Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Manchester United 28.10.12 KO 4:00pm (Sky Sports 1)

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

opr wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez: "You cannot have an impartial Football Association when members of that board are also executives at Manchester United."

The same goes for any club. It's a clear conflict of interest. Referee selection needs to become completely transparent for this stuff to stop. No club should have influence on who is refereeing a game.

Opr

That he said executives from Manchester United and not any league clubs lets you know how seriously anyone should take that statement.

That was just bitter Rafa lashing out because his team turned to **** and he wasnt good enough to stop it.

Its already been shown that other clubs down the years have had members on the board and the other FA's still have presidents of clubs on their board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Perhaps we could move all this to the conspiracy theory forum?

3 points. That ain't a conspiracy. That's a fact.

Robin Van Persie, I'm glad your inner child screamed in the manner it did.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is there a mod in the house?

Don't mind the decisions being discussed but why are the ridiculous anti united conspiracys allowed to continue? This thread has been derailed by bitter ref conspiracy bullsh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

RasTa wrote: »
    No club does, read my previous

I did read it. Why isn't Clattenburg in that rotation since the 6-1 defeat? He averages every other top side around six times and is the most used referee but I think before today went 34 games without a United match ? I'd say the odds for such a rotation anomaly are huge?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is there a mod in the house?

Don't mind the decisions being discussed but why are the ridiculous anti united conspiracys allowed to continue? This thread has been derailed by bitter ref conspiracy bullsh*t.

When you consider what the Everton/Pool thread got closed down for compared to here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Drumpot wrote: »
    Why wouldn't he? The fa are quick to give fergie a ban for speaking about refs. Why should he put himself in the firing line after a win like that?

wasnt saying he was doing the wrong thing, it was more me saying it for those who werent watching so they knew what was going on
    Of course he did, one thing I tend to notice about Fergie is that before games like these he will come out and say that he never gets decisions at "X" ground or "X" team got big decisions last time we played, more often than not it ends up with a big ref decision in that game then...

... It might be a big coincidence but I think it's Fergie mind games.

He's got to play it smart as said above ^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think suggesting a 'conspiracy' is going too far, but I do think it's possible that because Ferguson is such a giant figure in the game he occasionally manages to influence some refs

Not directly - before I get accused of wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm not suggesting that he bribes them or has the power to demote them if things aren't given his way.

All I'm saying is that refs may look at it like - what's worse here if I piss off Ferguson or if I piss off Di Matteo/Rodgers etc...?

They are not going to go outright into a game saying 'shít I better make sure United win this one', but I do believe with some refs, when it comes to marginal calls, they may just be thinking of Ferguson's infamous 'hairdryer' and what the implications of a bad decision against him might entail.

In other words 'Better safe than sorry' is occasionally their thinking, and this essentially means giving United the call.

This is one angle on it anyway, I'm just speculating, it may well just be a case of luck, but when it starts to add up like this it makes you wonder.

It'll be interesting when Ferguson finally retires anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement