey already this season. Why are people still turning a blind eye to this stuff? Clattenburg knows today his career is in serious doubt after being out in the cold for nearly a year if he doesn't fall into line in todays game. The amount of pressure he was under to get a United win today must have been serious.

Opr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLUAc_4YghUwDUwfFlqooCfFAvZrEKfo1kFyI7cJwMbvvBVoES3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Wasnt there already a mod warning about people posting moronic conspiracy theories?

Conspiracy theories? Just some reading on which people can draw whatever conclusions they want.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lets all jog on and go for pints and a late carvery somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Conspiracy theories? Just some reading on which people can draw whatever conclusions they want.

Opr

In that case, I have some facts about the moon landing being faked that you might want to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fuhrer wrote: »

Wasnt there already a mod warning about people posting moronic conspiracy theories?

Another thread was locked because a mod did not like similar abuse. This thread keeps going thoug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

In spite of the loss, Chelsea were great. When the mata-Oscar-hazard engine gets going they are almost irresistible. I have little doubt they'll bounce back pretty quickly from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

As a Chelsea fan I'm proud of the way the team reacted to the silly ref decisions. Never gave up when down to ten men and a goal down.

Not much we can do about ref decision's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Am I alone in thinking Torres should have been sent off for his tackle that earned a yellow in the first half ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Opr

5379668.jpg

amiable wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking Torres should have been sent off for his tackle that earned a yellow in the first half ?

He could definitely seen red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So how many games like today have to happen before utd fans might actually admit they get the benefit of the doubt in certain games. I don't know what they are afraid of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

yes

Showing replays of the Torres high foot in first half. As said at the time should be red. Another ref **** up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Those are actually Arsenal blogs but I doubt reading comprehension is one of your strong suits.

Opr
    I'm sure they are on RAWK somewhere.
    And I've no problem reading thanks.
    I just don't bother reading fairytales since I was a young chap.

Just want say hard luck Chelsea fans ye were robbed to be fair. No problem with ye being disgusted.

Anyway back to the Liverpool fans Conspiracey Theory

Neville talking a lot of sense as usual

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »

yes
    I'm glad you said that. Proves it for me

On the second Torres booking. Was very harsh, but his reaction was as if he was shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just seen the replay there . That's was you call dangerous play .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Delighted for 3 points at the Bridge.

Chelsea will be up there.

Torres second was never a yellow. First one was a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

You are right. So that's another poor decision, along with two Peno shouts against united. Look forward to the Liverpool led anti united punditry on bbc tonight.

Incidentally Valencia was booked for the same thing as Torres.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Your late with that assessment , mentioned earlier in the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I'm sure they are on RAWK somewhere.
    And I've no problem reading thanks.
    I just don't bother reading fairytales since I was a young chap.

Why are you on about rawk, he just said twice they were off an arsenal forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Young dives Ivanovic gets red. Evans fouls Torres Torres sees red. Juve got put into Seire B for doing what United do. Its a farce.
    Fergie Association

I think you should read this again. How embarrassing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Opr
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/173060.html

"There is absolutely no truth in suggestions Chris has been demoted or punished in some way," spokesman Phil Dorward said. "The fact is it is his turn to officiate at a League game this weekend.
    "Chris has refereed more Premier League games than most this season and there is a rota system in place.
    "We have been delighted with the standard of Chris's performances. He's having a good season."

Post your stuff at RAWK, it'll be lapped up and you'll be lauded as some kind of ace researcher. Post it anywhere else and you'll be laughed at for being a conspiracy nut.

Opr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR18H9OjVm59wawQEzUq2O5L4zAsudvT3exKTl8y67QHPCBDiAOA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Gary Nevilie , speaking a lot of sense here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

niallo27 wrote: »
    So how many games like today have to happen before utd fans one set of fans might actually admit they get the benefit of the doubt in certain games against the other team. I don't know what they are afraid of.

FYP...

This logic can be applied to any and every team that has ever played history. Can't believe I'm saying it but it's not just a United issue its a football wide issue that needs dealt with.

Your late with that assessment , mentioned earlier in the thread
    Sorry Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

You'd think United fans would be a bit more secure in themselves after all these years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

So how many games like today have to happen before utd fans might actually admit they get the benefit of the doubt in certain games. I don't know what they are afraid of.

