Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Dissapeared!!

Options
  • 27-10-2012 5:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

Hi all,

I had a website built about 18 months ago,

It started off on page 18 and in about 4 months time after many hours of ading links and the usural seo stuff it made its wat to the very top of page 1 for several diferant phrases.

I met an seo expert... who advised me on other stuff and I was eager to have the site be even better...this was recently...I cant even find the site now..

Some pages are on page 18 ,last week some were on page 33,
    The expert says it google penguin...

I dont know but it has seriously hurt my sales big time,

I dont know what to do ,im spending a fortune now on adwords...
    Oddly eneough ,around the same time I experimented with adwords for a week and stopped..a week or two later I have to use adwords...

Can anyone tell me what might of happened?
    Or even better ,What can I do..:)
    Thanks fo any help,
    This is not an advertising,please dont banned me.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Movers

Here is a link to the site ...again this is not any shape or form of advertising...

Please do not ban me.
    www. getcracking .ie

Thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

from a quick 5 minute glance

your site isnt hmtl5 compliant
    to many of your menu items are just images, for instance "your ph number, the irish moving company" is an image, google cant see images like we do. Like wise on your menu on the left. All big no no's
    As far as i can see you only have 1 H1 tag on your landing page!
    there is loads more

How much are you paying this "seo expert" because he is far from an expert!
    The issues on your site have little to do with google penguin.

See this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056784632 and in particular my posts there and pm me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

Mamy5 wrote: »
    Someone answer me here please!
    Please don't try and hide external links to other forums as internal boards links. From that alone I wouldn't even like to guess the type of spammy nonsense you try and use to elevate rank online.

I'll assume you're simply trying to use boards to boost the authority of whatever other crappy forum you just linked to, to then in turn bolster the rank of your own sites you've linked to from that page... but even if the initial guess is wrong (I'm not bothered looking into the specifics), save throwing this type of nonsense at boards.
    flynnlives wrote: »
    The issues on your site have little to do with google penguin.
    They've little to do with a penalty or deindexing either. They're the type of problems that could potentially lead to crawl errors, hurt the efficiency of the sites digital marketing and could cause a variety of usability issues, but nothing mentioned that at a glance would cause SERP hits as mentioned.

Edit: Woops, thought that was the OP throwing up the spammy link too. Apologies OP. Please disregard the comment below.

The initial attempt at gaming boards suggests there will be multiple issues with the sites backlink profile (even if the spammer in question is smart enough to use buffers [like the two forums being used in this case]) that more than likely will have led to a penguin or a normal webspam issue.

Edit:
    As mentioned, the issues FL mentioned are all things you want to look at, but doubtful to be the cause of any specific hit/penalty. From what you've said, penguin slap sounds plausible, but you'd need to provide more details to be sure. (Or someone would need to take the time to review your site for guideline breaches to see where you might be tripping the algorithm)

As a first step, have you got an authorised Google Webmaster Tools account? See if Google might have provided any information on a manual webspam penalty or if there are any pointers to where your site is having issues at the moment.

I checked out my webmaster tool thing,there is no notifications of anything there,I at the time changed the content of the home page and one other page ,we also changed some keywords,a good few,we had to extend 2 pages for more content,changed a few headings,
    But the site is so far back now its ,,shocking

It had been ranking so well,Id say top 1,2 or 3 site in the country in my business.

This is why Im so :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

The Movers wrote: »
    It had been ranking so well,Id say top 1,2 or 3 site in the country in my business.
    From a 5 second glance at your backlink profile (I haven't checked the site itself, so also possible for onpage factors to be at play here) it appears as if it's nearly entirely (low quality) directory submissions. I didn't see a single high (even highish or anything other than low) quality editorial link in the well over 300 links reported.

Given the lack of a message in WMT (likely not a manual webspam penalty), you're probably looking at a penguin slap (if you can identify the timing of the dropoff in search referrals we'd be able to give you a better idea) or else a different (but similar) algorithmic hit on the low quality links. (Again, I'm assuming everything on the site itself is above board... if it's not, sort out that end first/too!)

Long and the short of it... stop gaining the low quality links (it can work for the short term but not for the long term), focus on your users and provide them with something that they actually want to link to (and thus gain some high quality organic links). Remove the poor quality links pointing at the site (the glance I took showed up a number of followed sponsored links, a big red flag, and a huge number of low quality directories - however there could be worse in there too) and hope that if it is a penalty they review it again in a very short time (document all the changes you make/links removed, as you may end up having to submit a reconsideration request depending on whether or not it might be a manual penalty - without knowing the history of traffic to the site and if/when the WMT account was set up, the lack of a message doesn't prove it's not a manual penalty).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 the mover

300 LINKS! ya I manually submitted each one.....

Monitered the site several times daily for months....

Watched it get closer and closer to page 1,

Thought I was making great progress:rolleyes:

back to square one again!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

key word assessment for office removers page gives this:

2 word Phrase repeats in body
    share on 4
    cookie control 3
    our site 3
    this site 2
    to store 2
    cookies are 2
    to improve 2
    be set 2
    we offer 2
    offer free D 2
    provide an 2
    your office 2
    get cracking T, D 2

3 word phrase
    using our site 2
    we offer free 2

<H1>: Office Removals
    <H2>: Cookie Control
    <H2>: We know your office move must be on time, to budget and hassle free!

Text/HTML ratio 8.91%

Get the on page stuff sorted first, for several good reasons
    • the site will rank better organically
    • the site will convert better
    • Google algorithm changes will have less effect
    • PPC ads will cost less
    I would advise firing your SEO "expert"

If you would like a full assessment of your site and list of what you should do to improve it call me

Advertisement