In fairness a lot of them do, my buddies certainly do.

But they like to play stupid, or maybe they are simply a bit dim or dont watch games.
    Bit o banter to be played by that so i dont mind.

But its still bloody sickening lol

Anyway, im off for stout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Opr

I didn't think you where that delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No not alone at all. I felt he should have gone, but that will never be talked about.

Thank god Chelsea got some decisions against them. Does anyone remember drogba old Trafford in 2010 that seal them the title. Ye have short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Actually happy with that Chelsea performance,

Officiating decisions aside , we were poor the first 20 , but unplayable after that until Brana got sent off , not intentional but had to walk as he was the last man,

The lads can hold the heads high after that performance , Rambo was immense , Mata inspirational.

Van Persie adds so much to united.

On Branas sending off , it bewilders me why players dont stay well away he still has to beat the keeper and your chances are alot higher with 11 on the pitch and plenty of time on the clock.

Enjoyable 50 odd minutes anyway

Yep good post - very happy with the Chelsea performance, apart from Luiz and Torres, I just dont think they are up to scratch
    Torres should have been sent off anyway for the neck high tackle
    Still top of league and the rest have to catch us.
    If we had a RVP, we wouldnt be under so much pressure but at the moment, we have to rely on Mata etc rather than our expensive striker and say what you like, strikers are there to score goals and turn up and deliver in big games. If we can find one of those, and a defender, we really will be contenders

edgecutter wrote: »
    No not alone at all. I felt he should have gone, but that will never be talked about.

Thank god Chelsea got some decisions against them. Does anyone remember drogba old Trafford in 2010 that seal them the title. Ye have short memories.

lol and machedas hand ball. Short memories indeed:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Actually don't know what to say after that.

To play such an immense game and lose like that is actually awful, especially because we were all over them and well on course to score 3 or 4. Mata, Ramires, Cole, Luiz were superb today.

I actually don't care Clattenburg is a ****in joke, any United fans who say you don't get decisions take a step back and shut it. Fair play to youse who say you got away with it, but those who say "its all the sweeter" you know you'd be the first to sulk that "United get nothing" if it was the other way round.

Funny enough this just proves we have the quality to challenge seriously but that just might be the hardest loss to take I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Why are you on about rawk, he just said twice they were off an arsenal forum.
    Because that's where that nonsense belongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

edgecutter wrote: »

That goal made it 2-nil though? And I remember Macheda got away with a handball to make it 2-1

el dude wrote: »
    You'd think United fans would be a bit more secure in themselves after all these years.

By letting the Abu brigade spout their bitter conspiracies unchallenged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What about both offside goals Chelsea scored last Season against Wigan at home?

Or Torres' goal this season against Reading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gary Nevilie , speaking a lot of sense here

Hes brilliant, as usual. Its funny, everyone thought it was a stupid decision, and thought his bias would take over, but hes been top class for sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Actually don't know what to say after that.

To play such an immense game and lose like that is actually awful, especially because we were all over them and well on course to score 3 or 4. Mata, Ramires, Cole, Luiz were superb today.

I actually don't care Clattenburg is a ****in joke, any United fans who say you don't get decisions take a step back and shut it. Fair play to youse who say you got away with it, but those who say "its all the sweeter" you know you'd be the first to sulk that "United get nothing" if it was the other way round.

Funny enough this just proves we have the quality to challenge seriously but that just might be the hardest loss to take I've ever seen.

If you were on course to score 3 or 4, you would have scored 3 or 4.

double GG wrote: »
    What about both offside goals Chelsea scored last Season against Wigan at home?

Or Torres' goal this season against Reading?

or the penalty chelsea should have had against wigan and reading this season alone.......oh and another penalty in the qpr game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Prick! wrote: »
    Where are the Liverpool fans? :O :O :O :O :O xxxx

Were you calling out the Liverpool fans who were posting at the start of game? How about at half time?

Very strange.

Generalisations from some here are remarkable. Keep em coming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Christ! Torres karate kicked Cleverlys chest. Shocking that it wasn't considered dangerous play and he stayed in the pitch.

Worst decision the ref made all day imo.

Neville is comfortably the best, most objective pundit in football .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement